Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

3 existing molds, actually.

VF-4, VF-1 single-seater & accessories (GBP, SSP), VF-19 Kai

I hope they have molds for the

VF-1 dual-seater (VT-1, VE-1, VF-1D, VF-1D Virgin Road... these are easy money for Arcadia)

YF-21+accessories (fast pack, fold booster)

VF-11

VF-19 variants (19P, 19F, 19S)

Licensing is another thing though... nobody knows what they're licensed to release.

How about the SDF-1 mould?

:huh:

Really hope Arcadia can re-issue the SDF-1 :wub:

Second hand market is cutting throat, to me all Macross Fans should own one.

If Arcadia doing pre-order and prepaid, they will see the actual demand so that it won't be over produced...

They can do a pre-order in a way to check which one (DYRL or TV) is more popular before produce... (of course both will be better) :ph34r:

How about the SDF-1 mould?

:huh:

Really hope Arcadia can re-issue the SDF-1 :wub:

Second hand market is cutting throat, to me all Macross Fans should own one.

If Arcadia doing pre-order and prepaid, they will see the actual demand so that it won't be over produced...

They can do a pre-order in a way to check which one (DYRL or TV) is more popular before produce... (of course both will be better) :ph34r:

The only thing is that if ever they do this it will only be catered to local customers since their store is not open to customers outside Japan. Unless they do it like Bandai/Nippon-Yasan. That any online shop exclusive should be paid upfront. And with today's Arcadia pricing a massive 1/3000 SDF will probably cost us more than $500.

If Arcadia can keep 4 releases a year it will be perfect (for Macross)

Each quarter we will get robed once, LOL

Wonder how many moulds it actually brought over from Yamato?

Mr K said they got 10 molds from Yamato. He didn't say which but I'd assume the 10 most recent molds were probably taken. He did mention the 1/48 is not one of them since the molds are broken.

Mr K said they got 10 molds from Yamato. He didn't say which but I'd assume the 10 most recent molds were probably taken. He did mention the 1/48 is not one of them since the molds are broken.

Interesting.

'Recent' would probably includes the ff:

- VF-17S​

- VF-19S/Kai + Sound Booster

- VF-11B/C

- VF-1J/S/A/D/X + SSP + GBP

- QF-2200D-A/B Ghost Booster

- YF-21/VF-22

- VE-1

- VT-1

​- SDF-1 DY

^_^ Keeping the hope​ alive here people.

First time I heard this. Very interesting.

- VF-17S​

- VF-19S/Kai + Sound Booster

- VF-11B/C

- VF-1J/S/A/D/X + SSP + GBP

- YF-21/VF-22

- VE-1

- VT-1

​- SDF-1 DY

^_^ Keeping the hope​ alive here people.

You missed the vf-4. We know they have that one.

Vf4
Vf1 v2
Vf19
Sound booster
Strike parts
GBP
That leaves 4 unknown. I'd guess the Yf19 mold was another one though it was never released by Yamato we know it was in the works. In fact, the vf0 v2 also started as a Yamato project so we may only have 2 unaccounted for assuming the 0D isn't different from the S/A mold.

Edit - I can math.

Edited by jenius

You missed the vf-4. We know they have that one.

Good catch. I forgot that one. ;)

I'd count the GBP as it's own mold, not with the VF1.

True. I only added that in the list to make room for more Valks instead of add-on. Besides, Strike/Super Parts and Sound Booster should also count as its own mold, right? ^_^

Vf4

Vf1 v2

Vf19

Sound booster

Strike parts

GBP

That leaves 5 unknown. I'd guess the Yf19 mold was another one though it was never released by Yamato we know it was in the works. In fact, the vf0 v2 also started as a Yamato project so we may only have 3 unaccounted for assuming the 0D isn't different from the S/A mold.

Ok, updating my list here of confirmed Arcadia reissues and based on the last releases before Yamato closed shop.

Confirmed

- VF-4G

- VF-1S/J + SSP + GBP

- VF-19Kai + Sound Booster

Unconfirmed

- VF-17S​

- VF-19S

- VF-11B/C

- VF-1A/D/X

- YF-21/VF-22

- VE-1

- VT-1

​- SDF-1 DYRL

^_^ Again, keeping the hope​ alive here people.

I'm kinda with Jenius. It's possible, likely even, that the various bits like Strike parts and the Sound Booster count as their own mold. Didn't Yamato release them separately too?

So, a reasonable question to ask might be: of those unconfirmed molds you listed, Noel, how of them were shelfwarmers in the Yamato days? A new company struggling to be profitable would most likely skip those. Which sold well after release? Those are probably the ones Arcadia grabbed.

Are we talking about "a mold" as the finished product or the physical production mold? Because can't one single toy be made with several different molds? Metal parts and plastic should at least be molded separately. Correct me if I'm wrong. How was Mr. K's phrasing exactly?

I'm kinda with Jenius. It's possible, likely even, that the various bits like Strike parts and the Sound Booster count as their own mold. Didn't Yamato release them separately too?

So, a reasonable question to ask might be: of those unconfirmed molds you listed, Noel, how of them were shelfwarmers in the Yamato days? A new company struggling to be profitable would most likely skip those. Which sold well after release? Those are probably the ones Arcadia grabbed.

Don't remember which is which. My list is more like a speculation based on what's the last batch Yamato released before closing down. I guess, as a new company they're probably go the safe route which is the VF-1's. I mean, even if VF-1 Hikaru has been released many times, people are still going to buy it for sure. Esp new comers.

I still would speculate that Arcadia's anemic production stems from licensing issues. I suspect BW gave Bandai whatever they wanted due to Bandai sponsoring Macross Delta (that seems like what any reasonable company would do). I think that if Arcadia could give us more VF-1 toys they would. The increased price of Arcadia's VF-1 toys may also reflect the licensing issues. Perhaps the SDF Macross license is now nearly prohibitively expensive based on a % of sales or maybe they have to buy temporary usage of the license rather than having exclusive ownership. It's a bummer but it would explain a lot of things. Maybe that's what BW is doing with all the licenses now.

The only thing is that if ever they do this it will only be catered to local customers since their store is not open to customers outside Japan. Unless they do it like Bandai/Nippon-Yasan. That any online shop exclusive should be paid upfront. And with today's Arcadia pricing a massive 1/3000 SDF will probably cost us more than $500.

Gd news. As I was surfing through Taobao (China version of ebay), saw a preorder for sdf1. Available July 2017 for 32,000yen!

This is what I got from there:

ARCADIA太空堡垒 1/3000 超时空要塞 SDF-1 母舰再版

1/3000 完全変形SDF-1 マクロス

2017年7月 出荷予定

予価: 35000円(税込)

やまとマクロスシリーズにマクロス艦登場!

1/2000プロトタイプレプリカキットを発売して約10ヶ月。本来のあるべき姿である完全変形シリーズ待望の「マクロス艦」をついにリリースいたします。

今回のマクロス艦は、リサイズによる見え方に併せての外装調整、関節などの強度確認による素材調整、要は全てを見直して修正をした物になります。併せてやまとらしいギミックも盛り込んだマクロス艦を、是非に遊び倒して頂けたら光栄です。

◆完全変形シリーズ最大

完全変形シリーズでは最大のサイズを誇ります!その大きさは全長で約40cm!「マクロス艦=巨大」でなくてはならない思いを十分に発揮しています。変形機構もほぼ設定にならっている徹底振りは圧巻です!

◆部位ごとの再調整

1/3000スケールを開発するにあたりサイズは勿論、艦の部位ごとの調整も十分に吟味、修正しました。視覚から入るマクロス艦のイメージを崩さないように、肩部と腕、脚部のボリュームアップを図り、「重量感」をも演出しています!

※1/2000での設計データをベースに、今回の完全変形?完成品化に伴い、再度検証、調整を行っています。

■材質:本体/ABS、POM、亜鉛合金、他

■商品サイズ:全長約400mm(要塞形態時)

■パッケージ形態:クローズドボックス

■パッケージサイズ:250mm×500mm×250mm(仮)

■付属品:ねじカバーパーツ各種/小型砲塔パーツ/アームドノズルパーツ/取扱説明書

2017年7月出货,定价35000日元,预定价格 2XXX

代理店缺件损件有售后补件,请大家放心预定!(售后时间1到2个月要从日本寄回配件大家见谅)

Edited by confuseguy

1/3000 SDF-1 DYRL? reissue/Arcadia issue?... something I skipped the first time around and have been kicking myself for it ever since will be available again?... for less than half the going rate for the original Yamato whenever it pops up on eBay?... If true... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Is that a choir of angels singing I hear?... :angel:

Edited by mechaninac

*snip*

Looks like a listing for a Yamato SDF-1. Asking price for it is 35000yen? The original Yamato was 32800yen so I would've expect it to be more than that.

Edited by wmkjr