Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

2 hours ago, treatment said:

yeah.

for those that don't go to twitter, here is the snapshot as well as the arcadia shop-site again:

image.png.cac8ed1f8499e3e6d0a590e6e00cf980.png

arcadia site-shop:  https://arcadia.ac/products/detail/354

get ready with yer proxy stuff to order/reserve it!

This is so ridiculous and fun that I just have to try to get one. I was hoping they'd post a time, otherwise it was going to be a long day of hitting the F5 button....

Public service announcement in regards to the plush gunpod. Given its size, I decided to run the numbers on what it would cost to ship it to the US. It's light, but large, so places like Tenso are saying that the various shipping services (DHL, EMS, etc.) will use volumetric weight instead of actual weight to determine shipping cost. Arcadia is saying that the package is 107 x 20 x 30 centimeters, which works out to 12.84 kilograms in volumetric weight. Below is what the Tenso shipping costs looks like as a result. I doubt that proxies will be more affordable. I'm going to have to seriously think about this for the next few hours. It's now in the "really stupid, but really fun" purchase category that I might be able to get past my wife, but it could also be the end of me.

image.png.27ec8e2f10e1ff4ab2ba617529d86417.png

Because the gunpod is a larger item. its probably best to use EMS if you want it fast since its still by Weight and not DIM Weight.  or if you are ok on waiting a couple of months then  Surface mail (BOAT)

I did a quick Quote at Japanpost with size and estimate weight of 4000g, and it will be around 11000 yen for EMS and Around 5000 yen for Surface (BOAT)

8 hours ago, Rhubarbarian said:

The yen is kind of ridiculously low compared to the dollar right now so I figured I'd give this a shot, haha. What a goofy purchase, we all deserve one.

That's how I managed to sell it to my wife. It's completely impractical and fun. The weaker yen doesn't hurt, either.

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I wonder if I can get Tenso to cram it into a tiny box, since it's a plush anyway.

My wife suggested one of those machines that compresses memory foam mattresses down to tiny cubes for shipping. Surely those exist in Japan and what they have is likely super high tech and very efficient.

7 hours ago, F360 said:

Because the gunpod is a larger item. its probably best to use EMS if you want it fast since its still by Weight and not DIM Weight.  or if you are ok on waiting a couple of months then  Surface mail (BOAT)

I did a quick Quote at Japanpost with size and estimate weight of 4000g, and it will be around 11000 yen for EMS and Around 5000 yen for Surface (BOAT)

That would be *much* better. Sure enough, on the Tenso site, in fine print, it says that only DHL and ECMS use volumetric weight for large, light packages. I entered 4000g into the Tenso shipping calculator and here's what I got:

image.png.a95694be11ce60f95ed5b5d118281103.png

So it looks like ¥18784 for DHL and roughly ¥14230 for EMS. It's reminding me of shipping those large 1/20 Plamax kits.

Unless the gunpod is packed in an extremely sturdy box, I worry that Surface shipping will completely destroy it.

Edited by Anasazi37

When clerical errors work out in your favor :lol:

Item name                                                                                      |    Unit price   |Quantity|   Subtotal    |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
愛おぼ ガンポッド ぬいぐるみ| 15,180 JPY  |      1     |15,180 JPY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

・Total Quantity :1
・Sub Total :15,180 JPY
・Coupon Discount :0 JPY
・Point Discount :15,180 JPY
・Plan Fee :0 JPY
・Total :0 JPY

1st Payment Made :2022/07/29 21:23:40
Payment Method : No Payment

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, treatment said:

Mr.K's WonFest-2022 article:

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12758085033.html

Use auto-translate from your browser.

Lots of pics and stuff.

Just saw this in the blog post:

"Also, the Gunpod stuffed toy is scheduled to be shipped in the week of August 22nd, so please wait a little longer."

Holy crap, the gunpod is shipping MUCH faster than I thought. I figured it would be the six-month-wait-after-PO situation we've become accustomed to from Arcadia and Bandai. If it's shipping in two weeks, I need to set aside some money to pay for the shipping cost once it gets to Tenso. Yikes. :shok:

8 hours ago, Bolt said:

And to be anime accurate 😉😆

If you read the Arcadia blog post carefully, you'll notice a comment about how one of the prototypes for the plush gunpod was able to collapse and expand, just like the "real" one. Having a removable strap would have been the perfect touch and would have made it easier to carry around at conventions, the office, you name it.

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just got shipping notice on my gunpod, time for the sticker shock on shipping soon when it hits Tenso. 🤑

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Dang, I have to check on my source. Hopefully, we were able to score one each.

Fingers crossed.

I am so excited for this item. It’s cheeky but I really want it.

How many have ordered this, stateside?

I received my shipping notice as well. Hoping Tenso gives us both EMS and DHL options. For me, surface is too risky for something this large and fragile. Also hoping they don't try to put the Arcadia box in a larger box and then charge me shipping on that one.