I could have swore we had a topic for The Last Guardian (aka Hitokui no Ōwashi Trico, "Trico, the man-eating eagle"), but I can't find it. So, E3 this year has been something special - at least for me - because it felt as if The Last Guardian was long dead and I had let it go. For those who don't know, Guardian is the follow from the creative team that made Ico and it's semi-successor Shadow of the Colossus. The Last Guardian was originally intended for the PlayStation 3 but was dormant or believed to be a dead project after many years of not hearing any news. But now big news has been released at E3 and the game has been set for the PlayStation 4.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/18/8801679/the-last-guardian-ps4-development-history-shuhei-yoshida

I am so happy to hear this news. I thought this was long sicne vapourware, but this news is not only goo, it manages to instill enthusiasm into the fans once again.

I watch this video and all the right heart strings are being pulled. Everything that made the other Team Ico games great is all here. The technology looks amazing and as always, the unique visual style of the game evokes that same sense of wonder. It's good to see this game again.

Edited by Mr March

I'm looking forward to seeing where this fits into the Ico/SoTC world and if there will be any references in-game to those events. It was known that Shadow of the Colossus was a prequel to Ico and that Ico was a decedent of Wander. It'll be interesting unraveling the story in this.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's coming to the PS6, right? :D

most likely the 4k remastered version :p

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well, this is a game initially designed for the PS3 that was then re-developed for the PS4. So the legacy look of some of the visuals is probably unavoidable.

I think a game designed by Ueda and Co. might actually benefit from a graphical engine that is a little dated. Both of their first two games were overly ambitious for the platform upon which they were released and suffered some performance issues as a result. If the graphics are toned down a little, the gameplay will probably benefit.

But like I said, "for me" I think this is the killer app that entices me to purchase the PS4.

I'm gonna pick up a PS4 sometime as well. Not just for this one but also for 'souls 3, Uncharted 4, Metal Gear and a few other up and coming games. Plus it'll be nice to play my copy of Bloodborne. I bought the collector's edition without owning a system being that I'm a pathetic super fan of all things souls :D

Back on topic, that Griffin thing is adorable :)