Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I highly doubt it. $300+ 1/60 VF-1s won't do so hot in a market saturated with  $300+ DX 1/48's.

Wasn't there a episode on SDFM called Booby Trap? What happened in that one? What mecha were in it?

ep-1 of SDFM-TV.  

VF-1D was the only mecha in it.  

The Roy VF-1S and all other valks were in fighter-mode (1A, Angel Birds, Ghost).

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I feel like it's not quite so cryptic if you translate it, but I can't imagine he's actually hinting at what comes to mind.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

The SDF-1 fires its big cannon. Global says something about nazis leaving behind things that didn't seem dangerous, like a pen, that would then blow up when people touched them. The idea is that the SDF-1 would seem destroyed to its pursuers, then they would approach it and it would blow their faces off... like what happens in the episode. So the humans had built up the spaceship but hadn't managed to purge the instruction that told it to fire as soon as certain ships were within range. Holding a smoking pistol that just blew up some visitors is a tough introduction! 

Edit - the most obvious hint would be a TV SDF-1 in this case since that doesn't happen in DYRL.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

I think Mr. K is being cheeky about the lights on the tower.

I mean, I really don't want to read into it and get my hopes up. To start thinking that Arcadia is considering a TV SDF-1 is folly (but that would be fantastic if there is a glimmer of hope). The only other ideas that come to my mind are a reissue of the 1/60 Angel Birds VF-1A (not bad) or a reissue of the 1/60 VF-1D (meh).

To be hopeful, i say it's either the much-wanted 1/3k SDF-1 TV-edition,  or they gonna reissue the 0A and non-PF 0D coz those seemed to be toy "booby traps" ...  😝

Or maybe they'll reissue the 1D since that was the only valk in battroid-mode in the episode.

Edited by treatment

Yeah, I think right now is probably the worst possible time to try and sell a repop of the VF-1D at 1/60.  Unless they're hoping on catching the eye of people who missed the DX release?  But since that was a webshop order, there (theoretically) shouldn't be anyone who missed that release. :huh: 

Right at this particular moment?  I'd love to see a TV SDF-1, but I think my primary hopes would be for either a PF VT-1, or a PF YF-21 and VF-11B release to go with their PF YF-19.

Think about it.. Macross Plus getting a US theatrical release?  Just imagine if they could actually sell them here to capitalize on the sudden opening of the floodgates!

I was just checking the DX YF-21 thread earlier. Seeing that there's no movement on that figure from Bandai, vaporware at this point, Arcadia should take advantage and revisit Yamato's YF-21 and apply their magic touch to it.

I'm sure you guys will agree on it even though half of you guys are already appreciating Bandai's YF-21 Battroid prototype. :rolleyes:

What say you, Arcadia-san?

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I was just checking the DX YF-21 thread earlier. Seeing that there's no movement on that figure from Bandai, vaporware at this point, Arcadia should take advantage and revisit Yamato's YF-21 and apply their magic touch to it.

I'm sure you guys will agree on it even though half of you guys are already appreciating Bandai's YF-21 Battroid prototype. :rolleyes:

What say you, Arcadia-san?

Arcadia-san aka Mr K, is on twitter...🤩 Just sayin..😙

Edited by seti88

8 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ This would be sweet!! I would LOVE a 1/60 VF-1D - yes please!!

I would get one for sure, I have the DX VF-1D however I actually like the V.2 1/60's better. (And NO I didn't hit my head before typing that) 

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I would get one for sure, I have the DX VF-1D however I actually like the V.2 1/60's better. (And NO I didn't hit my head before typing that) 

^ I honestly feel the same. While the Bandai DX 1/48 Chogokins are awesome ... I really like the Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1's slightly more, they fit with the other valks scale-wise.

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Maybe the production of the YF-19 release is getting going?

I'd be totally down for a new version of the fold booster, even though I have three already.

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Maybe the production of the YF-19 release is getting going?

I'd be totally down for a new version of the fold booster, even though I have three already.

Yeah, there's nothing even secret about this, the PF YF-19 was supposed to be out weeks ago and got delayed.  Would be happy to see production picking up, but would be even happier to see them revisiting the entire Plus line, PF or not.

Edited by Chronocidal

12 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

There are aspects to the DX’s that are clearly superior but I’m in agreement about preferring the 1/60 scale.

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

Shin or CF version?

The Shin version with the white strip across the battroid chest plate.

13 hours ago, Ryoma said:

And let's not forget the ghost booster pack!

Good point!

Arcadia: I would like a Macross Zero VF-0A with ghost pack Premium Finish release please, with no broken hips. Thank you.

On 11/20/2021 at 2:44 PM, treatment said:

If Arcadia don't or can't make a 1/60 YF-21 v2, then they oughta just do a repaint of their 1/60 YF-19 in the Ravens color...

vf19a-yf19-gnudou.jpg

:hail:

I honestly don't know why they haven't done that one yet.  Weren't the Ravens popular in Japan too?  You see plenty of other toys that reference the color scheme, it seems like it crops up in other places often enough.

18 hours ago, Ikaros3 said:

So after Nora sv 51. Is it safe to say the next Zero valk will be the vf-0A? Crossing my fingers 🤞🏽

Do you mean like a Premium Finish VF-0A?  They made a regular VF-0A (shin version) back in 2015.  

Personally, I'm still holding out hope for a ghost booster bundle of the 0A or 0S (they do have those adapters, after all).  But I've been waiting for... a long time.

3 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Personally, I'm still holding out hope for a ghost booster bundle of the 0A or 0S (they do have those adapters, after all).  But I've been waiting for... a long time.

I've got Yamato Ghost's on mine. They don't fit perfect, but they fit enough......as long as you're not swooshing.:D

People have been speculating because the VF-0 is a "Roy" version that they can't release the HMR version here.  I wonder, because there's nothing tying the design to the original series, if they would get away with releasing the SV-51's and the other 0D's and 0A's because they don't have any of those markings or name associations?  Unless the Kite holds up the 0's.

Edited by Mommar