Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

19 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

That's kinda weird ...as those have never actually been out of stock there

4 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Strangely HLJ just posted on Insta that Arcadia will be re-re-releasing the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie and that it can be ordered now, but upon visiting HLJ there is no item page for the re-re-release.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO6pLH9hiAF/?igshid=hjefmf4vnr34

Maybe a mistake?

Again? Like the three that are coming up for reissue in July, the Armored VF-1J reissue has never really been out of stock. Interesting.

1 hour ago, Darth Mingus said:

Looks like they sold out of the re-issue,  This link worked 4 or 5 days ago when I first saw it:

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-kanzen-henkei-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyo-type-reissue-aca82153

I checked my HLJ order history and that link is for the re-issue that Arcadia released at the end of August 2020. It's been going in and out of stock ever since, like most Arcadia items on HLJ. I half expect it to come back in stock before the re-re-issue in July that was mentioned by @eggy99.

I do really like that SV-51 Ivanov on HLJ.  I'm hesitant because of the QC issues I've read on here about the previous iterations.  If I was going to get one of those enemy fighters it would be that one.  I love that dark color scheme.  How were the previous releases, issues aside, were they pretty solid?  It looks like it could be fragile.  

3 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I do really like that SV-51 Ivanov on HLJ.  I'm hesitant because of the QC issues I've read on here about the previous iterations.  If I was going to get one of those enemy fighters it would be that one.  I love that dark color scheme.  How were the previous releases, issues aside, were they pretty solid?  It looks like it could be fragile.  

You can check @jenius review on the SV-51.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=14588

42 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You can check @jenius review on the SV-51.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=14588

When I read the durability and build section of that review my heart sank.  The other aspects of the review seemed good to go.  It might be a better move to wait until this is released and see a review before pulling the trigger.  That way it'll be known if these older issues were addressed.  Spending $400+with shipping on a new toy and have those problems still be an issue (minus the ankle/foot issue) would make me feel regret over spending that much.

Edited by Special Sauce

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

Spending $400+with shipping on a new toy and have those problems still be an issue (minus the ankle/foot issue) would make me feel regret over spending that much.

That's called toy collecting.:p

5 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

:D All too familiar with it.  It says in the description that's it's a new mold so hopefully they addressed all the hinge issues.

It's not going to be a new mold compared to the previous Arcadia release. It's a new mold compared with the old Yamato release. I haven't read the Anymoon review on the Arcadia release recently but it is a solid toy even with the wrong ankles. Just an annoying ocd thing that they remedied.

23 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

It's not going to be a new mold compared to the previous Arcadia release. It's a new mold compared with the old Yamato release. I haven't read the Anymoon review on the Arcadia release recently but it is a solid toy even with the wrong ankles. Just an annoying ocd thing that they remedied.

Ahh I see.  The way it's worded it read like it's a new mold altogether.  In the review he commented on the various shoulder hinges being quite loose and not able to support holding the gun or the extra accessories that are attached to the wings.  There's not a locking mechanism that helps to keep them in place, at least in Gerwalk mode.  

20 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wing hinges seem to be a bit luck of the draw, mine were nice and stiff, but other people reported them sagging some.

KiKi Joint Fixer to the rescue. Worked wonders on my original Yamato SV-51, which had saggy wings. I display it in gerwalk with all of the accessories attached. Rock solid after applying KiKi.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

KiKi Joint Fixer to the rescue. Worked wonders on my original Yamato SV-51, which had saggy wings. I display it in gerwalk with all of the accessories attached. Rock solid after applying KiKi.

I do have a bottle of that so maybe I'll be fine if I get one

So what's the deal with it being easier to get Arcadia Macross toys as opposed to the Bandai DX line?  Is it just simply the higher price point of the Arcadia's making it less appealing to Scalpers or something else?

8 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

So what's the deal with it being easier to get Arcadia Macross toys as opposed to the Bandai DX line?  Is it just simply the higher price point of the Arcadia's making it less appealing to Scalpers or something else?

Higher price point, Arcadia releases aren't scalper-bait like Bandai are, and let's face is the Bandai are just nicer figures for a lower price typically (VF-1 vs VF-1 MSRP).

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Higher price point, Arcadia releases aren't scalper-bait like Bandai are, and let's face is the Bandai are just nicer figures for a lower price typically (VF-1 vs VF-1 MSRP).

Figured as much.  I only have one Arcadia but I might get a couple more down the road if I decide there's something I have to have.

45 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

The main thing is Arcadia is a small shop that focuses on Macross items. So almost everything they do is basically made to order and as long as long as people are still ordering them, they can just make more. Once they are sold out after release, the prices generally go up just like any other Macross products.

Not really a price-point issue. 

Unlike Bandai, Arcadia just does not seem to have a general policy of extremely limited stock allocations for stores/shops (retail, online, or otherwise).

It's not even just a Macross-thing.   It's across almost all Bandai's toys/collectibles lines..

It's really just Bandai being Bandai.

Edited by treatment

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The main thing is Arcadia is a small shop that focuses on Macross items. So almost everything they do is basically made to order and as long as long as people are still ordering them, they can just make more. Once they are sold out after release, the prices generally go up just like any other Macross products.

I like how they operate.  People still ordering, make more.  I wish Bandai was like that too. :(

I do really like my only Valk from them.  It does seem like the workmanship on them is very good.  I keep leaning closer and closer to just pre-ordering the Ivanov SV-51

Edited by Special Sauce

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Not really a price-point issue. 

Unlike Bandai, Arcadia just does not seem to have a general policy of extremely limited stock allocations for stores/shops (retail, online, or otherwise).

It's not even just a Macross-thing.   It's across almost all Bandai's toys/collectibles lines..

It's really just Bandai being Bandai.

That's certainly what it seems like.

I like how they operate.  People still ordering, make more.  I wish Bandai was like that too. :(

I do really like my only Valk from them.  It does seem like the workmanship on them is very good.  I keep leaning closer and closer to just pre-ordering the Ivanov SV-51

Yeah, I still think there is a level of quality in Arcadia Valks that you don't see in Bandai figures. Of course, I like them both.

As far as Bandai just being "dumb" and not making more...It's not that completely. They are one of the world's largest toy companies and they make millions of toys from who knows how many brands and franchises. They might be huge compared to Arcadia but they still have limited resources AND, as a multinational corporation that focuses on profit first, they have to consider that they have a lot of other more profitable products to make over the extremely niche Macross items. Basically, make enough to guarantee a sellout and no more because that's leaving money on the table (not to make more Macross for the relatively few of us that want them to but to make other, much more profitable items).

Edited by Slave IV

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I still think there is a level of quality in Arcadia Valks that you don't see in Bandai figures. Of course, I like them both.

As far as Bandai just being "dumb" and not making more...It's not that completely. They are one of the world's largest toy companies and they make millions of toys from who knows how many brands and franchises. They might be huge compared to Arcadia but they still have limited resources AND, as a multinational corporation that focuses on profit first, they have to consider that they have a lot of other more profitable products to make over the extremely niche Macross items. Basically, make enough to guarantee a sellout and no more because that's leaving money on the table (not to make more Macross for the relatively few of us that want them to but to make other, much more profitable items).

Yes but Macross collectors are cool.  So we deserve special treatment from Bandai :D

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

This is true because they paint the landing gear white. And that's a Class A act for YamArcadia. What say you, Bandai-san? :lol:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

This is true because they paint the landing gear white. And that's a Class A act for YamArcadia. What say you, Bandai-san? :lol:

Haha, while I get the appeal of that and appreciate it but it ranks low on my care factor. Mainly because I rarely use the landing gears on any Valks. Probably the most boring way to display a Valk imo but yeah, I do have one Arcadia displayed that way atm. 

I am confused by what's happening on HLJ with the three reissues.  A week ago all three were listed as reissues coming in July. Now only the VF-1J is listed that way. The VF-4A is showing in stock (the original release is still in stock) and the SV-51 is showing as discontinued instead of order stop. Did anyone order the VF-4A or SV-51 reissues from HLJ and already receive a "ready to ship" notice? Very strange.... :unsure:

• 3 months later...