Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

:o

Is that... SV-51 Ivanov?! That's the only model I could think of that fits those blanks.

I really hope that's it! I'd love me a SV-51 with the Arcadia treatment!

However, there could be other possibilities.... The first part with the hyphen is obviously the valkyrie model designation. The second part is likely a name as neoexcaliber has already guessed, but aside from "Ivanov", it could also be "Hikaru" or "Basara" perhaps?

My money's still on the SV-51 tho since Arcadia has the Macross Zero license and appears to be milking it for all its got at the moment.

if you squint your eyes you very clearly see a VF-4! :o

And you can also see slightly darker areas on the vertical stabilizers which could even suggest Skull logos!

if they do a Hikaru repaint then I'll definitely be in for one! But the question is price! Im guessing high 30's or even into the low 40k yen.. Of course I certainly hope not but following their recent pricing trends with their latest releases im not seeing it any other way.

Edited by spanner76

if you squint your eyes you very clearly see a VF-4! :o

And you can also see slightly darker areas on the vertical stabilizers which could even suggest Skull logos!

if they do a Hikaru repaint then I'll definitely be in for one! But the question is price! Im guessing high 30's or even into the low 40k yen.. Of course I certainly hope not but following their recent pricing trends with their latest releases im not seeing it any other way.

That's weird. I do see a VF-4 as well. :lol: Holy crap I might be wrong about the Ivanov. Here are some rescaled photos for the squint-challenged.

post-3593-0-77108400-1443779774.jpgpost-3593-0-83108900-1443779781.jpg

Edited by neoexcaliber

That's weird. I do see a VF-4 as well. :lol: Holy crap I might be wrong about the Ivanov.

that also means that my dreams are indeed NOT prophetic! hehe! I was sooo sure it was what we were gonna see next from them but that's clearly not the case!

Kinda disappointed in some ways but not in others!

I'm seeing a VF-4 too, but where's the yellow nose cone?

damn! that totally skipped my mind.. I'll be and im sure MANY others also will be terribly disappointed if they don't do a Hikaru repaint.. I mean it makes the most sense to do so especially considering it made an appearance in Flashback 2012.

c'mon Arcadia bloody well give us what we want and deserve! :angry:

vf4screen.jpg

or at least an interchangeable nose cone and some decent water slide decals so we can do our own if they not willing to do that off the bat..

ok so that might be a little extreme but hey desperate measures call for desperate acts! ;):p:D

Edited by spanner76

that also means that my dreams are indeed NOT prophetic! hehe! I was sooo sure it was what we were gonna see next from them but that's clearly not the case!

Kinda disappointed in some ways but not in others!

damn! that totally skipped my mind.. I'll be and im sure MANY others also will be terribly disappointed if they don't do a Hikaru repaint.. I mean it makes the most sense to do so especially considering it made an appearance in Flashback 2012.

c'mon Arcadia bloody well give us what we want and deserve! :angry:

vf4screen.jpg

or at least an interchangeable nose cone and some decent water slide decals so we can do our own if they not willing to do that off the bat..

It might be an unfinished 'prototype' using the previous Yamato release as the base. :lol:

Warning! Rant ahead.. Actually the more I think about this.. If they don't do this release as a repaint then simply re-issue the VF-4 unchanged then this is just gonna totally piss me off.. If it is unchanged then I sure as hell don't want another!

Yes I know there are a lot of people who still want one of these things and the current second hand markets bull%hit pricing makes them unreachable for many but... there is still a lot of other stuff out there that needs or at least deserves a re-issue / renew they could have chosen instead!

There's no doubting that the VF-4 is already a good toy, yes it may have a few small issues but they are mostly easily forgivable and I think those hoping for any fixes are going to be somewhat disappointed when either little or nothing gets done as I just can't see Arcadia spending any money reworking the original molds or design.

To me I only see it as Arcadia using this as a quick cash grab even if that is their sole intention or possibly even using this to help fund further developments down the track (which I kinda doubt anyways) im still not impressed as them re-issuing the VF-4 will only add a whole chunk of extra time before Arcadia's next all new toy release. And the last thing Arcadia needs to do is go any slower than they already are. The VF-4 is most likely going to be set for an end of 1st to 2nd quarter 2016 release after or possibly in between the upcoming Zero releases (MPT-0 & Reactive Armor) thus slowing down other potential release candidates for those of us already waiting for them..

Sorry as this may be a little choppy as maybe im on a high from too many coffee's this evening but can anyone see my point or am I being unreasonable or jumping to conclusions too early?

Maybe I need to go to bed..

Edited by spanner76

wow this thread suddenly exploded....i bet there is a lot of squinty eyed MWForummers going around today!

i saw the twitter feed as well..what is this code...?!

Brand name "complete deformation â—‹â—‹ - â—‹â—‹ â—‹â—‹â—‹â—‹â—‹â—‹" is!

I think the logical name that fits is ....SV-51 IVANOV!!!

sorry didnt mean to shout :lol:

Edited by seti88

Maybe a vf-4... but where are the blue pixels coming from? And what is all the darkness behind the canopy section? The vf-4 canopy is a lot farther away from the main body than this picture would indicate. The nose cone is also not long enough. I get where you guys are coming from, but I look at those pixel blobs then look at mine and see too many discrepancies. Could be, but the nose cone just looks too short. Looks like it has a kite on the wing as well, so if they are tampoing that on this go around it's not a direct re-release. It's certainly a different color scheme if it is a vf-4.

Could it be a vf-1 with super parts?

Maybe a vf-4... but where are the blue pixels coming from? And what is all the darkness behind the canopy section? The vf-4 canopy is a lot farther away from the main body than this picture would indicate. The nose cone is also not long enough. I get where you guys are coming from, but I look at those pixel blobs then look at mine and see too many discrepancies. Could be, but the nose cone just looks too short. Looks like it has a kite on the wing as well, so if they are tampoing that on this go around it's not a direct re-release. It's certainly a different color scheme if it is a vf-4.

Could it be a vf-1 with super parts?

Why not both? ; )

Well, well, well....what do we have here?

That's weird. I do see a VF-4 as well. :lol: Holy crap I might be wrong about the Ivanov. Here are some rescaled photos for the squint-challenged.

attachicon.gifarcadia02.jpgattachicon.gifarcadia03.jpg

Did someone put the Hasegawa super parts on Arcadia's Twitter? :p I'm so late on this. I just realized that if you put your laptop far across the room you can see the outline of the plane better. :rolleyes:

Edited by wmkjr