Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Mine showed up last week, no strap. Pretty sure it's just a nice touch, not a missing accessory.

My box was a bit dinged up as well, think it's just due to a large box with soft insides.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nope, no extras in the box. Just the gunpod and whatever tags were attached.

Mine's already taken a little "battle damage" thanks to my youngest cat, so now it's sitting on the highest shelf in my closet. :blink:

Thanks for confirming, guys. Given what my box went through on its journey here, I just wanted to be sure. Sorry to hear about the battle damage....

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Ok thanks.  Wish they gave us some info.  I can't imagine it's too far off from being up for pre-order

Is this real? Where did they announced vf-5000? I went to their website and no mention of this being developed. Also, strange they are releasing yf-21 after having two version of yf-19 is their next line up.

1 hour ago, thkthk12 said:

Is this real? Where did they announced vf-5000? I went to their website and no mention of this being developed. Also, strange they are releasing yf-21 after having two version of yf-19 is their next line up.

Go here. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

thanks for the link although I wish we get another release of yf-21 this vf-5000 looks sick. Is there estimate time period when the PO will be open for this beauty? Also, never PO before so for Arcadia will I be able to PO in website like hlj and amiami? Thanks in advance

54 minutes ago, thkthk12 said:

thanks for the link although I wish we get another release of yf-21 this vf-5000 looks sick. Is there estimate time period when the PO will be open for this beauty? Also, never PO before so for Arcadia will I be able to PO in website like hlj and amiami? Thanks in advance

Arcadia is a separate company from Bandai, which is the one you're thinking about with the YF-21. Here is the link for Arcadia and their products list: https://arcadia.ac/  The VF-5000 is still in the development stage so no info yet when it'll be sold. Wonderfest Winter 2023 in Feb would most likely have more info. As for PO, it usually is available at the regular websites like those you listed. From my experience, PO's are easier to get from Arcadia.

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Arcadia is a separate company from Bandai, which is the one you're thinking about with the YF-21. Here is the link for Arcadia and their products list: https://arcadia.ac/  The VF-5000 is still in the development stage so no info yet when it'll be sold. Wonderfest Winter 2023 in Feb would most likely have more info. As for PO, it usually is available at the regular websites like those you listed. From my experience, PO's are easier to get from Arcadia.

Oh no I know they are separate. What I was saying is that I wished they re-released the Yamato one because I really want one and I am just planning to pulled the trigger and pay the premium for a second hand one. 

So for clarification VF-5000 won't be announced officially until 2023. That's good my wallet can take a break then because he's been running a marathon. Thanks for the info! 

41 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I suppose Arcadia could re release the Yammy YF-21. But that doesn't seem to be their style, IMO. Sure they did it with the VF-4, kinda. But for something like the YF-21, I think they would put out a new design. 

but haven't they been technically re-releasing Yamato until this VF-5000 announcement? I know they made little changes to figures like yf-19 but still pretty much the same mold. Sorry if I am wrong on this but still I really want one so I might dip into yf-21. I already nuked my wallet so additional $500 won't hurt I guess T.T I have two kidney for a reason 

5 hours ago, thkthk12 said:

but haven't they been technically re-releasing Yamato until this VF-5000 announcement? I know they made little changes to figures like yf-19 but still pretty much the same mold. Sorry if I am wrong on this but still I really want one so I might dip into yf-21. I already nuked my wallet so additional $500 won't hurt I guess T.T I have two kidney for a reason 

Nope. New molds for SV-51's. And improvements/design upgrades for VF-0's. 

8 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Nope. New molds for SV-51's. And improvements/design upgrades for VF-0's. 

Don't forget the new molds for the YF-19 as well.

The only molds they're straight up re-releasing are VF-1 and VF-4. [edit] And the Desdroid as well.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

If Arcadia will revisit the YF-21/VF-22s, will there be a possibly that either the de-limiter mold be removed and better hip/upper thigh joints and legs be redesigned (the legs have to be removed for the delimiter mode and the legs have to be turned sideways [like the DX 171] in order to get it properly tucked in)?

I’ve seen listings on Yahoo JP about the upper thighs cracking over a course of time as the plastic so brittle and a chunk of plastic is totally gone. Don’t forget that the Yammie YF-21/VF-22/Q-rau is so back heavy that it always topples over cause the balance is off center. 

I have brought this up before in my previous post here, just maybe more details this time round. 

Yeah but what I am saying is correct right? SV-51, yf-19, and vf-0 are all reused mold in a sense that they are derivative of the original Yamato with little improvement here and there. I just hope Bandai or Arcadia give some love to the yf-21 and for Yamato just straight up re-release will be amazing as well.

8 minutes ago, thkthk12 said:

Yeah but what I am saying is correct right? SV-51, yf-19, and vf-0 are all reused mold in a sense that they are derivative of the original Yamato with little improvement here and there. I just hope Bandai or Arcadia give some love to the yf-21 and for Yamato just straight up re-release will be amazing as well.

I’m pretty sure at least the VF-0 is a completely different mold and it’s definitely significantly better. The Arcadia VF-0 is arguably the best Valk toy ever made.

39 minutes ago, thkthk12 said:

Although the overall sculpt may look very similar between Yamato & Arcadia, and Arcadia's looking derivative of Yamato in terms of general design, Arcadia's mold is not the same as Yamato's for the VF's you mentioned. With tweaked proportions, panel lines, different structural materials & engineering, just about every part is new, or at least more than substantially enough to qualify as a totally new mold. 

What @MKT said. They look similar because it’s the same Valkyrie, but they are absolutely not the same mold. Just look at the Yamato yf-19 vs the Arcadia version. Massively different.

It’s a bigger difference than the v1 vf-25 vs the v2 for Bandai.

Since that we are talking about M+ and the YF-21...I was trying to touch up a little my old 1/60 from Yamato. Is there any kind of waterslide decals out there that can be used to replace the horrible stickers from yamato? They look really terrible and i think  it's a big shame because it's the only thing i can't stand of the model. I wanted to try the decals from the Hasegawa 1/72 model kit but i am afraid they could be too small. Any suggestions?

Edited by Robin-11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, treatment said:

Not much of a teaser.

The only thing new there is the Tomahawk. The rest are old standbys from their past tweets.

Like that 1/72 Hasegawa Regult from https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/1539191568397062144?cxt=HHwWgMCqufKkp9wqAAAA

I was just looking at tag hobby and they have that picture tagged with Arcadia regult. That’s definitely the hasegawa 1/72 model kit.