Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Arcadia should simply shock the world an announce a 1/3000 TV SDF-1 (standard & PF versions), the sales from that would keep them in business for a long time. 

Wishful thinking for now though. 

Yes please!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Whoa?? Does this suggest that perhaps Arcadia might NOT be able to produce/develop/release more Macross toys in the future??

😮 😮 😮

No, the full conversation is that the license between Arcadia and Big West is solely for Japan release only.  I bothered pressing them on it.

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hmm...and at the same time bandai is teasing a macross zero HMR vf-0 for worldwide distribution perhaps? 
Naaah.. probably a coincidence..

More likely that Bandai is a bigger company, and was able to get their license agreement re-written for international distribution in a shorter timeframe. Arcadia is much smaller, and Big West frankly isn't going to spend nearly as much effort dealing with them.

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

More likely that Bandai is a bigger company, and was able to get their license agreement re-written for international distribution in a shorter timeframe. Arcadia is much smaller, and Big West frankly isn't going to spend nearly as much effort dealing with them.

Sad. But, on the flip side, only when Macross zero valks/merch are actually available worldwide, will I believe it. 
Proof in the macross pudding..

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don’t recall seeing otherwise but the HMR is Japan only last I saw.

Its conflicting at the moment, as the live presentation mentioned all items including the HMR was for worldwide distribution.
Hence my reluctance to say that macross zero is indeed a worldwide distribution.

But to have Arcadia asking for licensing updates from BW, at the same time bandai is now on macross zero, well smells like BW might be thinking to re-price license costs.
Watching what happens. Could be purely co-incidental and just be a administrative delay. May never know, as well.

Edited by seti88

All licenses are probably being renewed, one at a time, since the resolution of the HG drama and the upcoming new media. All Bandai lines, including HMR, will become a blend of WWM releases and domestic only. DX VF-1, domestic only. DX YF-19 WWM, etc. Arcadia will probably go through the process, prices may change a bit, but the big change to their agreement will be that sales anywhere will incur the licensing fee where the language previously said sales were restricted to domestic distributors and any international efforts were ground for revoking the license. Since Bandai is the big money maker, Arcadia will have to wait until everything is settled with them.

• 1 month later...

With the news of VF5000, am hoping arcadia will revisit the designs for M7 VF19 and VF17. Not forgetting VF11 and YF21

Last but not least, pls do a minmay guard VF-1S strike for the 40th anniversary. Am sure this will be a hit

Edited by recon