Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

28 minutes ago, twich said:

I know that this said 2019, but does the ad say any more?  Can’t read Japanese......

Let's dissect.

99E57EF0-5700-4692-9649-DD3221075EB5.jpeg

Top row:
Macross Zero & Arcadia logos

Bottom row:
1/60 VF-0D Phoneix Premium Finish
Available in 2019
Designed by T-Rex
Legal lines such as Big West, etc.

21 hours ago, DewPoint said:

My Variable Stands boxes were safe, my Elintseeker box had some damage to it.  I'll use them if I have to, but they will not be my first choice. 

Also, check for the following:1757790208_ArcadiaStand.JPG.81cf536c1b35a38d8b7e4677696ceecb.JPG

One of my two stands has this issue.  Its minor so I think I'll keep it.  I'll just need to swap it to the rear side. 

Same here, 1 of 2 and the same exact bit (left side, upward facing).

17 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

New for 2019!

Of course it was expected.

99E57EF0-5700-4692-9649-DD3221075EB5.jpeg

Wonder how much it'll be this time.  Assuming it'll have actual anime-correct colors this time, of course.

At any rate, finally got my launch-arms from DHL.  Reckon Genie helped...

arcadia-launch-arms.jpg.97dda0f5465af799e31441ea57db664f.jpg

:bump:

Early morning feverish dream world speculating/hoping for Arcadia's plans over the next 18 months:

1) SV-51 in August (absent of any engineering problems)

2) VF-0D  PF n November/December (absent of any engineering problems, anime accurate colors)

========================

~~~~space fold into my fantasy~~~~

========================

3) VF-1J GBP PF in March

4) VF-0A PF in August (absent of any engineering problems)

5)Super VF-1A Brownie PF in November/December

========================

~~~~exit space fold ~~~~

========================

33 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm assuming the 0D is going to be one of those "2019" releases that happens the very last week of the year so realistically it's a 2020 release.

I hope so, my wallet is still smoldering from the last few months hehe

4 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

Early morning feverish dream world speculating/hoping for Arcadia's plans over the next 18 months:

1) SV-51 in August (absent of any engineering problems)

2) VF-0D  PF n November/December (absent of any engineering problems, anime accurate colors)

========================

~~~~space fold into my fantasy~~~~

========================

3) VF-1J GBP PF in March

4) VF-0A PF in August (absent of any engineering problems)

5)Super VF-1A Brownie PF in November/December

========================

~~~~exit space fold ~~~~

========================

You're forgetting Nora!

I'd rather see a VT-1 before a brownie.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

You're forgetting Nora!

I'd rather see a VT-1 before a brownie.

I suppose I'd pick up a super ostrich if they put one out there. I've never shared the same passion for the SO or Elintseeker that many have.

I'd prefer the Hikaru 1J (GBP or no!), a brownie of any variety and/or a 1D. 

Well now I really hope a PF VT-1 is next because the shoulders on my old Yamato VT-1 finally gave out on me. Super glued them together and they're holding okay, but they definitely are in a super fragile state now. I even sanded down the stupid knurled pins as best I could.

38 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Well now I really hope a PF VT-1 is next because the shoulders on my old Yamato VT-1 finally gave out on me. Super glued them together and they're holding okay, but they definitely are in a super fragile state now. I even sanded down the stupid knurled pins as best I could.

I have repaired a few cracked (some totally disintegrated) shoulder joints with this :https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Plastics-Bonding-Activator-681925/dp/B000Y3LHXW

Much better than super glue and the repaired shoulder works as per normal. Enough friction to post the arm with no looseness.

5 minutes ago, kkx said:

I have repaired a few cracked (some totally disintegrated) shoulder joints with this :https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Plastics-Bonding-Activator-681925/dp/B000Y3LHXW

Much better than super glue and the repaired shoulder works as per normal. Enough friction to post the arm with no looseness.

Thanks, I'll give that a try if they come apart again.

Guess I'll work on the Super Ostrich next since I already took her apart. :vava:

I'd like to see a 1A/1D as their next release, along with a standalone set of VF-1 super parts.

Outside of SDFM... did they get all of the Yamato molds? Wouldn't mind seeing some M+ releases from them - VF-11 and YF-21. Destroid reissues would be neat too.

Are they working on anything new, or is all the new stuff going to be coming from Bandai at this point?

20 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I'd like to see a 1A/1D as their next release, along with a standalone set of VF-1 super parts.

Outside of SDFM... did they get all of the Yamato molds? Wouldn't mind seeing some M+ releases from them - VF-11 and YF-21. Destroid reissues would be neat too.

Are they working on anything new, or is all the new stuff going to be coming from Bandai at this point?

They already re-released a 1D.  

Their newest is the SV-51 due out next month.  No, it’s not the same as the Yamato release.  It’s an all new mould.  

The 11 and 21 would be redone if they were ever released again.

13 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

So far the reissues/re-released done by Arcadia (from Yamato molds) were mostly VF-1's (VE-1 included), VF-19Kai, VF-4G and the SDF-1. The YF-19 and VF-0's were all produced with new molds including the upcoming SV-51.

As for the Macross Plus Valks, we don't have any infornation nor clues if they have the molds from Yamato. But if they were going to do it, I hope they re-engineer it rather than re-release it. Those really need to be re-engineered esp the YF-21.

Right now, Bandai is really ahead of the game when it comes to Macross since they produce toys from Frontier to the latest series and it's more accessible to newer generations. While Arcadia is just relying to older generation of fans assuming that they still hold license from SDFM to Mac+. And still depends on which Valkyrie model to sell since they just limit their production compared to Bandai's.

Here's Arcadia's list of display for the upcoming WonderFest 2019 Summer in July 28, 2019.

Macross:
- 1/60 SV-51y D.D. Ivanov Unit
- 1/60 VF-0D Shin Unit [Premium Finish]
- New item

Megazone 23
- 1/24 Proto-Garland (Diecast)
- 1/24 Hargan (Diecast)
- 1/24 Transporter

https://arcadia.ac/user_data/wf2019summer.php

The VF-1d was issued by Yamato and Arcadia has not done it yet. 

Well since the VE-1 is out, the guessing game is either the VT-1, SV-51 Nora and the CF version including the VF-1d to be re-engineered. 

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

The VF-1d was issued by Yamato and Arcadia has not done it yet. 

Well since the VE-1 is out, the guessing game is either the VT-1, SV-51 Nora and the CF version including the VF-1d to be re-engineered. 

I don't think Arcadia is going to waste budget on having the VF-1D re-engineered. I mean, they've already re-released some VF-1's using the old (probably refined existing Yamato) molds for them to do some rework on VF-1D (VT-1 included).

Edited by no3Ljm

It's hard to believe that the last release of the VF-1D was Yamato's 30th Anniversary box from 2012. 

The VT-1 is higher on my wish list, though, especially if Arcadia is going to stick with straight reissues and the premium finish stuff. If they start adding updated or extra figs to future VF-1s, like they did with the YF-19 and the VF-19 Kai, that would be a little more tempting. 

Looks weathered and panel lined to me going by the chest piece, the intakes, and the back of the legs where the tailfins go.

Edited by wmkjr

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Maybe Arcadia will make you happy and make the actual release blue:p

You never know right?:ph34r:

I didn't bought any of their previous PF's and I'm not going to just because I like that shade of blue on the VF-0D. I'm just saddened to see that they're really going on the old blue color which we didn't get. And coated or not, that blue is totally different from the non-PF version. :cray: