Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

5 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Besides a proper DYRL version of the GBP....I would dip again for a weathered version.....either TV or DYRL type

y052s.jpg

Hmm.. I might have to do that with my Yammie v.2 version, however I could go with either DRYL/TV type if it gets made. 

21 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm probably in the minority, but 19Kai is my least favorite valk in existence. I didn't like lips on Bayformers, I didn't like them on TMNT, and I don't like them on Valkyries.

I'll probably get a 19P if they re-do that one though.

+1 

7 hours ago, obakesan said:

bit info from arcadia twitter, seems will include the rising chair gimmick. 

That was the one thing that seemed absent from their last GBP release, especially since that is how Hikaru enters the valk with GBP in the TV show.

I always just stole the seat from one of my other valks, but I'm glad they decided to include it on this one.  I think they should leave the seat unpainted for this release, though, if they want to be closer to how it looked in the anime.

GBPSeat.PNG

How about they actually make the freakin GBP armor GREY like in the anime FOR ONCE???!!! Grey Goggle--check --- grey armor NO RELEASE EVER! :angry:

EDIT -- I really wish I had the extra cash lying around to pick up this release, I would take the parts apart, mask them and repaint them grey. oh well...

Edited by derex3592

I think the old Takani illustration is the baseline for what the colors should be....

t02200327_0539080013187555767.jpg?caw=80

I agree, the blue is too dark on the Yamato/Arcadia/HMR releases.....the closest has been on the old Takatoku set.

As for the cockpit seat...I have always thought green was for the TV versions of the VF-1 and tan was for the DYRL VF-1's :unknw:

Edited by jvmacross

18 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

They added leg screw hole fillers too. Wonder if that includes the arm ones. They were a nice touch on the M&M releases. If the armor is installed they will be kind of pointless though.

Still wishing for a PF set

Ok, the leg covers I'll give you, but the arm "screw covers" were stickers, and they didn't even match the plastic that I could see (probably a lighting effect).

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually hate screw covers in general, because I enjoy being able to take things apart and put them back together, especially when things break and need fixing.  The only thing screw covers do is ensure that I wind up damaging things while trying to get them apart.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, the leg covers I'll give you, but the arm "screw covers" were stickers, and they didn't even match the plastic that I could see (probably a lighting effect).

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually hate screw covers in general, because I enjoy being able to take things apart and put them back together, especially when things break and need fixing.  The only thing screw covers do is ensure that I wind up damaging things while trying to get them apart.

Screw covers are fine.  Glued on screw covers are a pain in the ass.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Screw covers are fine.  Glued on screw covers are a pain in the ass.

This is very true.  Arcadia has kind of flip-flopped on whether or not they glue them in.  Some, like the plugs for the wing screws on the VF-0D just popped right out, but I almost had to drill out the plugs on my YF-19 to get the wing gloves apart for my wing mechanism mod.

In comparison, Bandai just has a glue fetish. :p 

@derex3592I gave up after a minute and had to look them up online....heck I couldn't even remember the Jenius girl's name, well other than her last name......for some reason I did remember "Immelman"...but I think that is only because I want Bandai to release a VF-22 "Immelman" version...after the YF-21, of course! ;)

For some reason, I can remember quite a few if not most of the Macross F characters...

Maybe I'll give Macross Delta a rewatch....I bought a bootleg BD set with subs off eBay some time ago.....now would be a good opportunity I suppose

37 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

@derex3592I gave up after a minute and had to look them up online....heck I couldn't even remember the Jenius girl's name, well other than her last name......for some reason I did remember "Immelman"...but I think that is only because I want Bandai to release a VF-22 "Immelman" version...after the YF-21, of course! ;)

For some reason, I can remember quite a few if not most of the Macross F characters...

Maybe I'll give Macross Delta a rewatch....I bought a bootleg BD set with subs off eBay some time ago.....now would be a good opportunity I suppose

You mean Mylene is your missing person.

Immelman is Hayate's last name and known for the famous dance on the CF 171EX and his 31J.  

On 4/14/2020 at 8:04 AM, HardlyNever said:

That was the one thing that seemed absent from their last GBP release, especially since that is how Hikaru enters the valk with GBP in the TV show.

I always just stole the seat from one of my other valks, but I'm glad they decided to include it on this one.  I think they should leave the seat unpainted for this release, though, if they want to be closer to how it looked in the anime.

GBPSeat.PNG

I had no idea that a separate plate was added to that particular entry/exit point once the GBP was dressed onto the VF-1.

Thanks you go that.

57 minutes ago, borgified said:

You mean Mylene is your missing person.

Immelman is Hayate's last name and known for the famous dance on the CF 171EX and his 31J.  

Ha!  I definitely know Mylene....and like I said, to me Immelman will be the "type" of VF-22 that hopefully Bandai will release once they start milking the -21/22 mold! :clapping:

48 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Ha!  I definitely know Mylene....and like I said, to me Immelman will be the "type" of VF-22 that hopefully Bandai will release once they start milking the -21/22 mold! :clapping:

Does Bandai even still have license to anything from Macross 7? Last things they made were the Hi-Metal VF-19 figures.

Who knows but at this point I think it is safe to assume they have some license to it...who knows which scale though.....if we see a DX VF-19 Kai announcement...then we'll know...

The biggest hint so far is found in this pic....

mae.jpg

So far we have 3 out of the 5 pictured....:unknw:  So could be a "hiding in plain sight" situation in terms of what to expect...

I would be more interested in knowing how long Arcadia has the VF-1 "1/60" scale tied up for....I can't see those Bandai DX's at 1/48 going much past Skull and Vermillion squadrons.....I would want it to go out with a first-ever VF-1D at minimum....and the addition of a VE-1 and VT-1 if dreams do come true...lol

7bb0dc97dfdc6cccd3876ff994e4d05e.jpg