Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

EMS shipping was just over 7000 for the gunpod.

All told I ended up paying $29 for the gunpod and shipping. :yahoo:

Tenso wants 10000 for EMS. DHL is about 15000. Sigh. Glad you got a good deal. $75 for shipping something this large isn't so bad. 

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Told Tenso to ship out my gunpod. Not horrible? Under $80 in shipping and Tenso fees.

Same here. Now we wait.

When you add proxy processing fees to the shipping fees they offer, it's about the same as Tenso. Seems like all of these "helper" companies nickel and dime collectors to the same extent, just in slightly different ways.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

My gunpod hit customs in Los Angeles last night, so hopefully it will be here in a few days.

Mine says out for delivery today, but given my mail carrier's penchant for not actually delivering anything, I expect to be picking it up from the post office on Monday. :unknw:

11 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Sealed mint!! How much was it?

Arcadia sold it for ¥15,180 with tax included. I purchased it directly from their site and had it shipped to Tenso, who charged me ¥10,250 for EMS shipping to the US (¥9100 postage, ¥1150 handling fee). I think folks going through proxies to purchase and ship ended up paying about the same overall. EMS shipping might be slightly cheaper than Tenso, but the proxies hit you with a bunch of processing fees (percentage of item's purchase price fee, per-store shopping fee, item receiving and inspection fee, item packing fee, etc.). Pretty sure that @Loliconused some credit at a proxy and only ended up paying for shipping and handling. Nicely played. :good:

Yes, I used some ill-gotten store credit for my gunpod. The proxy I used couldn't get ahold of the VF-1D last year and jerked me around about it, so I got my money back via CC dispute. They must not have noticed, because they later issued me a store credit for the cost of the 1D, which I used for the gunpod. In total I paid $29 for shipping on the gunpod. :lol:

It's a nice, soft velvety material. I'm keeping mine in its plastic bag for the time being, as I'm not sure if either of my cats will attempt to destroy it. :blink:

51 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yes, I used some ill-gotten store credit for my gunpod. The proxy I used couldn't get ahold of the VF-1D last year and jerked me around about it, so I got my money back via CC dispute. They must not have noticed, because they later issued me a store credit for the cost of the 1D, which I used for the gunpod. In total I paid $29 for shipping on the gunpod. :lol:

It's a nice, soft velvety material. I'm keeping mine in its plastic bag for the time being, as I'm not sure if either of my cats will attempt to destroy it. :blink:

To your cats it probably looks like a large, gunpod-shaped scratching post

Yes it’s a golf bag to carry all your clubs @sjoebarry. :lol: 

However are you sure that it’s not a concealed weapon when you miss the designated marker at the end of the round and you go crazy and wack your opponents with that thing?? You have got some explaining to do when you cross the line. 

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Its funny to see the new Arcadia gunpod with a valk size pic and the older version with the same
(not mine!)
I wonder if anyone has both?

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/639713.html

image.png.daee943fc000d2d1ab5189bae51febbc.png

Is there a way to buy that older version?  I just thegoogle’d it but didn’t see any for sale just stories of it from 2014?

Hello,

Sorry I am new to this forum and not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. But I was wondering where do you guys preorder Arcadia's new releases? I just got into this hobby last week and been buying overpriced DX chogokins & Arcadia for must have but now looking out to see where everyone go for their POs. Thanks in advance if someone can answer this question for a newcomer. 

1 hour ago, thkthk12 said:

Hello,

Sorry I am new to this forum and not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. But I was wondering where do you guys preorder Arcadia's new releases? I just got into this hobby last week and been buying overpriced DX chogokins & Arcadia for must have but now looking out to see where everyone go for their POs. Thanks in advance if someone can answer this question for a newcomer. 

HobbyLink Japan, Anime Export, Ami Ami, and Amazon Japan are popular options. Just be sure to pick one that ships to your country in a way that you can afford. Arcadia items tend to not sell out as quickly as Bandai's, so you can usually avoid the more risky/expensive/slow options like Nin-Nin Game and Luna Park for POs. Be prepared to continue overpaying for Bandai items, though. It's difficult to secure POs for them, so most overseas collectors get items after release on the secondary market.

2 hours ago, thkthk12 said:

Hello,

I've only successfully pre-ordered a few times, all through HobbyLink Japan. Expensive, but reliable. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

I've only successfully pre-ordered a few times, all through HobbyLink Japan. Expensive, but reliable. Good luck!

thank you sir! I read on this forum that people successfully order from Arcadia's official website for their exclusive and had someone else ship it to them. Do you have any idea how that works? 

18 minutes ago, thkthk12 said:

thank you sir! I read on this forum that people successfully order from Arcadia's official website for their exclusive and had someone else ship it to them. Do you have any idea how that works? 

Three options:

1. Make a friend in Japan who is willing to receive Arcadia web exclusive items you purchase and ship them to you
  2. Send the items you purchase to a package forwarding service like Tenso or Blackship (their websites detail the entire process)
  3. Have a shopping proxy service like FromJapan, Buyee, or Big in Japan (there are many others) both purchase and ship your items. As with #2, the websites for proxies detail the entire process.

15 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Three options:

1. Make a friend in Japan who is willing to receive Arcadia web exclusive items you purchase and ship them to you
  2. Send the items you purchase to a package forwarding service like Tenso or Blackship (their websites detail the entire process)
  3. Have a shopping proxy service like FromJapan, Buyee, or Big in Japan (there are many others) both purchase and ship your items. As with #2, the websites for proxies detail the entire process.

Thank you so much your first and second comments will be super helpful. I already blew my wallet that I need to get a new one but I will be looking out for POs for both Bandai and Arcadia from now on. Thanks again you have a good one~

2 hours ago, thkthk12 said:

Thank you so much your first and second comments will be super helpful. I already blew my wallet that I need to get a new one but I will be looking out for POs for both Bandai and Arcadia from now on. Thanks again you have a good one~

Welcome to the hobby and good luck!

My gunpod FINALLY arrived. Took two weeks to get here via EMS. A full week of that time was it sitting in customs at LAX. When I picked it up at the post office this afternoon, I was horrified by the condition of the box. I would expect that kind of treatment for something shipped surface, not EMS. Luckily the gunpod was fine. Not sure anyone noticed it before, but there are two nylon loops on the underside where you can attach a strap! I don't think I'm missing anything from the box, like a strap, but @Loliconplease confirm if you can. For me it was just the gunpod in a plastic bag.

20220912_154906.jpg

20220912_155111.jpg

20220912_155029.jpg

20220912_155008.jpg

20220912_154957.jpg

20220912_154424.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37