Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

6 hours ago, MKT said:

It was just a placard that appeared years ago at some exhibition, but it became vaporware when there were no official mentions of it thereafter.

ArcadiaVF-0ACF.jpg.19273a0975ebfa830d4110f23061f3c3.jpg

If not mistaken, this could be the only Macross item Arcadia have teased but never followed through after.

Unlike Bandai.. :rolleyes:

True. Arcadia's smart enough to just spent their budget on a glossy paper, ink, and an acrylic display to tease you for an 'upcoming' project. Not like Bandai where they will tease you 3 modes prototypes and ended up put it somewhere safe when they decided not to do it anymore. Bandai wins! :spiteful:

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Bandai wins! :spiteful:

You mean the Bandai guy who pitched the "idea" (knowing there is no way Bandai would green-light it) wins when he takes it home and stashes it in his basement mancave!...thinking of the 1/35th VF-1J and 1/1800 DYRL SDF-1...imagine what those would sell for on auction....🤑

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

You mean the Bandai guy who pitched the "idea" (knowing there is no way Bandai would green-light it) wins when he takes it home and stashes it in his basement mancave!...thinking of the 1/35th VF-1J and 1/1800 DYRL SDF-1...imagine what those would sell for on auction....🤑

Yup. Against the Arcadia guy who's going to end up with a 'print out' in an acrylic tabletop display. :spiteful:

On 3/3/2023 at 3:26 PM, M'Kyuun said:

Love the design, hate the colors. Hoping this thing is issue-free, and they follow it up with the lovely 'B' series. Been some time since we had a new valk design to add to the display, and this one was high on the list, along with the Variable Glaug, VF-9 , and the VF-14. Oh yeah, and an improved YF-21 w/ good overall battroid proportions.

This so cute lol, I really like the proportions of this bird. 

Had to sell most of my valks due to moving to Japan, only retaining a single 22 Gamlin. 

Two months in and I bought a VF-4S MHR 🤦‍♂️

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

Does anyone know if they'll release a PF version of this shortly after? I just saw this on HLJ and I've been wanting one for the longest time. I will hold out for PF version if I know it's on the way.

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-perfect-transformation-vf-19-kai-nekki-basara-special-with-sound-booster-reissue-aca82165

How will it look like as a PF?

17 hours ago, treatment said:

How will it look like as a PF?

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Man I don't even know what a PF VF-19 would look like. Sure hope Arcadia gives us one though! :)

I think a PF version would have some brown ink panel lines and way more tampo printing. They could throw in a bit of subtle weathering as well. They markup the price on the valks pretty good for the PF versions so who knows if they'll want to cash in on that.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, treatment said:

Mr.K's  WonFest Summer-2023 report :  (get some auto-translate browser addons/plugins)

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12816315322.html

It is always nice to get updates from the persons directly responsible for the products & get a small insight into their thoughts.

That said, Mr. K mentions that the upcoming VF-19 Kai is being made at a new factory, compared to the previous issues. I hope everything turns out fine and we'll not get a repeat of the recent YF-19 spate of breakages. At same time, got to commend Arcadia for maintaining the prices for these reissues, when the MSRP of every other toy & reissues have risen steeply.

Frankly saying..couldnt careless for the fire bomber VF19. Give me a remake and PF ver of the VF 19S/A Emerald Force ver and the VF17D/S

No panel lines or weathering though just tampo for the PF ver to keep the price down

Edited by recon

Since Arcadia seems to be revisiting Macross 7 I would highly encourage them to create a whole new VF-11B & 11C. (yeah, I know the 11B is Plus)

@recon This, I'd be on board for a remake of the VF 19S/A Emerald Force & their VF17D/S. Standard & PF variants.

2 hours ago, recon said:

Frankly saying..couldnt careless for the fire bomber VF19. Give me a remake and PF ver of the VF 19S/A Emerald Force ver and the VF17D/S

No panel lines or weathering though just tampo for the PF ver to keep the price down

I too would like to see that!

Twich

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Since Arcadia seems to be revisiting Macross 7 I would highly encourage them to create a whole new VF-11B & 11C. (yeah, I know the 11B is Plus)

@recon This, I'd be on board for a remake of the VF 19S/A Emerald Force & their VF17D/S. Standard & PF variants.

And if they are really lazy, i would settle for a VF-1S strike minmay guard with all the fancy tampos. Kinda given up hope to see a reissue of the VT-1 Super Ostrich cos they may have lost the molds for it

Edited by recon

I wonder what license bureaucracy there might be with BW and Bandai to proceed with all these suggestions? 

I'm still hoping for a VF-0A revisit... but perhaps a lot of that depends on exposure and the if eventual international Blu-Ray ever gets released. 

On 8/18/2023 at 1:56 AM, Raikkonen said:

I'm still hoping for a VF-0A revisit... but perhaps a lot of that depends on exposure and the if eventual international Blu-Ray ever gets released. 

^ This +1 please Arcadia. We need a Premium Finish release of the VF-0A (with legs that don't break off)

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

^ This +1 please Arcadia. We need a Premium Finish release of the VF-0A (with legs that don't break off)

I would definitely second that! It feels like a no brainer with the secondary market demanding a premium on the QC plagued first release and the PF treatment having been done to the two other toys. C'mon Arcadia, get on it! Also, do a limited run of the CF at the same time and you'll save on costs!

5 hours ago, MKT said:

+4 on VF-0A reissue, and PF a must! On other hand, Arcadia seems to be exclusively working with a new factory, so perhaps they are taking things cautiously.  

Definitely hope to see a PF VF-0A. Has anyone ever nudged Mr. K about it? I wonder if it's on Arcadia's radar