Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Going for Nora for sure. Just don't screw up the legs again Arcadia (unhappy campers if they screw up the feet the second time around). 

They won't screw the legs up this time.

It will be something else.:D

10 hours ago, Corrinald said:

Yeah the colors look good.

Arcadia seems to be going strong. They have a lot of toys presented, which is a good thing.

Looks like maybe the VF-4 is next to the SV-51s?

Surprised they are doing well? With all those poor gullible Macross fans buying into Arcadia's Premium Finish nonsense...

Edited by lechuck

59 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Surprised they are doing well? With all those poor gullible Macross fans buying into Arcadia's Premium Finish nonsense...

Yes, insult the fanbase. That'll make you feel better.

Hey, aren't you the guy who was whining about spoilers for Delta many months after the show finished airing? Expecting the entire internet to tiptoe around spoilers for a long-finished show just for your sake is what I would call "gullible."

5 hours ago, lechuck said:

Surprised? No. I am happy to see them doing well. Their 1/60 Macross (and the Yamatos before them) figures are my favorite toys to collect. The Premium Finish versions especially. They are a little pricey, no doubt, but they are the high end collectible I want in my display cases. The price point means they aren't sold out the second they get released, which I appreciate.

I am a little bummed that there's no mention of the VT-1. Maybe it will be released without warning like the VE-1 was. The Nora is a sharp paint scheme and the Premium VF-4A looks fantastic.

Edited by Corrinald

Hmmmmmmmm. I wish I was more excited. I have two Yamato Nora's already. Can't get excited about or justify Arcadia ones.

And I'm just not that in to the VF-4.....maybe. I could be in for a single copy of a PF.

First world collecting problems............I know.:rolleyes:

Come on DX Roy and YF-21!!!!

Yeah, VF-4 is also instabought. One of the cleanest fighter modes in any Valk toy ever made and that deco is beautiful. I’m guess I’m just another gullible bastard that thinks it’s worth the price Arcadia charges just for the deco alone, let alone getting a Valk with it. Factor in the time it would take me to do a job not as good as their PF and yeah, it’s worth way more than they charge to me. I’m with @Corrinald on Arcadia still being my favorite Valks to collect overall. I wouldn’t mind paying less obviously. 

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yes, insult the fanbase. That'll make you feel better.

Hey, aren't you the guy who was whining about spoilers for Delta many months after the show finished airing? Expecting the entire internet to tiptoe around spoilers for a long-finished show just for your sake is what I would call "gullible."

That is some memory you have. I had to check, but yes that was me.

In case anyone is wondering and to put what Lolicon is referring to into slightly better context, this took place in the toy forum VF-31 thread (page 98/99) and I did voice my discontent that spoiler tags were not used to hide a pivotal incident taking place in Macross Delta. This was early December 2016 with Macross Delta I believe only finishing late September. I suppose everyone has a different definition of what is "long-finished", personally for me that is not a couple of months. It was only one post/complaint and no additional "whining" on the matter from my side. The forum member apologized, corrected their previous posting and that was it basically.

In response to your angry reply Lolicon (and perhaps others) -
I was going to tinker with my posting to soften it. But the damage has been done and it would be the wrong approach here, as in trying to backtrack on a mistake, so I am going to leave it as is (original has been quoted anyway). Call it a bad choice of words, aggressive and thoughtless posting or an outright attack or insult on the whole Macross fanbase on my behalf - I will accept the accusations and will take the justified backlash and anti-postings that come with it.

But I still stand by my opinion that Arcadia is just price gouging fans. The additional tampo printing should be there from start and should not really factor in to Arcadia's already high pricing all that much.

3 minutes ago, lechuck said:

But I still stand by my opinion that Arcadia is just price gouging fans. The additional tampo printing should be there from start and should not really factor in to Arcadia's already high pricing all that much.

Why should it?  Why shouldn’t it?

Funny word, should, it’s an expression based on how someone wishes things to be whether it bares, or is in any way based on, reality.

Just now, Mommar said:

Why should it?  Why shouldn’t it?

Funny word, should, it’s an expression based on how someone wishes things to be whether it bares, or is in any way based on, reality.

Well said.

I'd also like to add that no one is obligated to pay PF prices. Or to pay any price at all. Buying a $400 toy is a choice, not an obligation or necessity. It is not the same as the local convenience store/gas station selling bottled water and gas at a 1000% markup during a disaster.

Everyone makes choices about what is worth what to them. 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Well said.

I'd also like to add that no one is obligated to pay PF prices. Or to pay any price at all. Buying a $400 toy is a choice, not an obligation or necessity. It is not the same as the local convenience store/gas station selling bottled water and gas at a 1000% markup during a disaster.

Everyone makes choices about what is worth what to them. 

Yep. These are luxury items. No one needs them.

If you're complaining that you can't afford a completely unnecessary luxury item, no one will shed any tears for you.

Mnn.  Not sure I'm sold on the weathering, but the VF-4 does look good, happy to see it's not "weathered" like the VF-0D.  I -might- set aside enough to try and grab one.

Nora.. eh.  I have the original, and not sure the new one feels like enough of an improvement.  We'll see, maybe it'll hit the bargain bin like my first one.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

All of the anniversary versions, at least. :lol: 

I'm not saying I expect it, I'm just saying it'll probably take that to get me to buy one.  If any version will though, it's probably the bright purple one.

Really? I’ve been waiting to see the 35th anniversary one on clearance but it seems to have gone up in price or stayed the same at least. 

5 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Haven’t I seen their Millia VF-1J on pretty deep discount on HLJ fairly recently?

Both regular and PF versions of M&M have been discounted at HLJ and NY recently. That seems pretty normal for the pair for some reason and then when stock dries up, those two become some of the most expensive in the aftermarket. Haha.

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Both regular and PF versions of M&M have been discounted at HLJ and NY recently. That seems pretty normal for the pair for some reason and then when stock dries up, those two become some of the most expensive in the aftermarket. Haha.

Nobody wants them until they're dying for them.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Nobody wants them until they're dying for them.

Lol, no kidding! I think it’s just another example of how small the Macross collecting community truly is. The same thing happens with most other non Hikaru/Roy or CF Valks. There just isn’t huge demand for this stuff but the people who want it will pay nearly anything to get it if they missed out. 

42 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, no kidding! I think it’s just another example of how small the Macross collecting community truly is. The same thing happens with most other non Hikaru/Roy or CF Valks. There just isn’t huge demand for this stuff but the people who want it will pay nearly anything to get it if they missed out. 

I'm still regreting not buying the Angel Birds and VFX 1/60v2 back then.