Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

IF they do announce a VT-1, guaranteed there will be no shoulder issues. And hopefully they wont come with the left foot on both sides. Or the right hand on both sides..:lol:

And guaranteed that it's still not going to have a rainbow canopy, a tent, portable stove, and a mutated fish. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Bolt said:

IF they do announce a VT-1, guaranteed there will be no shoulder issues. And hopefully they wont come with the left foot on both sides. Or the right hand on both sides..:lol:

The hand would be a much easier fix.

Though, to be honest, fixing the legs was pretty straightforward, and Arcadia actually sent me replacement parts (albeit to a Japanese Tenso address).

1 minute ago, valhary said:

I wonder if the SV mistake had something to do and delay the future releases

I'm a small scale "boutique" manufacturer too. You can be sure the leg thing was a HUGE deal. That sort of thing can tank a small business like that.

Next new mold MUST be the TV SDF-1.........if Arcadia is the boutique collectible purveyor everyone seems to be insinuating in order to rationalize their pricing structure, then the TV SDF-1 would surely fall into the "boutique" category of a high-end collectible....limited release....high price....and still would completely sell out....

I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but I never cared for the look of the SDF-1- just never appealed to me.  I prefer the looks of the Battle 7 (Macross 7) and the Quarter (Frontier), and I wouldn't mind smaller transforming toys (about the size of a leader class TF) of both, just to have representations of them that don't take up a ton of space.

The valks, though, have always been my draw to Macross, and to that end, I'd just like to see more of those come from Arcadia. My old Yammie Plus VF-11 has held up quite well over the years, so I'm not really feeling the need for a replacement, although I can understand it if some folks out there who never got one , or who just like to refresh their collections, want a new version. Personally, I want them to delve into uncharted territory and  produce some of the valk designs that have never been made in toy form before. 

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but I never cared for the look of the SDF-1- just never appealed to me.  I prefer the looks of the Battle 7 (Macross 7) and the Quarter (Frontier), and I wouldn't mind smaller transforming toys (about the size of a leader class TF) of both, just to have representations of them that don't take up a ton of space.

The valks, though, have always been my draw to Macross, and to that end, I'd just like to see more of those come from Arcadia. My old Yammie Plus VF-11 has held up quite well over the years, so I'm not really feeling the need for a replacement, although I can understand it if some folks out there who never got one , or who just like to refresh their collections, want a new version. Personally, I want them to delve into uncharted territory and  produce some of the valk designs that have never been made in toy form before. 

Battle 7 I can understand, Frontier I cannot.

TV SDF-1.  Shout it from the rooftops.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It would be great to have the PF VT-1 released.

Has there been anymore news about the VF-4 FB 2012 version? It’s been quite a while since any news has comes to light, I really hope this doesn’t become vaporware. 

According to @abbadon's post on July 27th, (page 96?) to be release in Spring of this year (technically Q1/Q2)

Link: https://figsoku.net/blog-entry-164254.html

201907280436071-400x447.jpg

201907280436091-400x300.jpg

43 minutes ago, borgified said:

Won't be surprised if it did get pushed back as there was glitches on the SV-51 with the incorrect feet. <_<

Honestly, considering that whole fiasco, they're probably having some long painful discussions with their manufacturing/assembly firm.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Honestly, considering that whole fiasco, they're probably having some long painful discussions with their manufacturing/assembly firm.

Or finding a new one. Both time consuming and not fun.

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

Or finding a new one. Both time consuming and not fun.

Or deciding to close shop after the FB2012 VF-4 gets released. Can’t keep on re-releasing old stuff in PF Editions all the time.

:ph34r:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Or deciding to close shop after the FB2012 VF-4 gets released. Can’t keep on re-releasing old stuff in PF Editions all the time.

I've said a few time in the SV-51 thread that the leg issue is the kind of thing that can tank a small business like that. They're very fragile. I hope the PF VF-0D is not the last thing we see out of them.

Anybody know of a shop that is still taking preorders for the PF VF-0D?  I’m a little concerned of the price vs risk factor of something wrong with it but I’m still playing with the idea of getting one anyways in hopes that it’ll be ok.  But damn that thing isn’t cheap

2 hours ago, rematron said:

Anybody know of a shop that is still taking preorders for the PF VF-0D?  I’m a little concerned of the price vs risk factor of something wrong with it but I’m still playing with the idea of getting one anyways in hopes that it’ll be ok.  But damn that thing isn’t cheap

Still taking preorders at Nippon-Yasan.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/29163-macross-zero-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-0d-phoenix-premium-finish.html

• 3 weeks later...

What I would like to see, and correct me if I am wrong and this is already produced by Arcadia, but I would like to see a 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru Vermillion Leader release in regular or perhaps Premium Finish.  I was not able to find if they have released this already.  But, I would like to see this made by Arcadia.

Twich

On 1/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, no3Ljm said:

ya, at least release undone paint schemes of the vf

Edited by arrow

On 1/2/2020 at 10:47 PM, no3Ljm said:

Sure they can. They have been doing it for years and consumers keep purchasing.

Just watch and see. 

14 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Sure they can. They have been doing it for years and consumers keep purchasing.

Just watch and see. 

Then that's why Arcadia can at least triple the asking price and we still all buy it regardless as we have any more money to keep their business growing. :lol: