Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Help me understand how my post illustrates that?

Pretty sure I was trying to be fair to all sides of the issue...

-b.

I was only using your popcorn comment as a reference to all the drama, the negativity, and the anger displayed by some of the board members here as they debated about Jenius' claim to Arcaida losing their VF-1 licence.

Then I remembered that he said something about everybody being too happy in the toy section, and he tease about wanting some drama. Well, the drama found him so it was very humorous situation.

You need to go re-read that thread. I made fun of someone who came into the thread asking why everyone was so happy. I teased that person by making it seem like they were demanding anger... you're taking the words I jokingly put in their mouth and putting them in mine.

You need to go re-read that thread. I made fun of someone who came into the thread asking why everyone was so happy. I teased that person by making it seem like they were demanding anger... you're taking the words I jokingly put in their mouth and putting them in mine.

Well, you didn't exactly quoted anyone while saying that. So, I just assumed that you were just throwing it out there.

In any case, it turns out to be very funny :lol: and we move on.

The whole post had to be a joke as he also used my quote chiding negative people to insinuate that I want negativity.

I was only using your popcorn comment as a reference to all the drama, the negativity, and the anger displayed by some of the board members here as they debated about Jenius' claim to Arcaida losing their VF-1 licence.

Then I remembered that he said something about everybody being too happy in the toy section, and he tease about wanting some drama. Well, the drama found him so it was very humorous situation.

Oh! Whoops. Sorry guys. ^_^

Back on topic, I'd still love for Arcadia to make the Max and Milia TV VF-1A Arcade Valkyries. I think the last time I mentioned that Jenius even suggested clear plastic, which would be amazing for exclusive or made-to-order releases.

-b.

Back on topic, I'd still love for Arcadia to make the Max and Milia TV VF-1A Arcade Valkyries. I think the last time I mentioned that Jenius even suggested clear plastic, which would be amazing for exclusive or made-to-order releases.

-b.

I am 100% convinced that Yamato was planning on doing that. They were going to do the in-universe-video game exclusives.

Edited by jenius

-b.

What was in the pipeline is all in this pic....No speculation or lucky guessing required...Arcadia can complete it if they wanted to....

gallery_12176_633_110769.jpg

I was at a local toy shop this afternoon and I was enquiring about an Arcadia RF VF-1S in the display window and the owner quoted me $350 for it. Appalled, I asked him why is it so expensive and he said to me that Arcadia has lost it's Macross license and won't be producing anymore SDF/DYRL Macross stuff. I tried pressing him for more details but all the would say is that he knew this from his HK "source".

Grr.... <_<

Edited by QEssential

:lol:

Welp. I guess the licensing discussion has grown up and should now get its own thread. I'm happy enough to keep living the dream here where options are still possible -- just around the corner -- wish lists are many, and jvmacross holds the line with Arcadia's big tease photo.

I mean it's up there again, and he must have copied and pasted it 100 times by now...

I was at a local toy shop this afternoon and I was enquiring about an Arcadia RF VF-1S in the display window and the owner quoted me $350 for it. Appalled, I asked him why is it so expensive and he said to me that Arcadia has lost it's Macross license and won't be producing anymore SDF/DYRL Macross stuff. I tried pressing him for more details but all the would say is that he knew this from his HK "source".

Grr.... <_<

Oh snap, here we go again. Where's Treatment and Jenius at?

pl_round2.png

everyone panic!!!

nNMrZzR.jpg

LOL, again, if the rumor is true, it wasn't the rumor that created the situation... My guess is that lots of people are now spreading the 'rumor' because of the Tamashii Nations show. Bandai is clearly making a big push for Macross so it's not hard to conclude that they're pushing other companies out.

Guys, there's a bright side here (assuming this is true). There's going to be lots of V2s available cheap some day... when the V3 is available either from Bandai or Arcadia in several years. When that happens you can either complete your V2 collection or make sure not to miss any V3s.

Hey guys! Please don't overreact! What the shop owner told me may or may not be true. But I just thought I'd report what exactly happened and what was said to me.

And remember, he has a motive for saying that - to mark up the price of the toy. :angry:

Always take whatever you read with a pinch of salt. Unless we hear it from Arcadia themselves.

Edited by QEssential

Grr.... <_<

Whoa this is bigger than just lost the M0, or M+ license! I thk tho Mr K still planning to make the M7 guitar?

From mr K's twitter feed Oct 30th...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSjJ4ZzUcAA4GiL.jpg:large

Plus as yeti mentioned there is "Sara's necklace? Shin's courting stick?" too :p

Anyway, dont gamble on rumours...if you like the valk buy it, else dont lose too much sleep over it. :)

Whoa this is bigger than just lost the M0, or M+ license! I thk tho Mr K still planning to make the M7 guitar?

From mr K's twitter feed Oct 30th...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSjJ4ZzUcAA4GiL.jpg:large

Plus as yeti mentioned there is "Sara's necklace? Shin's courting stick?" too :p

Anyway, dont gamble on rumours...if you like the valk buy it, else dont lose too much sleep over it. :)

No one is trying to imply Arcadia has NO Macross licenses. They'll still have a niche of some sort and it looks like they have zero locked up. Stuff like musical instruments and giant guns, resin kits, etc are probably still on the table. Hypothetically, I really wonder if the V2s couldn't be sold as assembly models? I mean, Arcadia was complaining about their factory? Why not skip half the work and sell us the V2s painted but unassembled. I'd be down with that.

No one is trying to imply Arcadia has NO Macross licenses. They'll still have a niche of some sort and it looks like they have zero locked up. Stuff like musical instruments and giant guns, resin kits, etc are probably still on the table. Hypothetically, I really wonder if the V2s couldn't be sold as assembly models? I mean, Arcadia was complaining about their factory? Why not skip half the work and sell us the V2s painted but unassembled. I'd be down with that.

Yup, I still consider them to be making macross toys, hence the reference to the guitars and stuff :D

Unassembled models hmmm....a more mature method of snap-fit so to speak? If they figure out how to make it not too difficult to assemble and if the assembled model is sturdy enough, thats a whole new market that can opened.

That would be the dawn of the valk mechanix series :p Just like the lego techics....

At time i do wish Mr K reads our forums (i dont know if he does since its in engrish..). So many awesome ideas to be explored!

Just I find it interesting that Bandai seems to be deliberately targeting Arcadia and to a certain extant Evolution Toys, by announcing many of the same models that both companies have done or are plannng to do:

What is sneaky bas**** in nihongo? :p

I thk bandai is going for market presence, and not let one particular company monopolise a "line".

Implementation wise its going in like the old microsoft way. Slower to market, then releasing close to alternative products. However unlike microsoft, Bandai is offering quite competitive quality products with their tampo and engineering.

1/100 to 1/60 aside, the fact that the 1/100 gets a SAP, thats added value there, in addition to the price point. It also got me thinking abt the 1/100 vf-0s announcement.

Bottom line, the company that adds more value usually gets the customers vote.

Most of these rumors seem to revolve around these licenses being exclusive, which it seems like they've never really been. Bandai and Arcadia have been releasing transforming toys from the same series in a competing market for a while, as were Yamato before them. The fact that they were in different scales seems to be more of a question of competitive semantics- why release a toy that a competing company effectively already made? The one exception was seemingly Frontier, which bandai had a (limited time) exclusive licence on, being the series primary sponsor, which makes perfect sense. All I'm seeing is Bandai being more bold about producing toys for a licence they'd previously been more cautious with. My take was that the DX VF-19 seemed like Bandai testing the waters to see if we'd really double-dip. We did. Now They're expanding further. There's been zero indication that anything has changed as far as Acadia is concerned.

Hey guys! Please don't overreact! What the shop owner told me may or may not be true. But I just thought I'd report what exactly happened and what was said to me.

And remember, he has a motive for saying that - to mark up the price of the toy. :angry:

Always take whatever you read with a pinch of salt. Unless we hear it from Arcadia themselves.

A shop owner lie to make a few extra bucks? No way! I've always known them to be an honest and trustworthy bunch. :p

He probably did read it on here.

Just I find it interesting that Bandai seems to be deliberately targeting Arcadia and to a certain extant Evolution Toys, by announcing many of the same models that both companies have done or are plannng to do:

Personally Bandai would not gain my business for the Hi Metal R line even if Arcadia couldn't produce 1/60 VF-1's anymore.

Now if they were doing a DX scale VF-1 (no, not the 1/35) to be in-scale with their Macross Frontier items, then they'd get my $$$.

Just have to wait and see. Which is hard when most information is only a click or web search away.

-b.

Bandai had done that before against Yamato with almost the same variants (HiMetal 1/100 and 1/55). It's only recently now that they have returned and improved on it as HM-R, but Yamato is gone and Arcadia is currently not producing any of the VF-1 or destroid lines. Bandai could've shown their 1/35 when the Yammie 1/48 ruled the market. Right now, Arcadia has pretty much priced themselves out to compete effectively against the HM-R line.

As for ET, they're actually a more direct head-to-head competitor to Bandai in the gokin/super-robot line. Some are even really scale-to-scale same robot characters. They offer a more varied competition since they actually have more stuff to offer than Arcadia. The engineering on their products were either average or so-so, tho, yet they strangely have quite a following.

I reckon Bandai's just being regularly reactive during TN-2015 when they showed their VF-2SS and VF-4, albeit in HM-R scale instead of 1/60 like ET and Arcadia.

Heck! I'm still waiting for Bandai to release the SRC God Mars they showed last year on TN-2014. They've only released SRC God Sigma that was also shown alongside with it, but it was such a disappointment to fans and to sales that it's been on fire-sale a month or so after release. ET has already released their larger God Mars magnetic version, but it's not on inventory-clearing fire-sale like Bandai's God Sigma.

What will be really interesting is if ET buys Arcadia thru a merge. It'll boost ET's products in terms of better engineering and stuff. However, it'll most likely jack their pricing to even more ridiculous levels.

Edited by treatment

Well, that's an easy choice for us, Arcadia! Macrossworlders never return defective products! Macrossworlders never stop buying Valkyrie toys! Go spread the word. Let every toy company assembled know the truth of this. Let each among them search his own soul. And while you're at it, search your own.

What is sneaky bas**** in nihongo? :p

I thk bandai is going for market presence, and not let one particular company monopolise a "line".

Implementation wise its going in like the old microsoft way. Slower to market, then releasing close to alternative products. However unlike microsoft, Bandai is offering quite competitive quality products with their tampo and engineering.

1/100 to 1/60 aside, the fact that the 1/100 gets a SAP, thats added value there, in addition to the price point. It also got me thinking abt the 1/100 vf-0s announcement.

Bottom line, the company that adds more value usually gets the customers vote.

Kuso yarou. :ph34r:

You're thinking that the 1/100 VF-0's might come with Fast Packs, Ghost Boosters, or Reative Armor via web store exclusives? ;)

Kuso yarou. :ph34r:

You're thinking that the 1/100 VF-0's might come with Fast Packs, Ghost Boosters, or Reative Armor via web store exclusives? ;)

Yeah tot has crossed my mind a few times! if they r indeed releasing the 1/100 0s, it's a gamble if they will release any other sets, cos I don't thk m0 is as popular as sdfm/dyrl to warrant multiple releases of a same valk but w addons.

Plus I don't thk hi metals release lone add on packs, do they?

Yeah tot has crossed my mind a few times! if they r indeed releasing the 1/100 0s, it's a gamble if they will release any other sets, cos I don't thk m0 is as popular as sdfm/dyrl to warrant multiple releases of a same valk but w addons.

Plus I don't thk hi metals release lone add on packs, do they?

Regarding Macross Zero, you'll never know, sir. You'll never know. ;)

Wait, remember the display stand and sound boosters for the Hi-Metal VF-19 Fire Valk? Those are exclusives.

post-5552-0-44859600-1446838155_thumb.jpg