Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

A special page to introduce Premium Finish items which we sell in the past

So if i take it and put a 'to' after premium items, that would make sense to expect more PF's. I suppose they will set up a dedicated page for PF announcements as well.

As for the second line to hold campaigns for outsource/cancelled goods, that would likely mean re-releases i take it.

Wonderfest is coming up end of the month, will wait to see what they mean...

This news is great for me, but not so great for my wallet. :lol:

Items that Arcadia has sold in the past, eh? Does this mean we have a chance of seeing a PF VF-19 Kai with Soundbooster?

I wonder how far back Arcadia plans to take this? I'm very curious. ^_^

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

This news is great for me, but not so great for my wallet. :lol:

Items that Arcadia has sold in the past, eh? Does this mean we have a chance of seeing a PF VF-19 Kai with Soundbooster?

I wonder how far back Arcadia plans to take this? I'm very curious. ^_^

how would one PF the VF-19 Kai?

Ugly little "do THIS, don't do THAT" stencils all over Basara's bird?

that ain't Rock-n'-Roll...:lol:

40 minutes ago, slide said:

how would one PF the VF-19 Kai?

Ugly little "do THIS, don't do THAT" stencils all over Basara's bird?

that ain't Rock-n'-Roll...:lol:

:lol:

Maybe. But, for me, turning the stickers into printed details would make Basara's VF-19 an instant classic. I mean, just look at that sticker sheet on the lower right. There's plenty of detail to work with (credit to @jenius for the image).

Yamato-VF-19P-9.jpg

Agreed, any darker (or blue) Valk would really benefit from the PF treatment. VF-0D would be an excellent choice. Does Arcadia even have the rights to do PF of the 19's from Mac 7?  They would need to fix the loose ankle issues though. 

Edited by derex3592

On 7/5/2018 at 12:57 PM, jenius said:

Arcadia hasn't done the 19S/F and the cryptic page seems to indicate it's previous offerings they're giving the treatment to. Hikaru's 1J seems a slamdunk given Max and milia.

That’s a shame.  Given how pipular it was at release I imagined ne a PF 19F would be a hot seller.  I know I’d buy another, pending ankle fixes.

8 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Yep Arcadia’s 19 really deserves a PF treatment but the sales will greatly depend on how well Bandai executes the Yf-19

Once again fix the swing bars and ankles and it’s a sale.

I was just thinking about Arcadia's announcement that @no3Ljm further explained in depth..

Since you guys are discussing about the possibilities of the YF-19, will the YF-21 be a option (or has the reigns been given to Bandai)? 

Edit: I think that Bandai has gotten a fair grab in this as they have the DX YF-19 with all the goodies and the fold booster, however they haven't issued the YF-21 yet. Only Yamato has made the YF-21 for Macross Plus and the VF-22 for Macross 7.

Edited by borgified

14 hours ago, Mommar said:

At one point didn’t Mr K actually say he would like to revisit the 21/22?

I believe he said a few years back he would like to revisit the YF-21 IF there were enough marked improvements that could be made that would justify it, design and cost wise.  Now I know I would be 100% on board with a new YF-21 from Arcadia OR Bandai at this point! 

Let's Google Translate it. Shall we? ;) 

http://arcadia.ac/premiumfinish/

2017年より、アルカディアオンラインショップでの限定にて販売を開始した「Premium Finish」製品。同年に発売致しました「完全変形VF-1Sストライクバルキリー(一条輝搭乗機) Premium Finish」から始まった本ラインナップですが、通常版ではステッカー貼付によるマーキングであった箇所を、Premium Finish版ではタンポ印刷を施した特別仕様にて展開致しました。

そして2018年4月に発売した「完全変形SDF-1 MACROSS Premium Finish」では、墨入れや蓄光等更なる要素を追加し、弊社商品のフラッグシップとなるべき、量産完成品のほぼ限界まで追い込んだクオリティーを実現。お客様からの沢山の喜びの声を頂くことが出来ました。

そんな「Premium Finish」製品ですが、まだまだこれからも色々な商品展開が予定されており、お客様へ更に感動と興奮をお届け出来る様、進行しております。

そこで、本特設ページでは「一条輝搭乗機 Premium Finish」から始まり、現在最新の「VF-0S フェニックス Premium Finish」までの、商品情報を改めてご紹介させて頂きたく思います。

尚、アルカディアの完全変形マクロスアイテムを紹介するにあたり、開発担当の「みすたーK」より、Q&A形式でのコメントがございますので、まずはこちらをご一読下さいませ。

"Premium Finish" product which began selling limitedly at Arcadia Online Shop since 2017. This line-up started with "Perfect Transform VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Premium Finish)" which was released in the same year, but in the regular version it is the marking by sticker sticking, in the Premium Finish version the tampon printing We expanded it with a special specially designed.

And in "Perfect Transformation SDF-1 MACROSS Premium Finish" released in April 2018, we added additional elements such as black ink and light accumulation and pushed it almost to the limit of the mass production completed product which should be the flagship of our product Realize quality. I got a lot of pleasure from customers.

Although it is such a "Premium Finish" product, we are still planning various product developments from now on, so we are progressing to deliver further excitement and excitement to our customers.

So I would like to introduce product information again from this special page to "VF - 0S Phoenix Premium Finish" starting with "Premium Finish Ichijyo boarding machine" and currently the latest "VF - 0S Phoenix Premium Finish".

In addition, as we introduce Arcadia's perfectly deformed Macross item, there is comment in Q & A format from "Mister K" in charge of development, so please read this first.

Q:企画する過程で苦労する事/手間な事は?

A: 一番手間な部分は率直にやる事が細かい!!通常版では施されていない「タンポ印刷部分」のチェック、具体的に言うと、タンポがずれていないか?歪んでいないか?製造の過程で剥がれていたりしないか?等々・・・VF-0Sにいたっては101ヶ所もの確認を行う為、これが本当に骨が折れます・・・(あ、ちゃんと可動とか関節の固さ等も勿論チェックしてますよ)

Q: What are you having trouble with in the process of planning / what is troublesome?

A: The most troublesome part is to do frankly! It is detailed in the "Tampo printing part" which is not applied in the regular version, in concrete terms, the tempo is not misaligned? Is not it distorted? Are they peeling off during the manufacturing process? Etc. VF - 0 S is really confusing because we do 101 places to confirm · · · (Oh, I'm checking the robustness of the movements and joints properly)

Q:アルカディアのマクロス商品を購入頂いておりますお客様へ

A: ウチの商品は以前ブログでもご説明した通り高額な為、色々と苦労をお掛けするかと思いますが、基本的に「Premium Finish」は、自社通販限定の特別版な為、予約しない事には手に入らないのです・・・価格に関しては見積もりや試算表とにらめっこしながら、 少しでもお買い求め頂きやすい価格に落とし込める様、努力はしていきますので、コンゴトモヨロシク・・・

Q: To Customers who have purchased Macross products from Arcadia

A: I think that I will struggle variously because the item of ours is expensive as I explained in the previous blog, but basically "Premium Finish" is a special edition limited to our mail order, so do not book We do not get to ... As for the price, while staring at with estimates and trial charts, We will make efforts so that we can put it in a price that you can purchase even a little, so Congo Tomo Yoroshiku · · ·

Q:製品の仕様に対するこだわりは?

A: 大枠で見ればこれと言うこだわりはないですね~。まぁ、自身がカッコイイと思うのでそうしただけです。とは言え「PF」を発売するする前にノーマル版を出しているのですが、そのノーマル版で届いたカスタマーコメントに基づき、「PF」で調整、改修などしています。ずーと内輪にいる私には気が付かない事があったりするので、色々と勉強させて頂きながら積み重ね続けられている事が結果として「こだわり」になっていると思われます。この先、未来に繋がっていくのでしょうね~。誠にありがたいことです!

Q: Are you committed to product specifications?

A: There is no particular preference to say this if viewed in breadth. Well, I just did it because I think it's cool. However, although I am issuing a normal version before releasing "PF", I am adjusting, refurbishing, etc. with "PF" based on customer comments received in that normal version. There are things that I do not notice for me who is in the inner ring so far, so it seems that things that are being accumulated while studying variously have become "commitment" as a result. It will be connected to the future in the future ~ is not it ~. It is truly appreciated!

ここからは中国の工場にて日夜頑張ってくれている担当エンジニアのコメントを掲載します!

From here we will post comments from engineers responsible who are working hard day and night at the factory in China!

Q:苦労する/気を付けているポイントは?

A: こんにちは、現地にてみすたーK氏と工員との情報共有や、検品等を行っている担当エンジニアの者です。「Premum Finish」アイテムを生産する上で大変だったり、気を付けているポイントということで、我々が考えるのはシンプルに下記の部分となります。

◆大変なポイント・集中力をきらさない!・単純に時間がかかる!

◆気を付けているポイント・色の濃さの統一!(SDF-1の場合)・タンポがずれないようにとにかく慎重に!

「大変なポイント」に関しましてはみすたーK氏の説明にもあった通り、タンポ印刷の箇所すべてをミスがないかチェックする必要がございます。全量検査では無いとは言え、長時間の作業と集中力の維持が大変な部分となります。

「気を付けているポイント」に関しましては、こちらも先日の「SDF-1 MACROSS Premium Finish出荷直前レポート」内で説明した通り、蓄光塗料は溶剤と粉末の蓄光材を混ぜるため、重力で少しづつ粉末が沈殿したります。その為、通常の塗料より色味を統一することが難しいのです。しかしその部分もなるべく個体によって激しく差がでない様、慎重に行っております。「タンポ印刷のずれに注意する」に関しましては、文字通りそのままの意味ですね。

Q: Why are you struggling / what are you careful about?

A: Hello, I am a person in charge of the engineer who is doing information sharing and checking etc. between Mr. K. and in the field. In terms of producing "Premium Finish" items, it is tough or careful points, so what we think is simply the following part.

◆ Points to remember · I will not stop focusing! · It takes time simply!

◆ Points being carefully • Unity of color intensity! (In the case of SDF-1) · Be careful not to misplace the tampon anyway!

Regarding "a serious point", as Mr. Mister K explained, it is necessary to check whether there are mistakes in all parts of the tampon printing. Although it is not the whole amount inspection, it is a difficult part to work for a long time and maintain concentration.

Regarding "Points to be careful about", as described in the "SDF-1 MACROSS Premium Finish Shipment Immediate Report" the other day, because the luminescent paint mixes the solvent and the powdered phosphorescent material, it is gradually pulverized by gravity It precipitates. Therefore, it is difficult to unify the color taste from the usual paint. However, as much as possible, we carefully wish that there is no significant difference depending on individuals. It is literally meaningless in regard to "to pay attention to misalignment in tampon printing".

次のページからはこれまで発売してきた「Premium Finish」製品を画像つきでご紹介して行きます。通常版との比較画像も掲載致しますので是非ご覧くださいませ!

From the next page I will introduce "Premium Finish" products released so far with images. We will also post comparison images with the regular version so please do not miss it!

I know Google translate is far from perfect, but that is nearly useless "information."  Maybe a human translation would get the message across better, but it just seems like they are talking about how "hard" it is to make Premium Finish stuff.  Maybe they are getting negative feedback about the cost?  Who knows.

So it’s just a blog post on Arcadia’s premium finish releases? That’s cool. I was hoping for some news, myself. Maybe the news is still pending.

The post did mention they “are planning various product developments” and it will be interesting to see if Arcadia continues the PF line with these after Max’s 1J release next month. 

Edited by technoblue

23 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I believe he said a few years back he would like to revisit the YF-21 IF there were enough marked improvements that could be made that would justify it, design and cost wise.  Now I know I would be 100% on board with a new YF-21 from Arcadia OR Bandai at this point! 

I vaguely remember it but I think he is also saying that he is not making the decision. So it goes along the line of I want to revisit 21/22 but it has to align with the business also.