Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Takani's illustrations are what drew me into Macross....they are amazing to this day....

BbsImg141701157782530_2522*3427big.jpg

I also really like Suzuki's take on the TV SDF-1.....

gallery_12176_633_113197.jpg

ar308-9-box.jpg

Oh...and here is the other Takani SDF-1 TV in cruiser......

image-305684-grande.jpg

We reeeeaaallllly need an updated 1/3000 TV SDF-1........we need to start a petition to either Arcadia or Bandai.....or both! :)

Edited by jvmacross

Since MH did a SDF1-TV recently in their Cosmo Fleet line, maybe they have exclusive license to do a 1/3k instead of Bandai or Arcadia?

I don't mind a blow up version of Megahouse TV SDF-1. Even if it's a parts-former one. :rolleyes:

They are not a subsidiary of Bandai?

Yes, they are. :)

They are not a subsidiary of Bandai?

Don't have their Orguss toy to compare to a SOC or a DX Chogokin, so not sure if their toys have the same quality as regular Bandai or regular Arcadia.

Their Plamax/MaxFactory model-kits are like HG-level Bandai, tho, assuming Max Factory and Megahouse are the same entities.

Edited by treatment

Don't have their Orguss toy to compare to a SOC or a DX Chogokin, so not sure if their toys have the same quality as regular Bandai or regular Arcadia.

Their plamax model-kits are like HG-level Bandai, tho.

Well, if I were a betting man (which I'm not)....I would be all in on a Bandai Soul of Popynica 1/3000 (or 1/1800) TV SDF-1....with all the bells and whistles.....quite frankly, Yamato's DYRL SDF-1 was meh in terms of said bells and whistles......and I have lost faith in Arcadia.....so hoping they step aside when it comes to a DX-type TV SDF-1 at this point....

It's been a wonder why Bandai hasn't done any SDF-1 (DYRL or TV) in their SOC line of ships. They'd already released a Yamato, a Yamato-2199, the Andromeda and the Arcadia, but still no SDF-1 SOC.

Could be BW asking too much license-fees for it?

Only Yamato was able to release a 1/3k SDF-1 toy since Takatoku, albeit the DYRL version.

It's been a wonder why Bandai hasn't done any SDF-1 (DYRL or TV) in their SOC line of ships. They'd already released a Yamato, a Yamato-2199, the Andromeda and the Arcadia, but still no SDF-1 SOC.

Could be BW asking too much license-fees for it?

Only Yamato was able to release a 1/3k SDF-1 toy since Takatoku, albeit the DYRL version.

A SoC SDF-1 would be amazing. You gave me a new dream!

What does Arcadia have plans to release other than the reactive armour? Any reissues?

Yeah other day I saw a Facebook ad for HLJ stating there was going to be a Yf-19 restock in April for 28000 yen. Didn't think much of it until later. I tried to find the ad again but couldn't. I checked HLJ and they still have 19 in stock for 29500 yen. I'm guessing that was an old ad still in circulation from the restock earlier this year.

• 2 weeks later...

What does Arcadia have plans to release other than the reactive armour? Any reissues?

Yeah other day I saw a Facebook ad for HLJ stating there was going to be a Yf-19 restock in April for 28000 yen. Didn't think much of it until later. I tried to find the ad again but couldn't. I checked HLJ and they still have 19 in stock for 29500 yen. I'm guessing that was an old ad still in circulation from the restock earlier this year.

Can you share how you were able to tell thar HLJ had 19 remaining stock? I didn't see any indicator on their site.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what this is?

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=173

I mean, it's obviously a DYRL sdf-1.  It looks really small (105mm?).  I didn't see any announcement about it, though.  It says limited release, so I doubt you can get one easily, but I don't think this was posted on the arcadia website after the release date?  I haven't seen it on any of the major import websites, either.

This flew under the radar, at least for me.  Maybe I missed the announcement somewhere else on here.

14 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Does anyone know what this is?

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=173

I mean, it's obviously a DYRL sdf-1.  It looks really small (105mm?).  I didn't see any announcement about it, though.  It says limited release, so I doubt you can get one easily, but I don't think this was posted on the arcadia website after the release date?  I haven't seen it on any of the major import websites, either.

This flew under the radar, at least for me.  Maybe I missed the announcement somewhere else on here.

It's a reissue. The original details are here.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe Arcadia's gonna release the VF-1S again! How boring?!?!? 

I can't believe people are still buying the VF-1S? The market must be saturated with them! 

There's tons of other valks they can do like the VE-1 and VF-1D. Unless Arcadia really thinks there is no market for them... :(

6 minutes ago, QEssential said:

So Arcadia is finished?

I think its gonna be hard for them to compete with bandai, given that bandai is producing cheaper and newer valks from the delta series.
Bandai has already has 3 DX delta valks which have all sold out at pre-order, plus their price point on the HMR's isnt even in arcadia's category.
Since bandai DX'es arent cheap either, that's less money available to harvest from the macross fan pool...

I wouldnt say arcadia is finished, but they will have to rely on other toys like the garland for example to keep em a float...