Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

2 minutes ago, scand said:

Yep, please reissue the VF-0D. While I'm making requests VF1D, Hikaru 1J, and Focker 1S would also be nice too!

I'm surprised they haven't issued a VF-0D premium version.

With the 1st wave ones selling at north of $400, with spotty quality on the legs, it ought to be like printing money.

19 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm surprised they haven't issued a VF-0D premium version.

With the 1st wave ones selling at north of $400, with spotty quality on the legs, it ought to be like printing money.

I’d buy another.  I like all three modes.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Might as well PF all the Zero valks with fixed legs. Easy bit of money for Arcadia, since they're web exclusives.

Good idea, though since I already have the two Shin customs, much as I’d like fixed hips, I’d be more interested in CF versions of both.

Personally, I think Arcardia's logical choice will be VF-1D as not much engineering job to do, at least gain some momentum and get going.

while releasing old mould, they can take theirs time to redesign YF-21, to stay on the game.

1/48 is only beginning while majority collector are stuck with 1/60 and 1/100. as per 1/60 in term of size for those space constraint collector still have some edge for now...

but when 1/48 gain up momentum, Arcadia better offer premium finish as a standard issue instead of asking more, as Bandai will be unstoppable.

in 3 years if Arcadia still think like the pass...  good luck.

25 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I still just want a VF-0D in proper slate blue and pale grey, not "practically Max's 1J, deep blue and white".  

z43.jpg

Sorry, but that would have to be done in a new line of VF's....the Canon Finish (CF)...and, of course, it will have two flavors...CF-PF or CF-regular....;)

The obvious second release would be Shin's VF-0A CF.....:rolleyes:

Prices TBD....

Edited by jvmacross

On 8/5/2018 at 4:34 AM, Saviant said:

I have been hoping they bring out a VF-1A personally, or even a VF-1D would do

I am hoping to see some Vf-1As too. They released multiple 1Ss in 2017(and 16?) and two 1Js in 2018 (excluding weird special editions), so there's some hope the 1A is next. My first choice would be Max's 1A from DYRL. 

VF-1D would be snazzy too. Excited to see a PF GBP too if they release it.

Edited by Corrinald
Unsure of release dates

• 3 weeks later...

Arcadia prices are so extreme now, and the AUD so low compared to JPY (+ the sting of 10% GST added to all orders from major Japanese e-retailers), it is difficult for me to support their releases.

I would love a VF-0A CF, but even if it does ever get released I'll not be able to afford it at the current exchange rate.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

It seems like the HMR vt-1 and ve-1 didn't do spectacular so I'm not sure that bodes great for Arcadia reissues. That said, I'm sure Bandai pumped out a lot more than Arcadia would.

to be honest i'm surprised how not well the vt-1 is doing.  it even went on sale at NY (though that seems over and i am kicking myself so i probably won't pick up a second one but haven't rule dit out).  maybe its the color mismatch and to be honest....the wrong color.  yamato's was closer (still off but much better) and i really hope arcadia does a vt-1 reissue at a reasonable price because i never got around to the yamato one because...shoulders.  one of the few yamato valks i wanted but never got.

10 hours ago, jenius said:

It seems like the HMR vt-1 and ve-1 didn't do spectacular so I'm not sure that bodes great for Arcadia reissues. That said, I'm sure Bandai pumped out a lot more than Arcadia would.

I only started collecting years after the Yamato VT-1 and VE-1 came out, but were they as popular as other VF-1 releases at the time? 

But yes I would be in for an Arcadia release of both of these in 1/60 scale, well, after the VF-1D re-release...

I'm willing to bet if Arcadia re-released the VT-1 and VE-1 in PF, a lot of folks that weren't around back in Yamato's golden years would bite....due to the insane aftermarket prices of the VE-1 and the ever present exploding shoulders of the original VT-1 Yamato release. 

Edited by derex3592

6 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I only started collecting years after the Yamato VT-1 and VE-1 came out, but were they as popular as other VF-1 releases at the time? 

Judging by the fact that I picked up the VT-1 on heavy discount from HLJ when it was new (I think it was around $100, depending on the exchange rate at the time), I don't think the VT-1 was ever a hot seller.  The VE-1 got an anniversary re-release, but not the VT-1, so I'm guessing Yamato didn't expect it to sell well enough to justify it, despite the even lower number of unique parts compared with the Elintseeker.

I'd love to pick up a second Super Ostrich if I could, especially if all the unique markings were printed on.  The original Yamato VE-1 releases though were almost a proto-premium release, with a huge amount of tampo right out of the box. 

If they really wanted to sweeten the deal and get us to buy the more VT-1s, they need to do what Bandai did with the HMR release, and include duty uniformed Hikaru and Misa as optional figures. 

The problem with the Super Ostrich is that word got out quick that the shoulders were broken on them. So yeah, they were shelf warmers, but only part of that can be blamed on lack of demand for the design, the other was lack of demand for a toy that was broken in the box.