Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

YF-21 please, Arcadia.

Bandai's just started on their 1/48 line, whereas Arcadia's finished the main bunch (aside from Kakizaki and VF-1As), plus being different scale. From here I could see Arcadia going straight to the more valuable VF-1 versions, like VT-1, VF-1D, VE-1. They could also focus on non-macross stuff for a bit, and let the various SV-51 hold them over while they try to (re)engineer something new.

Maybe they'll do a re-print of the Yamato VF-11? 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am hoping Arcadia moves into the 1/60 scale Macross Frontier valkyries.

Bandai's DX Chogokin VF-171 had issues with breaking triangles, for example.

I could see Arcadia doing a better job with a more modern release.

The irony being the exact same engineering team worked on the Bandai 171 as the Yamato 17.

17 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

2) Keep making their (soon to be outdated) vf-1s, but focus on the rarer birds.  Things like the vt-1, ve-1, vf-1d.  Maybe go back to custom/weathering versions.  But even with that, I think they would need something to sweeten the deal, whether it is premium finish at current non-PF prices, or some really killer bundles.

I think there's a lot of potential for them here, at least in the shorter term. Newer collectors like me who missed the original releases would love a chance to get in on them without paying secondary market prices. I see the recent Max and Milia releases as a great example of this.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I think there's a lot of potential for them here, at least in the shorter term. Newer collectors like me who missed the original releases would love a chance to get in on them without paying secondary market prices. I see the recent Max and Milia releases as a great example of this.

This is my view on Arcadia as I am a newer collector too. I came around still a year too late for the rerelease of the two VF-1S so I had to settle for used ones. The Premiums are sharp looking and would love to get a couple, but they proved near impossible to get and insanely expensive to get in the aftermarket. Hopefully they rerelease the armored Vf-1J...I will definitely get one of those.

Arcadia positioned themselves as a premium producer. If they dont want to lower prices, go for niche items like the VF-9, VF-14 and throw in non-valks like the destroid cheyenne. 

Also instead of PF's, release the VF-0B, 0A CF...these use existing molds and shld be fast to roll out as bandai arent in on M0 yet.

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Or...you know, they can keep doing what they are doing which is selling out every Macross product they release? That has to be good for their business.

Eh... that's being a bit selective.  HLJ still has several of their newer releases in stock, as does NY (especially the sdf-1).

And this is when they had, undoubtedly, the best vf-1 on the market.  That won't be true after the Bandai 1/48 is out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is all doom-and-gloom for Arcadia.  But I doubt they can just keep doing what they are doing with their vf-1s and be fine.  There is a new kid on the vf-1 block, and they need to acknowledge that.  I think their non vf-1 lines will be the way to go, for the immediate future. 

6 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Eh... that's being a bit selective.  HLJ still has several of their newer releases in stock, as does NY (especially the sdf-1).

And this is when they had, undoubtedly, the best vf-1 on the market.  That won't be true after the Bandai 1/48 is out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is all doom-and-gloom for Arcadia.  But I doubt they can just keep doing what they are doing with their vf-1s and be fine.  There is a new kid on the vf-1 block, and they need to acknowledge that.  I think their non vf-1 lines will be the way to go, for the immediate future. 

Good point. But Those are considered sold as far as Arcadia is concerned plus their recent sale of "extra stock" on their website which included some of the same items sold out in seconds. I think they can keep putting out the VF-1s they haven't reissued yet and I agree they should try to develop more new non VF-1 molds. As it stands to this day, their VF-0S is still the best Valk toy I have ever experienced so if they can keep up that good work, they don't have too much to worry about.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

As it stands to this day, their VF-0S is still the best Valk toy I have ever experienced so if they can keep up that good work, they don't have too much to worry about.

And that is why they need to roll out immediately their VF-0A Unknown Soldier version that was poster teased way back in 2015. It's 2018 already. Bandai is way ahead now on the game for announcing that 1/48 VF-1J. :acute:

Thing is when it comes to consistency, aside of their VF-1 V2 molds and a few remolds of non-VF-1s, nothing groundbreaking. (Like a never before produced fighter for example). They will worry about Bandai's newest 1/48 for sure. Collectors don't have unlimited funds, let's say the 1/48 is a huge success (personally don't think it'll be bad, but certainly not the 2nd coming of the classic VF-1 that most people seem to be expecting....). 

Anyway, let's say it sells and does great, as a collector, you'd have to decide what to do as a chunk of your 'Macross budget' (for those of us who collect other stuff in equal measure) will be going towards Bandai's newer stuff. To be fair, most of my Macross spending of late has been on Bandai stuff. I had all the Arcadia re-release,  including the SDF-1 and was not going to shell out for a Premium 'glow in the dark' version however neat looking.

Arcadia now want to see themselves as a 'premium' retailer, won't be surprised if they completely stopped  'normal editions'. (Anyone with a minimum of modelling skills and decals sheets can 'premium' every single one of their VF's. A lot of us have been doing this since the Yamato days). They've got to allow for more new customers, and "premiuming"  everything under the sun ain't the way to go about it. For some of us who already own a big chunk of Yamato's releases, we couldn't care less. A lot of people didn't get rid of their non tampo-printed Yamato versions to get the so called premium ones.

If they want to keep their more recent customers, becoming elitist ain't the way to do it. 

Arcadia can't indefinitely rely on that old V2 mold, however decent it is, eventually, something is bound to surface and replace it. They haven't even released any kits versions like Yamato used to, nor a fraction of the classics VF's, nor that many non VF-1 stuff yet . At their rate of 1 or 2 new release per year,  you just need 1 company to release an amazing new 1/60 VF1 (or 1/48....), to make a considerable dent in their profits.

They are mostly surviving in this market with their VF-1's and re-releases. Their non-Macross stuff is negligible. They are taking way too long between new molds of non VF-1s. Time that Bandai or other companies could use to their advantage...As far as Arcadia releasing Macross Frontier stuff....Can't see it happening ever.  (Even if they did, it would take them 10 years at their rate to re-release perfectly fine Bandai DX versions.)

They've been a bit complacent lately and maybe that new 1/48 is just the kick in the backside they needed to start shifting their game up a gear or two. I certainly hope so as I'd hate to see them go bust.

36 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

They've been a bit complacent lately and maybe that new 1/48 is just the kick in the backside they needed to start shifting their game up a gear or two. I certainly hope so as I'd hate to see them go bust.

This is exactly how I feel about it as well. They also aren't doing us or them any favors by releasing the exact same item a few months apart for a standard vs premium edition. It fills up factory slots that could be used for an entirely different item and splits their customers purchases between them as I doubt very few people are buying both versions.

While I much prefer to purchase the standard over the PF (since that fits in better with my mix of Yamato and Arcadia valks) in the end I would probably prefer that they just release the PF versions and give us more variety over the course of the year.

As long as they are the only 1/60 game in town for what they are offering I'll keep buying from them, even if it costs more than an improved Bandai version in a different scale. If they keep dragging their heels though out of fear of doing too much too soon like Yamato then someone else (most likely Bandai) is going to fill the need for us and force them under anyway.

41 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Thing is when it comes to consistency, aside of their VF-1 V2 molds and a few remolds of non-VF-1s, nothing groundbreaking. (Like a never before produced fighter for example). They will worry about Bandai's newest 1/48 for sure. Collectors don't have unlimited funds, let's say the 1/48 is a huge success (personally don't think it'll be bad, but certainly not the 2nd coming of the classic VF-1 that most people seem to be expecting....). 

No....the 1/48 is only the messenger.....and his message is that the second coming (aka 6th Gen VF-1) is 3-4 years away....

Based on what Arcadia has been doing since it's rise from the ashes of Yamato's demise tells me they have been true believers for a while! :rolleyes:

Haha, I don't mind either way and have no stake in any business. If Arcadia makes something I like, I'll buy it. If they go out of business, less money I have to spend buying their stuff. It's all good. I don't care how long they take to do anything, in fact, the longer it takes, the better.

The Destroids? I haven't seen Arcadia doing the Destroids yet as it looks like there going staying with the valks as of now (their comfort zone). 

I have see a few listings of the Yammie Destroids floating around on the actions and inquiring about the QC on those. If anyone has them and can fill me in on it, I might be interested in getting a few for my collection.

32 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not sure there's much point in them making Desdroids, when the Yamato ones are still in the $100-$150 range.

I think he meant releasing the Spartan and the Phalanx....I would otherwise be in complete agreement with this plan, but since a complete Arcadia 1/60 SDFM Destroid lineup, which would require the release of a 1/60 Monster, is not likely.....I also see no point in further Arcadia Destroids....:nea:

I hate to be all doom and gloom but I believe "picking up the pace" in the face of competition that has an edge in every conceivable metric is just a way to go out of business very quickly. If I were at Arcadia, I'd be making the push to pick up a new license that Bandai doesn't care about... like they didn't care about Macross 15 years ago. Then I would just pop off a Macross reissue as demand dictated so I knew it would just be printing money. 

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I think he meant releasing the Spartan and the Phalanx....I would otherwise be in complete agreement with this plan, but since a complete Arcadia 1/60 SDFM Destroid lineup, which would require the release of a 1/60 Monster, is not likely.....I also see no point in further Arcadia Destroids....:nea:

unless perhaps the cheyenne!

cheyenne-lineart.gif.0509b1a1352792f63c00990fcfe7b002.gif

Cmon folks dont tell me you dont want this in 1/60! The expected pricing excluded...

I think the only 1/60 license Bandai doesn't have is the Zero one due to Arcadia's death grip on it....

Bet they have the M7.....and definitely the M+ now....

I'm guessing we will get a Major Wright Immelman VF-22 first....

tumblr_ob5t1ijkMn1rpgqi0o1_1280.jpg

then the YF-21....

Edited by jvmacross

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

unless perhaps the cheyenne!

cheyenne-lineart.gif.0509b1a1352792f63c00990fcfe7b002.gif

Cmon folks dont tell me you dont want this in 1/60! The expected pricing excluded...

Would be nice but I'd be good with a Bandai DX version from Macross Delta....oh and those crazy Regult hybrids too!

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I think the only 1/60 license Bandai doesn't have is the Zero one due to Arcadia's death grip on it....

Bet they have the M7.....and definitely the M+ now....

I'm guessing we will get a Major Wright Immelman VF-22 first....

Macross%20Delta%20-%2017%20-%20Large%203

then the YF-21....

Your image broke.

Also, Bandai is releasing a YF-19, which means they do have license to make 1/60 valks from Macross Plus.

I wonder if Arcadia may have lost the M7 license in 2015...after their release of the -19 kai combo pack?

If you recall....the following year Bandai's Tamashii event teased tons of Macross VF for their DX and HMR lines...one of them was the M+ YF-19 and the M7 VF-19 kai....

Tamashii+Nations+Macross+display+image+0

....so far from the pic we already have the VF-2SS and will soon have the YF-19.....

Bandai is playing the long game folks.....

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Your image broke.

Also, Bandai is releasing a YF-19, which means they do have license to make 1/60 valks from Macross Plus.

Oops...not sure why....it's a pic of Papa Immelman walking towards his NUNS VF-22.....

Yep....only question is.....do they have it for all M+ VF's?....I'm hopingq yes

52 minutes ago, jenius said:

I hate to be all doom and gloom but I believe "picking up the pace" in the face of competition that has an edge in every conceivable metric is just a way to go out of business very quickly. If I were at Arcadia, I'd be making the push to pick up a new license that Bandai doesn't care about... like they didn't care about Macross 15 years ago. Then I would just pop off a Macross reissue as demand dictated so I knew it would just be printing money. 

Yep!

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Oops...not sure why....it's a pic of Papa Immelman walking towards his NUNS VF-22.....

Yep....only question is.....do they have it for all M+ VF's?....I'm hopingq yes

The sire you grabbed from doesn't allow hotlinking.

Bandai YF-21 would be awesome. Also a VF-11B while they're at it? If they're going for Macross 7 they may as well, since that'd get them the VF-11C as well.