Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

This is an untouched photo. I don't think there is any doubt that it is not a pure white. The only argument might be whether it is more pink or purple. While under normal viewing conditions it isn't this bad it becomes much more pronounced in the recessed shadows under bright lights.

IMG_0718.JPG

Interesting. Is it just the 1J that has it this bad? I went back and looked through some old Arcadia pics and nothing I have is that pronounced, and they definitely don't exhibit any of that pinkish hue in person.

Here's my Arcadia 1S. I turned down the exposure because the white was ridiculously blinding. Some purplish hue is visible in the recessed areas. It's reminiscent of the purplish hue that I remember from Bandai's Frontier model kits. But it's nothing like the 1J above. Pic was taken with my DSLR under some super bright LED lights.

50350120711_71282cea8d_o.jpg

I have not noticed this issue with any other Arcadia valk I own. My PF VF-0S is a nice white. At most, like you mentioned, my VF-1S Roy and VF-1S Hikaru have an ever so slight purple but you really have to strain to see it. It confounds me why they couldn't have used any of those versions of white plastic and insisted on going back to this one. 

Ok, so after doing some side-by-side comparisons, it does appear the 1J has a small amount of red in the white.

These images are not retouched, under 400Watt equivalent of Daylight LEDs, no other lighting. "Camera" is a Samsung Galaxy S9 on default settings,

DX VF-1J, Hi-Metal VF-1S, Arcadia VF-1J, and the Three Zero Ingram (since it's the whitest thing on my shelves)

Bookshelves are Ikea Billy, which are pretty neutral white. Also some printer paper from Costco.

The color difference is much more noticeable when compared to the grayish Bandai offerings or the Ingram than when the Arcadia is by itself.

Spoiler

20200916_171258.jpg.0a819b677c43dc2045d68206665382ae.jpg

20200916_171138.jpg.ce816bdec255289852ce6bdbbe9d787e.jpg

20200916_171038.jpg.fe609b2a06f72a5b10f965a9bc0a22de.jpg

20200916_171153.jpg.123b0c7cb17d13f465f13d5d46d46c27.jpg

It shouldn't matter too much, unless you want to display it naked next to another white Valk.

Mine's currently sitting in front of my SDF-1 with Armor on, so all is good.

As an aside, posing this made me really appreciate how much better the DX poses. The heavy GBP was probably not going any favors though.

20200916_175457.jpg.8547a561601613719cc8ecd4f2358b7c.jpg

Holy cow the 1J looks so pink in you guys' pics. Made me go pull the GBP off mine to compare.

Here's three "generations" of the 1J. From left to right: first release Yamato 1J with rainbow canopy, 30th anniversary Yamato reissue, and first Arcadia GBP release with grey visor. Can't get anywhere near that level of pink.

You can tell the white has faded a lot on the 12 year old Yamato on the left. Used my Pixel 3 camera because phone cameras tend to exaggerate color differences more, IMO.

On the Arcadia I have to put it under a bright light and look real hard to make out any kind of pink/purple hue. On a side note, it does have UN SPACY tampo printed on the legs. What a strange thing to suddenly start omitting on the latest reissue.

1738464943_VF-1Jwhitecomparison.jpg.17024b7a5e424e4cc2035be15ce65754.jpg

13 hours ago, Bub said:

I think, the best comparison would be comparing the Arcadia grey goggles VF-1J with the Arcadia white goggles VF-1J. Anyone has them both?

Here's a trick for those don't have the OG Arcadia VF-1 with GBP....

Take a snapshot of the Arcadia v.1 GBP unit on Rocket Punch Army's review and fuse it with the Arcadia v.2 GBP to make the comparisons. 

C'est nes pas difficle mes ami(es). 

• 2 weeks later...

Late to this party, but I have noticed before that my old Yammie had some pinkish hue sometimes.

I took it as just some sort of bounce/reflection of the red-stripes since it is not noticeable most of the time to the naked eye.

It was rather prominent on dslr output depending on your whitebalance settings/values.

Bandai has gotten a foothold on the M+ doorstep already @New_Valk as your an occasional poster here on the forums.

And if when Arcadia makes a YF-21 years after Bandai does their version, are you willing to fork out close to possibly 30k yen for a non-PF version and then 50k yen for the PF version one year down the road? 

5 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

VT-1 Super Ostrich

It's been teased already however it's on a back burner since the worldwide pandemic has hit us and @sqidd has mentioned that stuff is on hold for now on a another thread. 

Plus @Grey728 it might help if you look way back in this thread to keep you updated.   

Thanks. I probably did miss a tease somewhere in this thread but I still stand by it as credible on the release list. There was also a tease about a red enemy plane from Macross Zero. I forget the designation. SV something? Not to sound rich or anything but I’d bet a WHOLE dollar next release will be one of the two.

Nora SV-51 is probably on the list, given that they've already released an Ivanov SV-51.

It's an odd one though, since the Ivanov had the leg issue that marred release, and cost like $450 each.

So I imagine it's very hard for them to judge possible sales numbers on a variant, where the main release had a widespread flaw.

21 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Extremely unlikely they will produce a new YF-21 at the same time Bandai is making a DX version.

As extremely unlikely as both Arcadia and Bandai releasing a YF/VF-19 at nearly the same time? I've never understood the logic in this but you are probably right...

21 hours ago, borgified said:

Bandai has gotten a foothold on the M+ doorstep already @New_Valk as your an occasional poster here on the forums.

And if when Arcadia makes a YF-21 years after Bandai does their version, are you willing to fork out close to possibly 30k yen for a non-PF version and then 50k yen for the PF version one year down the road? 

You ask me if I would pay a small fortune for a toy (which I already own) that I find satisfactorily beautiful? I've already been there. I can't find a way to regret my new PF VF.0D, but yeah, I know what you mean... :p

27 minutes ago, New_Valk said:

As extremely unlikely as both Arcadia and Bandai releasing a YF/VF-19 at nearly the same time? I've never understood the logic in this but you are probably right...

I think that was the instance that ensured it would never happen again. BW probably had two unhappy licensees after that... And one basically keeps the lights on at BW.

Yep, that's surely the case. I suppose I would have liked Mr. K to rush in with his desire to review this design and that of the VF-11, just as he did with the SV-51. All of them were mentioned in that interview.

9 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Pretty sure they showed a displayed prototype of Nora over the past year if memory serves correct. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Bandai has taught me that just because something's shown, doesn't mean it will be produced.

28 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

With COVID anything goes, and expect cancellations/delays.

Very true my friend. I don't complain about it because I'm fortunate to be able to still collect these, ya know? But, looking forward to more announcements from Arcadia and Bandai when they come.

Nora would be awesome, but honestly, I'd even love it if they started going back to some of their VF-1 Premium releases and amped them up with the weathering and paneling. They could do that without the need for new molds if they wanted.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Very true my friend. I don't complain about it because I'm fortunate to be able to still collect these, ya know? But, looking forward to more announcements from Arcadia and Bandai when they come.

Nora would be awesome, but honestly, I'd even love it if they started going back to some of their VF-1 Premium releases and amped them up with the weathering and paneling. They could do that without the need for new molds if they wanted.

The biggest issue is reliable subcontractors and in a lot of cases materials and supplies right now.