Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

There was a teased pic of a VT-1 hidden among a platoon of the PE VF-0d @arbit somewhere buried in this thread. Unknown if it's going to be PF version upon release like the VE-1 and at the same price point.

All we know for certain is that a non-PF Nora 51 is to be released in Q3/Q4 with a price at around 40k yen (if the pre-orders do go up).

On 4/25/2021 at 7:44 AM, arbit said:

I need an Ostriche, with no broken shoulders, and not for 500 bucks!

Everyone does, but their Premium Finish should only be with all the TAMPO MARKS ONLY. And NOT, I repeat, NOT the panel lining or weathering just so i will be consistent with the their other DYRL? PF releases.

1 hour ago, Bub said:

Everyone does, but their Premium Finish should only be with all the TAMPO MARKS ONLY. And NOT, I repeat, NOT the panel lining or weathering just so i will be consistent with the their other DYRL? PF releases.

THIS.  Do not want their panel lining.

There's only two levels of PF I'm interested in for valks:

• VE-1 style, all the tampo, none of the stickers
  • VF-0D style, whole-hog with paint, lining, weathering, and a top-coat. Doesn't make sense on most valks though, VF-0D made sense due to it being atmospheric/naval fighter that was shown with weathering effects in Zero.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:51 AM, borgified said:

Are you highly looking towards another funky inspired Arcadia1J for the 40th Anniversary of Macross @no3Ljm as per the 30th and 35th ones? :lol: 

Nope. Not a big fan of their Anniversary schemes. Hahaha! :lol: Arcadia needs to check the Master File books for schemes. ;) 

On 4/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, ErikElvis said:

Angelbirds 19. Hmmmmm..... I’d like to see it. 

I remember seeing a 19 Angel Bird scheme in its Master File book.

After the new non-PF Nora 51, I'm in for an Angel Bird 1a (either a regular version or the M&M Wedding one). I just find that the VT-1 one doesn't really catch my interest anymore nor a 1d (if Arcadia does make on down the road). 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It would be nice if Arcadia can get a hold of the rights to do the Valkyries featured in Macross The Ride.

Macross_The_Ride.jpg

Sure, if each Valkyrie came with its piloto:p

42 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope arcadia does anything new. 

and not cost $500

@davidwhangchoiSad to say things will keep getting more expensive with Arcadia, minus the old VF-1 molds the new ones must be costing a fortune for them, that and having to compete with Bandai. 

Honestly, I'd just like to see some Cannon Fodder 1A's & Fast Packs reissued for the time being. B))

@PhangryArcadia can do the VF-11B/C again yet only if it's an all new mold/redesign with improved poseability and heaven forbid some fixed pose hands and a shield that doesn't easily pop off. 

19 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

@davidwhangchoiSad to say things will keep getting more expensive with Arcadia, minus the old VF-1 molds the new ones must be costing a fortune for them, that and having to compete with Bandai. 

:aggressive::unsure:

7 hours ago, borgified said:

How about a Extra Ultra PF SDF-1 to go with the stuff that you have @davidwhangchoi:lol: 

^_^

On 4/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, no3Ljm said:

It would be nice if Arcadia can get a hold of the rights to do the Valkyries featured in Macross The Ride.

Macross_The_Ride.jpg

Of all the color-schemes to place on a 22. :bad:

Red and blue schemes just don't mix.  Pick one or the other.

As I said in an earlier post, it’s rare to find a red with blue trim scheme that works well.  The bike looks good, since the blue trim is being used to accent just a few key spots.  But you know red is the main color.

If the mix proportions are off or if you add too much of another color, things can get really ugly really fast. . . as in the case of our VF-22 and its Jetfire nose cone mated to Thundercracker’s wings.

It’s interesting to note that the 1/48 1J Max has a small red accent on its legs.  But the 1/48 Milia opted for grey (instead of blue) for that same accent spot.

44 minutes ago, Mog said:

As I said in an earlier post, it’s rare to find a red with blue trim scheme that works well.  The bike looks good, since the blue trim is being used to accent just a few key spots.  But you know red is the main color.

If the mix proportions are off or if you add too much of another color, things can get really ugly really fast. . . 

Agreed.:good:

3 hours ago, Mog said:

It’s interesting to note that the 1/48 1J Max has a small red accent on its legs.  But the 1/48 Milia opted for grey (instead of blue) for that same accent spot.

That accent is based on real-life warning markings to indicate where critical components of the engines are, and where you should avoid standing during operation.  Fighters tend to have those near where the turbine wheels are before the afterburner ducts start, and you also see them on airliners.

The VF-1's science fiction engines are spread throughout the legs, so who knows exactly where specific components are, but the lines look like they mark off the location of the second-stage compressor you can see in some cut-away drawings.

The gray stripe on Millia's is just an alternate color so it stands out on her red paint, not a callback to Max's blue.

I'll be curious to see how Bandai treats all these markings when they get around to the M&M 1Js, because all of this is just your average run-of-the-mill real life aircraft trivia that Bandai loves to ignore completely. <_< 

Anyhow though.. would love any of those MTR designs to get produced, but I'm not holding my breath.

What’s interesting is Max’s 1A doesn’t have that stripe at all on his legs.

In regards to Milia’s 1J, I suspect the Yamato folks played it safe and smart and didn’t get too crazy with the accent colors.  They went with gray for the leg stripe and white for the leg circles, the backpack circle, and the forearm triangle.

Again, it’s a tricky balance when red is the main color.

The strip isn't consistent across all of the schemes, but the DYRL ones do have a black stripe in that same spot, but only on the underside of the leg.  Max and Kakizaki 1As both leave that marking off, as well as the CF.  

Far as the color goes though, the gray is consistent across the Milia's scheme for all the warning markings that would otherwise be red.  Intake warnings, ejection triangles, etc, are all printed in gray so they show up, where they'd be red on any other scheme.  I can't find any real life example of this at the moment, but I feel like I've seen that done on red aircraft before, possibly some of the fancy schemes you see on the JASDF aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Happened to check out HLJ tonight and saw that the SV-51, VF-4A, and VF-1J 35th Anniversary valks are getting July reissues:

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-sv-51-gamma-d-d-ivanov-boarding-machine-final-battle-specification-reissue-aca82147-2

I wonder if we need to have a concern about the leg issue on this reissue, the valk looks great I really want one  since also I don't have any valk from this Macross saga, but still paying that amount and be concerned to see if I receive a proper valk with the correct legs ? , hmmm really not sure , I mean really don't care if there are some loose joints but for a total error in such a big part, will see will see :unsure:

53 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Happened to check out HLJ tonight and saw that the SV-51, VF-4A, and VF-1J 35th Anniversary valks are getting July reissues:

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-vf-4a-lightning-iii-hikaru-ichijo-boarding-machine-reissue-aca82154-2

why wait till july when the vf-4 is in stock:unsure:: hlj needs to sell out of their vf-4a

https://www.hlj.com/search/?q=vf-4a

i hope they do a restock of the premium 4a though

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

I wonder if we need to have a concern about the leg issue on this reissue, the valk looks great I really want one  since also I don't have any valk from this Macross saga, but still paying that amount and be concerned to see if I receive a proper valk with the correct legs ? , hmmm really not sure , I mean really don't care if there are some loose joints but for a total error in such a big part, will see will see :unsure:

I can’t imagine they reissue it with the same problem. From the way it sounded, all later shipments of it were fixed. 

2 hours ago, Alex GS said:

I bought the SV-51 from HLJ in Jan 2021 and in their item description it explicitly said this version had the ankle issue resolved. Got the item and it was fine. I would expect this reissue to have the fix as well.

Edited by ValkAddict

7 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

I bought the SV-51 from HLJ in Jan 2021 and in their item description it explicitly said this version had the ankle issue resolved. Got the item and it was fine. I would expect this reissue to have the fix as well.

Thanks @ValkAddict for the info, I didn't know in HLJ put the leg issue fix confirmation in the description, seriously so tempted to get this one now, next couple of months is pack for pending PO's that will be released that I need to fulfill, man why Arcadia won't do a Reissue on the normal version of VF 0S or OD ?, I would get those POs right away :D