Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

7 hours ago, Darotower said:

A friend of mine wrote to Mr. K today about the new SV-51 and he answered:

"The SV-51 is still on deveploment stage right now and it's not ready to be release soon, please be patient"

I know it's not too much but is something...

mrk.jpg.881a1976c4e397b2dd1087084cf1cb03.jpg

Better than no news at all!!!! Thanks for letting us know.

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, hopefully this means they're taking time to do a good job on a challenging transformation. It'd be a shame if this ended up like Bandai's SV-262 puzzle with lots of un-necessary complexity.

Don't forget that the both wings are floppy when the bombs and the fuel tanks are strapped on either Ivanoff's or Nora's and the weight of it will droop the wings downwards and other notable issues as per the 3 versions.

I wonder how Arcadia will fix the sliding locking mechanism (metal bar) when the wings are used in extended mode as they don't have the proper locking dent on the Yammie version as they slide back into the body of the valk (very loose and the metal bars are too short IMO).  

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Don't forget that the both wings are floppy when the bombs and the fuel tanks are strapped on either Ivanoff's or Nora's and the weight of it will droop the wings downwards and other notable issues as per the 3 versions.

I wonder how Arcadia will fix the sliding locking mechanism (metal bar) when the wings are used in extended mode as they don't have the proper locking dent on the Yammie version as they slide back into the body of the valk (very loose and the metal bars are too short IMO).  

Are we even getting the fuel tanks and bombs on a standard release?  I hope Arcadia doesn't try any shenanigans with something that probably won't be a hot seller...

Give us everything up front.

42 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Are we even getting the fuel tanks and bombs on a standard release?  I hope Arcadia doesn't try any shenanigans with something that probably won't be a hot seller...

Give us everything up front.

Given how they did the VF-1 and VF-0 figures, I imagine they'll either include it in every release (like the super packs), or not make them at all (like the ghost booster).

13 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Oh excellent - FromJapan cancelled my orders just a few hours before the sale even though they promised they could do it in the sale time frame.

Tenso gonna come through! did you get your account approved?

that's cool you saw stock there, i was there at 7PM Tokyo time, hit refresh, out of stock. expect an influx at twice the price on the secondary market in a couple weeks i guess.

---

VF-0S now sold out, that confirms no website glitch.

Edited by apptt4
words

Nope, I won't pay massive markup. I almost bought one of Jungle for 40000 yen but couldn't talk myself into it. This will guarantee I never get a premium finish Arcadia VF of any kind, barring I find a good deal on one, which I doubt. The near impossibility of collecting some Macross stuff is frustrating. I did save a ton of money today though, haha.

5 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

Nope, I won't pay massive markup. I almost bought one of Jungle for 40000 yen but couldn't talk myself into it. This will guarantee I never get a premium finish Arcadia VF of any kind, barring I find a good deal on one, which I doubt. The near impossibility of collecting some Macross stuff is frustrating. I did save a ton of money today though, haha.

You can get the PF Milia at Nippon Yasan for 28250yen plus shipping. It'll be cheaper than via proxy.

yeah i saw that one on Jungle as well, will be over AU$600 for me. I paid that for the VF-0S but won't do it again. this is my first Macross sale madness and i'm honestly shocked how quick they went. suppose i shouldn't be after reading some people on here's experiences.

the Miria is available at retailers for what seems a reasonable price in both premium and regular, and the Max is available on HLJ for the same.

This just in from Arcadia twitter:

【Notice】 Regarding the campaign campaign, due to special sale of reservation cancellation, the number is very small, all products sold out except Miria machine Premium Finish. Thank you for your understanding, thank you.

eet

3 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

yeah i saw that one on Jungle as well, will be over AU$600 for me. I paid that for the VF-0S but won't do it again. this is my first Macross sale madness and i'm honestly shocked how quick they went. suppose i shouldn't be after reading some people on here's experiences.

the Miria is available at retailers for what seems a reasonable price in both premium and regular, and the Max is available on HLJ for the same.

This just in from Arcadia twitter:

【Notice】 Regarding the campaign campaign, due to special sale of reservation cancellation, the number is very small, all products sold out except Miria machine Premium Finish. Thank you for your understanding, thank you.

eet

No kidding. Well, so that's what happened. I was so close. If I had just been a few seconds faster on the draw! As if that's humanly possible. They must not have had too many available.

I really only wanted the two VF1S premiums. If I could get those, I would have tried to get any other premiums as they were released.

Just now, Corrinald said:

No kidding. Well, so that's what happened. I was so close. If I had just been a few seconds faster on the draw! As if that's humanly possible. They must not have had too many available.

I really only wanted the two VF1S premiums. If I could get those, I would have tried to get any other premiums as they were released.

same.

i have the Milia and VF-0S. with the Milia PF still in stock at online retailers (nippon-yasan being cheapest i've seen) i'm not worried about getting a Max PF.

18 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i got 2 vf-1s roys.

i'm saving to order a few more vf-0s but will have to go through hlj if they're still in stock next month. 

did you get anything in today's Arcadia sale? did anyone here? i won't be mad, honest

Dear Arcadia,

Can you please make a 1/3000 scale Macross Battle 7 with clamshell Island 7?

AND.... can you also provide me a 1/3000 scale Macross Battle Frontier with Island Frontier and Macross Quarter.

If you do, I will sooooo get a 1+ car garage to display this in.

The way I see it, Arcadia's options are:

1) Abandon the vf-1 completely (for the foreseeable future), and focus their efforts where there is little/no competition like their Macross Zero line.  Maybe move into Macross 7, or other less-common valk designs (from video games, etc.).

2) Keep making their (soon to be outdated) vf-1s, but focus on the rarer birds.  Things like the vt-1, ve-1, vf-1d.  Maybe go back to custom/weathering versions.  But even with that, I think they would need something to sweeten the deal, whether it is premium finish at current non-PF prices, or some really killer bundles.

3) Try to beat Bandai to the punch with a v3 1/60 that incorporates a lot of the improvements of the upcoming Bandai 1/48, and maybe more.  I personally don't think Arcadia has the resources to do this, but it would be great to see.

I do think Arcadia has seen this coming for quite some time (even before November 2017, when the Bandai 1/48 was first announced), so I imagine they have a plan internally.  I'm sure they will still release the Max VF-1J PF, and the anniversary valk (that no one wants).  But what comes after that will definitely be interesting to see.

All the Arcadia releases have sold out...including all the "extra stock" they just put on their website. In seconds. I don't think they are going out of the Valk business. It would be nice to see them do some of the more rare variants but doing too many of those is possibly part of what led to Yamato's demise.