Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

is this like a "hey we found this in our warehouse, so lets sell it" thing? 

i'm starting to lose hope on getting a reissue of the VT-1 super ostrich.  FWIW i would also buy angel birds, or another low viz roy or new low viz/stealth scheme too.  Its hard to believe we've been collecting this SAME exact toy (well aside from "V2.1 and V2.2" or whatever jenius calls them upgrades) for ~13 years now (released in 2008 if memory serves) and a lot of us are still looking for a particular deco.  lol. 

I think with this sale, they're just off-loading what they have in stock or probably stocks that wasn't sold on regular retail stores and got returned to their warehouse or some sorts.

And as much as I like what Arcadia produces when it comes to Macross, them as a small company compared to Bandai, I think they're just stuck with what they have.

Wish they wouldn't post the whole article as an image, so the text could be auto-translated. :p 

I think the only three PF items I'd be interested in either don't exist, or haven't been released.  Obviously the PF YF-19 is coming this fall, but all I've wanted for a long time is to see a PF Hikaru Super VF-1J, and a PF VT-1.

Edited by Chronocidal

Translated as best as I could on my Google phone app...

ARCADIA Macross Item-Kuradashi Sales Held: 2021/03/05 19:00 ~ 03/12 23:59 

1. 1/60 VF-0 Compatible Reactive Armor KIT 
  2. 1/60 VF-1J Macross 35th Anniversary Painting  Aircraft 
  3. 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie Milia F. Genus
  4. 1/60  VF-1J Super Valkyrie Maximilian Genus 
  5. 1/60 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie Ichijo Hikaru TYPE 
  6. 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Milia) Premium Finish 
  7. 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max) Premium Finish 
  8. 1/3000 SDF-1 MACROSS 
  9. 1/3000 SDF-1 MACROSS Premium Finish 
  10. 1/60 VF-0S Phoenix Premium Finish 
  11. 1/ 60 VF-0D Premium Finish 
  12. 1/60 VF-4A Lightning III Hikaru Ichijo Boarding Machine 
  13. 1/60 VF-4A Lightning II Premium Finish
  14. 1/60 VF-0A Phoenix Kudo Shin Boarding Machine 
  15. Non-scale SDF-1 Macross Movie Version (Limited Release) 
  16. 1/60 VF-0S Phoenix 
  17. 1/60 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Ichijo Teru Boarding Machine) Premium Finish 
  18. 1/60 SF-3A Lancer I 
  19. 1/60 VF-1S Strike Roy Focker SP Premium Finish
  20. Non-scale Battle 7 kit 
  21. Lin Minmei Angel's Paint-When I met it, it was ver. 
  22. 1/60 VE-1 Elint Seeker Premium Finish 
  23. Non-Scale Meltlandi Army 
  24. Non-Scale SDF-1 Macross Movie Version 

* The quantity is very small depending on the item.  Please note that it will be sold out.

Edited by Grey728
Edited for clarity

35 minutes ago, seti88 said:

What are the odds of the 0A will now be as robust as the 0S?

if only i had some change to go around...

it looks like out of stock on arcadia's page....

Close to zero percent. There's only been one production run so unless Arcadia handled these for some reason, they're the same crapshoot as all the other ones that have been sold.

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

What are the odds of the 0A will now be as robust as the 0S?

if only i had some change to go around...

it looks like out of stock on arcadia's page....

That’s what I was thinking because I’d definitely try to get one if it was guaranteed to be fixed...

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Close to zero percent. There's only been one production run so unless Arcadia handled these for some reason, they're the same crapshoot as all the other ones that have been sold.

...but this is most likely the case considering there was some 0A stock HLJ had fairly recently that was the same crapshoot as before. 

Spoiler

【Notice】 Regarding the "Kuradashi sale" to be held tomorrow, "Reactive Armor KIT" is on sale at half price, and "VF-0S Phoenix" and "VF-0S Phoenix Premium Finish" come with "Reactive Armor KIT" as a privilege! Thank you for taking this opportunity!

Looks like they're going to be putting the VF-0 armor kit on sale, or giving it out as freebies with any VF-0S purchase.

46 minutes ago, jzwolen said:

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one living in the US order from this Arcadia sale?  Do they ship direct? 

You have to either use a proxy, or get a Japanese forwarding address.

Ive had something from them shipped through a Tenso address before without issue.

8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You have to either use a proxy, or get a Japanese forwarding address.

Ive had something from them shipped through a Tenso address before without issue.

Just for my VF-4 PF that way. I won’t be up at 3AM fire this though.

Base on their previous sale they do not have much of each, so some items get sold out super fast.

Most proxy stores close at 1800 JST, or work with very limited staffing after (working from home? maybe?

So if you use a proxy , it will all depend if they were able to purchase your item for you before it gets sold out.

If you really need something , it might be best setup a Tenso account.   Then put that Japanese address in your Arcadia account .

Then you can place your own order just like any other store or site,. .......................at 1900 JST^_^

Edited by F360

8 hours ago, F360 said:

Base on their previous sale they do not have much of each, so some items get sold out super fast.

Most proxy stores close at 1800 JST, or work with very limited staffing after (working from home? maybe?

So if you use a proxy , it will all depend if they were able to purchase your item for you before it gets sold out.

If you really need something , it might be best setup a Tenso account.   Then put that Japanese address in your Arcadia account .

Then you can place your own order just like any other store or site,. .......................at 1900 JST^_^

The site went live at exactly 1900 JST:

https://arcadia.ac/user_data/special2021

They indeed sold out of some stuff FAST. By the time I finished the purchase of an SF-3A Lancer II, the regular versions of the VF-0A and VF-0S were gone. In the time that it took me to write this post, the Lancer sold out, too.

Going back to bed now....

Edited by Anasazi37

Jeez even the expensive stuff sold out quickly. They must not have had much stock of anything. Why bother with a week long sale?

Was thinking about a PF SDF-1 if they held on for a minute. The flip side is I didn't spend any money yay!

Edited by Corrinald

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Anyone manage to snag anything?

I managed to snag an SF-3A Lancer II during the opening minute of the event. Theoretically. The transaction went through and I have an email notification saying the same thing, but I won't believe it until it ships to my Tenso address. Their ordering system was a bit weird. Even though I had a credit card on file, I had to re-enter all of the information. And there was a dropdown menu asking for the specific date when I wanted the item delivered, which I ignored in the interest of time, and ignoring it didn't stop my order from going through. I'd never seen a menu like that before and I didn't want to stop and look at a calendar. Maybe that decision will cause them to cancel my order. I hope not.

Yeah, things went fast.  I was able to get a VF-0D Premium Finish, which was my priority.  Was hoping to go back to get a standard VF-0S too if there were any left after I secured the 0D, but they were already gone.  Probably should have secured the VF-0S first since the 0D was available for a while afterwards...

3 hours ago, Yugure0 said:

Yeah, things went fast.  I was able to get a VF-0D Premium Finish, which was my priority.  Was hoping to go back to get a standard VF-0S too if there were any left after I secured the 0D, but they were already gone.  Probably should have secured the VF-0S first since the 0D was available for a while afterwards...

I'm somewhat nervously waiting to see what Arcadia does with my order for the Lancer. It's my first time ordering directly from them. Did they charge you any additional fees, like for shipping? My order confirmation looks like this (auto-translated):

image.thumb.png.61ab154f3d1f40f0f4f05e2cada8c177.png

I'm shipping to my Tenso address, which should work, but they only charged me for the Lancer. They do have a FAQ section on their site, but it doesn't talk about shipping fees, just the method:

Q: I would like to change the delivery date of the product.

A: When the purchase procedure is completed, an automatic order confirmation email will be sent to you.
There is information about specifying the delivery date in that email, so please specify according to your wishes.
We cannot accept specifications that are more than one week ahead of the shipping date you contacted.
Also, please note that we may not be able to meet your request depending on the delivery company.
[Caution] Products on sale will be shipped at 9 am on weekdays except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
(We will inform you on the website separately during the year-end and New Year holidays, summer, GW and other long vacations).
Therefore, please note that even if you have been notified of a change in the delivery date, the product may be
shipped due to a miscommunication.

Q: Please tell me the delivery company

A: It will be a post office (Yu-Pack).

I guess we'll see what happens next week. :unknw:

Mine looks the same.  My credit card shows a charge just for the VF-0D so far.  Nothing for shipping.  

I looked back in my order history with them from back in 2017 (the premium finish SDF-1 Macross), but it also only shows the payment for the item.  I can't remember if there was free shipping or not.  Maybe someone with a more recent order might have some insight.

I'm in Japan, so I'm not sure exactly if it'll be the same (but Tenso is a Japanese address right?)

51 minutes ago, Yugure0 said:

Mine looks the same.  My credit card shows a charge just for the VF-0D so far.  Nothing for shipping.  

I looked back in my order history with them from back in 2017 (the premium finish SDF-1 Macross), but it also only shows the payment for the item.  I can't remember if there was free shipping or not.  Maybe someone with a more recent order might have some insight.

I'm in Japan, so I'm not sure exactly if it'll be the same (but Tenso is a Japanese address right?)

Thank you for checking! Yes, my Tenso address is in Tokyo and Arcadia only ships to Japanese addresses, so this might actually work out. :good: