Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

15 minutes ago, F360 said:

hmm,I wonder what product will this be.:huh:

Probably the Lancer. Or maybe a Roy/Milia Premium version:p. But I'm guessing something Macross Zero related since it's the 15th anniversary on December 21st ( VF-0A CF or Reactive armor assembly kit?).

Edited by wmkjr

31 minutes ago, F360 said:

hmm,I wonder what product will this be.:huh:

also pics from thttp://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12264383036.html

vf-1jma.thumb.jpg.29378d587a4b71ea06cd523b8de93840.jpg

hmm, the white look kinda pinkish?

Hmm the missiles look a lil pink (?) it gonna be pink hue + blue reflection off the wing?

19 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Probably the Lancer. Or maybe a Roy/Milia Premium version:p. But I'm guessing something Macross Zero related since it's the 15th anniversary on December 21st ( VF-0A CF or Reactive armor assembly kit?).

it should be the RA assembly kit cos there was a mid year release date when teased month back......

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

I can give them a good home if you don't want them :D

I even have spares from my kit versions! You're welcome to them! Free plus postage! Hit me up!

3 hours ago, Cowboy17 said:

just saw an arcadia blog post on twitter.  The blog post seems to indicate reservations may start next week for Milia.  

Next week! If so then im gonna be all over that 5h!t for sure!!!

On 4/9/2017 at 3:12 AM, Lolicon said:

That's good. Would hate to see a lovely custom get marred by it. They're fine if the nubs are only touching bare plastic, but they've been known to damage paint over time. 

I stopped using them (except for taking brief photos) because of it. 

I've ahd the same issue with FP but spanner's case leads me to believe it's probably just poor paint jobs that get eaten. 

Anyways, I'm ready to order M&M as soon as available.

When it rains, it pours...M&Ms.^_^

I was so bummed when I had to sell my 1/48s. The last two years have been icing on a big Macross cake. I'll not only have Bandai's HM-R versions, but also Arcadia's versions at 1/60 scale. I wouldn't have thought this would happen five years ago.

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

When it rains, it pours...M&Ms.^_^

I was so bummed when I had to sell my 1/48s. The last two years have been icing on a big Macross cake. I'll not only have Bandai's HM-R versions, but also Arcadia's versions at 1/60 scale. I wouldn't have thought this would happen five years ago.

Then, we have to say thanks to those KO companies. We owe it to them. ;) 

13 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Anyone know where I can still preorder the VF-1S Hikaru Premium Finish Version?

the cut off time as 2017/2/8 , so you will probably have to wait til closer to release date for any extra openings. 

These were the stores that had them

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19852-macross-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom-premium-finish-ver.html

http://www.anime-export.com/product/34709

http://hlj.com/product/acagk-01/Act

22 minutes ago, Old Man said:

as F360 mentioned, the pre-order cut off date has passed so no I don't think any place that listed them will have them still open..

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Posting the pics here so that people don't have to hang out on twitter.

IMG_2869.PNG.71c69257db565be9df0649493d047fa7.PNG

Yay another 1S.

yay... that's great news... <_<

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

the cut off time as 2017/2/8 , so you will probably have to wait til closer to release date for any extra openings. 

These were the stores that had them

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19852-macross-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom-premium-finish-ver.html

http://www.anime-export.com/product/34709

http://hlj.com/product/acagk-01/Act

didn't any other stores have them at all?

Focker premium finish version for July? Well, looks like I'll be reviewing the Hikaru version and then selling it off.. I don't need both.

This bodes well for the M&Ms being available in premium finish versions also right?

Edited by jenius

25 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Just now, jenius said:

Focker premium finish version for July? Well, looks like I'll be reviewing the Hikaru version and then selling it off.. I don't need both.

I think there might be a buyer if nothing reopens on release.

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

see this is where I think Arcadia has kinda got it wrong with these premium versions.. if they had included the extra detail in the regular versions then I (probably) would have been buying them all! Yeah its good that they are re-issuing them but they haven't had to do any of the back work of design and engineering so surely they could have re-issued them as a standard upgrade from the original releases and included the extra tampo.. I mean seriously would the extra detail points made that much of a difference to their profit margins?

Edited by spanner

The announcement of the premium finish Focker is a little disconcerting for those of us contemplating M&M purchases. Do we pull the trigger now or risk waiting for potential M&M premium finish releases 12 months down the road?

Also, I have to wonder if the KO releases of M&M were provoked by Arcadia's release plans, not the other way around. If the KOs are coming out of factories producing the legitimate Arcadia products, then workers in those factories would be privy to Arcadia's otherwise secret release schedule.

Edited by chaff.g

26 minutes ago, spanner said:

as F360 mentioned, the pre-order cut off date has passed so no I don't think any place that listed them will have them still open..

yay... that's great news... <_<

didn't any other stores have them at all?

Play-asia had them too, http://www.play-asia.com/macross-do-you-remember-love-160-perfect-trance-vf-1s-strike-val/13/70avwv

I don't recall too many stores carrying them because it was originally planned as a Arcadia webstore exclusive and the stores that do carry them is asking the same if not higher than Arcadia, similar to those P-Bandai wes exclusives.  And out of nowhere HLJ had some , and even have a discount, :)

14 minutes ago, chaff.g said:

The announcement of the premium finish Focker is a little disconcerting for those of us contemplating M&M purchases. Do we pull the trigger now or risk waiting for potential M&M premium finish releases 12 months down the road?

Also, I have to wonder if the KO releases of M&M were provoked by Arcadia's release plans, not the other way around. If the KOs are coming out of factories producing the legitimate Arcadia products, then workers in those factories would be privy to Arcadia's otherwise secret release schedule.

If they are going to do a premium finish M&M they would most likely announced/open on the same day, similar to their recent VF-1s Hikaru.

I'm thinking they might just go all Premium Finish and maybe release the normal version if the premium preorders are lower than expected.  More Premium Finish units, lower cost, lower msrp. ,etc. sounds right to me.

33 minutes ago, spanner said:

see this is where I think Arcadia has kinda got it wrong with these premium versions.. if they had included the extra detail in the regular versions then I (probably) would have been buying them all! Yeah its good that they are re-issuing them but they haven't had to do any of the back work of design and engineering so surely they could have re-issued them as a standard upgrade from the original releases and included the extra tampo.. I mean seriously would the extra detail points made that much of a difference to their profit margins?

And now, Arcadia is flooding the market with Roy's and Hikaru's VF-1S whether it's a regular release or the Premium Finish release. <_<

19 minutes ago, chaff.g said:

I think Arcadia was provoked by the KO announcements because it was already in PO over Taobao when they released the "Don't buy the KO Products" news.