Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Let's hope that Nora does not have mismatched feet time. 

After two screw ups with Ivanoff (both the Yammie and with the Arcadia), you hope that the assembly workers will have learned from the Ivanoff fiasco and not get it mixed up this time. 

15 hours ago, borgified said:

Let's hope that Nora does not have mismatched feet time. 

After two screw ups with Ivanoff (both the Yammie and with the Arcadia), you hope that the assembly workers will have learned from the Ivanoff fiasco and not get it mixed up this time. 

I can imagine them with flow charts addressing this matter.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, technoblue said:

I hope this modern art sculpture doesn't inadvertently confuse any factory workers. 

The last thing Nora needs is a variable fighter with two left feet. :p

I can also imagine workers going home at night in tears after their reviews over the last run.

Poor guy/ girl curled up in the fetal position in their bed, quietly sobbing "Why can't I get those feet assembled correctly!!! I disgraced my whole team!!!'

8 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

Guys, one simple question.  Does the Premium finish versions of the VF-1 include a decal sheet or not??

From @jenius Anymoon review site:

The PF versions come with a toy that basically has all the markings provided with the regular releases as stickers already painted on the toy (so premium versions don’t have a sticker sheet). Other than the gun, there are no markings on the accessories like the pilot, missiles, or option parts. The Arcadia Max & Miria releases also included a small strip of stickers that could be used as screw covers (though screw cover stickers were already applied on the arms of the toy).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

So "premium finish" is just the company pre-decorating the model in paint rather than labels for the customer?

bleh.

Could be a combination of tampo printing and weathering, panel lining and other deco applications. Adding the decals alone would take hours to do nicely so that alone is worth the price for those who care about the details. Personally, I’m fine either way and prefer they just make one version and leave it at that. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, jvmacross said:

That was one of the best "extras" sold with any valk release.........I skipped the set but was able to buy the Fire Bomber figurines from a fellow MWer...:good:

I’d only be interested if they actually make the other Valks from the team. I’m more interested in the 11 and 17 variants anyway.

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

Maybe the return of the 1/60 VF series? A version 3??

I highly doubt it. $300+ 1/60 VF-1s won't do so hot in a market saturated with  $300+ DX 1/48's.

Wasn't there a episode on SDFM called Booby Trap? What happened in that one? What mecha were in it?

The SDF-1 fires its big cannon. Global says something about nazis leaving behind things that didn't seem dangerous, like a pen, that would then blow up when people touched them. The idea is that the SDF-1 would seem destroyed to its pursuers, then they would approach it and it would blow their faces off... like what happens in the episode. So the humans had built up the spaceship but hadn't managed to purge the instruction that told it to fire as soon as certain ships were within range. Holding a smoking pistol that just blew up some visitors is a tough introduction! 

Edit - the most obvious hint would be a TV SDF-1 in this case since that doesn't happen in DYRL.

Edited by jenius

I think Mr. K is being cheeky about the lights on the tower.

I mean, I really don't want to read into it and get my hopes up. To start thinking that Arcadia is considering a TV SDF-1 is folly (but that would be fantastic if there is a glimmer of hope). The only other ideas that come to my mind are a reissue of the 1/60 Angel Birds VF-1A (not bad) or a reissue of the 1/60 VF-1D (meh).