Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

How is it counter-productive? My stating "I think they lost the license" doesn't actually impact whether they have or not. The toy industry doesn't produce negative news releases so Arcadia isn't going to tell you they don't have the license any more... well, Mr. K might on twitter if you ask him. Maybe someone should try that. Otherwise, the absence of product is all we have to go off of. Bandai didn't go 1/60 though so there's definitely a door of possibility there.

Exactly.

You got nothing but personal speculation that you keep hyping in every other thread here lately.

Bandai does not have any 1/60 VF-1 shown or lined up during TN-2015.

There are still people here hoping to get Arcadia to re-release the other 1/60 VF-1 (VF-1, M&M, FPs, VE-1, etc, etc) stuff.

What you're doing is quite counter-productive since you really got nothing but speculation.

If you got official confirmation, just tell us straight about it.

Otherwise, just stop implying that Arcadia lost the 1/60 VF-1 license in every thread you're participating.

But I think they lost the license... I don't get what the problem is? Again, I can't impact reality with my thoughts. You don't have to worry that I'm going to convince BW to pull the license from Arcadia if they still do have it. What if people are assuming Arcadia has the license and Arcadia has lost it and they hadn't considered that? I'd say I'm doing these folks a service by pointing out the likelihood that they should reconsider what they're waiting for. It's not like I go around stating "Arcadia has definitely lost the license." I say things like "I think..." "it seems to me..." or what have you. Worst case scenario is someone sees my comment and says "Jeez, I hope that guy is wrong." Then, if I'm wrong, they'll feel relieved when Arcadia makes an announcement. No harm, no foul.

The problem and the harm is that you keep repeating your speculation every chance you get here and possibly other threads.

It's ok to say it once or twice. We all do speculating and stuff.

But to keep parroting the same unconfirmed stuff is to unnecessarily hype it up and it becomes highly suspicious of you and whatever your intentions are about it. It's like you're really just shilling for Bandai and I'm not even sure you're getting paid for it or what. The only service you're doing is down Arcadia and the folks here that are waiting for them to re-release the 1/60 stuff they want.

I don't like Arcadia's high pricing as much as the other guy, but seriously, we all don't need to get even more mis-informed repeatedly about an unconfirmed licensing loss.

I'm not sure I understand the issue here Treatment. You're certainly entitled to your opinion and expressing that opinion, but I personally fail to see how Jenius speculating about license status is going to have a harmful effect. If anything it will do the reverse. People might buy Arcadia in the hopes that they might get something before (if) Arcadia announces they won't be doing any more of something they don't have a license for. I don't see how that would cause folks to "buy Bandai" instead.

Can you imagine if we'd have months warning that Yamato was going to fold? Actually, perhaps we did - I was admittedly out of the loop during this period and only got back into after the "Great Yamato Panic" was well and truly over. But for me, if I'd heard someone saying they thought Yamato wouldn't last, I'd have been more proactive in buying what little I could at the time.

I know, we're not discussing Arcadia completely closing down here, just that they may not have the SDFM license anymore.

Anyway, I respect both your positions. Just wanted to inject another viewpoint.

Edited by mickyg

Doing it repeatedly is harmful. Especially if it's completely unconfirmed.

It'll drive up the pricing of the remaining Yamato 1/60 stuff even higher than they are now.

That's not what we all want, unless you're really just trying to maximize your profit in reselling your Yamato 1/60 stuff that people are wanting and trying to influence people to buy now instead of later when a re-release might just actually occur.

Since Arcadia announced the VF-4G re-release, the pricing on the Yamato-version has plummeted from 75k-yen to 68k-yen at least at Jungle. Dunno how much it plummeted the ebay and other scalper pricing everywhere else.

Heck! It's actually around just 48k-yen now at B-grade.

No doubt, one thing that Bandai has over Arcadia is marketing. And the news this week was exciting.

But after taking time to think about it more over the weekend, I do still want to focus on 1/60-scale Macross toys. Whatever I get from Bandai's 1/100 HM-R will be a fun way to mix things up. I do plan to get as many enemies and destroids as I can. I probably will not get too many Valkyries in that smaller scale.

What I'd love to see from Arcadia is better prices at some point. Better quality from the factory (less QC issues reported on the forum) and reissues of more SDF-TV Valkyries. Specifically, the VF-1 M&M Super Valkyries that were rumored to be in the schedule. I'm already in for most of the Macross Zero stuff next year, and I can't wait for news on what will come after that. I'm also hoping for a TV SDF-1 at 1/3000 scale. I do think that is one unique way in which Arcadia could respond to Bandai's news of the 1/1800 SDF-1.

Guest davidwhangchoi

what happened to the days of: pics or it never happened... or link please? (meaning proof)

personal opinions do not start with the words "my sources tell me..."

it's scoopdaa tabloid claiming Minmay slept with Hikaru.

We need more proof! We need the extended directors cut edition!!! :lol::lol:

Showing further proofs would require me to post image that are NSFW.

Besides, only Mr. Kawamori have the only copy of the DYRL rated X special edition director cut in existence. You can find it on his desk next to a box of tissue and the bottle of vaseline.

Doing it repeatedly is harmful. Especially if it's completely unconfirmed.

It'll drive up the pricing of the remaining Yamato 1/60 stuff even higher than they are now.

That's not what we all want, unless you're really just trying to maximize your profit in reselling your Yamato 1/60 stuff that people are wanting and trying to influence people to buy now instead of later when a re-release might just actually occur.

Since Arcadia announced the VF-4G re-release, the pricing on the Yamato-version has plummeted from 75k-yen to 68k-yen at least at Jungle. Dunno how much it plummeted the ebay and other scalper pricing everywhere else.

Heck! It's actually around just 48k-yen now at B-grade.

With all due respect -- I think you're overestimating how much influence on aftermarket prices a few guys making anonymous speculations on an Internet message board can have. The VF-4G prices are being affected by an actual announcement from Arcadia that a reissue is coming. So far, we've heard nothing official from any company regarding licenses, just lots of idle talk of what might be going on. I don't think aftermarket valk prices are THAT volatile that they can't withstand the slightest bit of gossip.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Yeah... pretty sure I can't affect prices and sadly I've sold off all my V2s except the ones I'm planning on keeping for comparisons to future generations of toys and some very low value CFs.

Is there a trade show coming up where Arcadia would be announcing more product? They're not going to tell you explicitly they lost the license just like toy companies never tell you when something becomes vaporware. Is there a time frame at which it becomes okay for me to voice my opinion again?

The problem with gossiping and rumor-mongering is that it spreads beyond here. I know I've read about it at TFW already.

There is so much more to talk about different Macross stuff than to keep gossiping and rumor-mongering that Arcadia lost the 1/60 VF-1 license.

We all don't know if they did or not.

If jenius or anybody else has an actual confirmation, then just tell us all about it.

Otherwise, stop the gossiping and rumor-mongering.

I keep repeating it because I believe it to be true... but I keep also stating it's just my belief. I'm not really convinced any one is harmed by it. The after market reflects pricing that shows a company that went under and a second company that has not produced many toys... this rumor should theoretically LOWER after market prices because it indicates that another company might start making a new generation of toys. Who wants to be stuck with the old stuff when something new could be in the pipeline? I get where you're coming from, speculation can be annoying, but like I said, we're dealing with an industry that isn't open so speculation and rumor is going to happen. I'm sorry my speculation has rubbed you the wrong way, I'll try to be a bit less vocal about it for a while.

Speculation is par for the course in this type of fandom. Arcadia at one point mentioned 1 new mold a year with possible yamato re-issues sprinkled in, correct? Aside from arcadia coming out and announcing that they have lost licenses we won't know until we see what they have to offer next year. Bandai's veritable hurricane of recent Macross announcements makes one thing clear. It is a good time to be a fan of the property.

I hope Arcadia stays in the game, but where are the easy money releases people have been vocal about asking for? We are seeing a reissue of the VF-4, but no super/strike parts? Those parts could come from SDFM, or DYRL. Somethings fishy. Curious to see what will come after the VF-0 reactive armor. The CF VF-0 isn't a new mold.

For Pete'a sake we just this year got the VF-1J. I think it's a little premature to think they don't have the VF-1 license anymore. I'd give it more time. But, I'm fine if anyone keeps speculating that they did. Doesn't bother me in the least, nor does it affect any reality for Arcadia. I concur with those that don't see any harm in it.

I'll be patient and wait for them to re-release the VT-1. That baby will be mine and then we can have peace. :p

Edited by sharky

I keep repeating it because I believe it to be true... but I keep also stating it's just my belief. I'm not really convinced any one is harmed by it. The after market reflects pricing that shows a company that went under and a second company that has not produced many toys... this rumor should theoretically LOWER after market prices because it indicates that another company might start making a new generation of toys. Who wants to be stuck with the old stuff when something new could be in the pipeline? I get where you're coming from, speculation can be annoying, but like I said, we're dealing with an industry that isn't open so speculation and rumor is going to happen. I'm sorry my speculation has rubbed you the wrong way, I'll try to be a bit less vocal about it for a while.

You can say what you want but please back up your claims and justify your words - why do you believe what you believe. :5:

Speculation is par for the course in this type of fandom. Arcadia at one point mentioned 1 new mold a year with possible yamato re-issues sprinkled in, correct? Aside from arcadia coming out and announcing that they have lost licenses we won't know until we see what they have to offer next year. Bandai's veritable hurricane of recent Macross announcements makes one thing clear. It is a good time to be a fan of the property.

I hope Arcadia stays in the game, but where are the easy money releases people have been vocal about asking for? We are seeing a reissue of the VF-4, but no super/strike parts? Those parts could come from SDFM, or DYRL. Somethings fishy. Curious to see what will come after the VF-0 reactive armor. The CF VF-0 isn't a new mold.

It could be just a matter of manufacturing-schedule.

I reckon Arcadia does not have all the factories, tooling nor even the capital to do what even Yamato used to be able to do to churn out multiple lines at regular schedule.

As far as we're seeing, they can really only do one line at a time. Therefore the seeming delays on the FPs and the VF-1 lines.

edit:

Additionally, I think Mr.K seems to have already alluded to the difficulties of basically re-training their current factory staff on how to do even the basic proper coloring and stuff.

Other than the garish 30th-anniversary valk, the only VF-1 they've released so far were the white VF-1 that required possibly the minimum of coloring and tampo-printing stuff. These white VF-1 were prolly from their old unsold stock of the unfurnished Yamato-kits since we've seen how the pinkish hue effect were somehow kinda similar.

Edited by treatment

whats left in M0 arcadia hasnt done? 0b,0c? Cheyenne? The f-14? Theres got to b something after the reactive...

I don't think they can do the Cheyenne since I think Bandai has that in lieu of Frontier and Delta licenses.

Other than the Reactive Armor, Mr.K did teased about trying to re-do the SV-51.