Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

Has has there been any confirmation on whether or not this SV-51y is actually a renewal version or simply a reissue? I'll instabuy a renewal but will easily skip a reissue.. 

Also what is that "kit" on the VF-0A/S display card referring to? The RA parts perhaps? And 16k for a crappy Lancer!?!? Yeah right.. pass. I have a few Autoart models im eyeballing for around that or less!

It would be a new/improved mold.

The kit is the Reactive Armor.

The Lancer is overpriced, but realistically a premium collector's piece. Not many collectors would be interested in it.

14 minutes ago, spanner said:

Has has there been any confirmation on whether or not this SV-51y is actually a renewal version or simply a reissue? I'll instabuy a renewal but will easily skip a reissue.. 

Also what is that "kit" on the VF-0A/S display card referring to? The RA parts perhaps? And 16k for a crappy Lancer!?!? Yeah right.. pass. I have a few Autoart models im eyeballing for around that or less!

Its most likely a renewal, as mr K mentioned that they would do something new. Normally re-issue's dont benefit from a pixelated promotion teaser :p

Maybe we will get more info on it as the day goes on. Arcadia hasnt even tweeted about it! :D

The kit is the RA assembly kit, customisable, though i dont thk it will come in black as the pic shows, since black doesn't reflect paint .

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

So no cannon fodder 0A on the horizon? 

It looks like its gone with the wind...but who knows? Since its just a recolor, arcadia could launch it at a so-called moments notice..

I got excited about a valk kit for a second there. Oh well. 

The SV-51 is welcome news, even if it's likely to be way outside my finances to get one. More valks for me to see other people's photos of!

Edited by mickyg

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie addict said:

Avoiding the Cheyenne, Arcadia has finished the Zero lineup, just missing the obligatory Nora and CF releases and on to the next Macross lineup, they must finish the Plus lineup with reissue YF-21 and VF-11 but at Arcadias snail pace I'll be 50 before it.

Dont forget abt those darn ghosts!!

Hmm i dont thk these are what retirement funds are for.....:D 

14 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

i can't believe its an sv-51.  No one bought the old ones.  

Sadly people (like me) avoided the SV-51's & VF-0's due to the QC issues. I only got my first Ivanov 51 a few months ago because the price was really good. If these are as solid as the Arcadia VF-0S, collectors will want them! B))

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Sadly people (like me) avoided the SV-51's & VF-0's due to the QC issues. I only got my first Ivanov 51 a few months ago because the price was really good. If these are as solid as the Arcadia VF-0S, collectors will want them! B))

Yeah, I just picked up a CF sv-51 this week because it was dirt frickin' cheap.  Im fine with all the looseness issues (except the tail stabs) because im never displaying these in anything but fighter. 

4 minutes ago, spanner said:

I can't remember and im not really willing to do a re-watch of M-Zero but does the darker colored RA parts ever make an appearance? Regardless I think its a pass for me..

I only recall roy wearing the RA and i suspect black is not the default color of the assembly RA. 

Edited by seti88

That Battle7 is part of the non-scale model releases right? I wonder if it transforms or if you choose to build it in either mode.

The good news about the RA Kit is that it will hide the surgery I had to do to my 0A toy... that is, if I could ever convince myself to transform that thing again.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

I dunno. I really want to love battle 7 and i do in a way. But something about the coloring scheme really makes it an eyesore for me. Battle frontier on the other hand looks hawt,.

I don't think the Battle 7 will ever get released in full color. Remember the SDF-1 Non-Scaled Resin kit that they have? It's part of the same line.

And you know how Arcadia is when it comes to blues. ;)

From Macross Mecha Manual:

battle7-carrier.gif

battle7-attack.png

Done up right and with the color less saturated, I think it could look pretty good. I would love a Battle Frontier and Galaxy too, but it doesn't seem likely at this point since Bandai has moved on to Delta. I just want a good sized and detailed transforming NMC to go with my SDF-1 and MQ. I'm hoping Bandai will surprise us sometime with an Elysion also... but that's probably just going to remain a dream :(

The mini kits are nice, but I would be more inclined to buy transforming (or even parts-forming) capital ships. I thought MegaHouse had a good start with its TV SDF-1, and I wouldn't mind seeing more Macross capital ships from them. I think Arcadia could start something competitive by making a line of small scale transforming capital ships, but I don't know what that would entail cost-wise.

Even with the SV-51 announcement, Arcadia's news felt conservative to me this year. I want to keep a positive beat, though, and I hope there is a surprise reissue or two before the end of the year (not counting Hikaru's 1S, which is already in the pipeline).

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

And call it macross double zero? Or macross -1. Hopefully they do, and don't forget abt the valk segment of macross, even Gundam has the thunderbolt series revolving around mecha battles..

of course the Valkyrie / variable fighter element would still be there but could be shown much earlier in its development. How cool would it be seeing the early prototypes and their first test flights and testing combat effectiveness. Much more interesting than a sappy love story I reckon.