Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I agree Kaneda. Besides, Bandai bankrolling the Frontier series was supposed the be their death knell and Yamato came back as Arcadia. If anything they should do is finish up the release of the Zero series and return to the VF-1 line if they don't have any immediate plans for any unproduced Valkyries. There are plenty of releases to revisit in the VF-1 line that could keep them occupied for over a year.

This.

The Arcadia VF-1S releases were 16,800 JPY before discount and with current exchange rates it's closer to $ 140. Would love for Arcadia to be able to revisit the VF-1 line, there's enough market to support 1/100 from those other folks and 1/60 from Arcadia.

-b.

i dont understand tho how bandai could be thinking abt releasing 1/60 M+ and M7 valks if arcadia already produces some valks at the sama scale. Furthermore if the 1/35 vf1 is released that may be priced at arcadia's levelling prices, given the scale and lightnings features.

To date there has been no direct, head-to-head, apples to apples, Bandai vs. Arcadia product challenge. The closest the two companies came was Arcadia's YF-19 vs. Bandai's VF-19 Advance and both products did well, with both holding or exceeding their value on the secondary market.

If Bandai opts to get into Macross 7 then rock-on since it looks like that bridge was mostly crossed by Yamato, and a YF-19 makes sense for Bandai to capitalize on the mold since the VF-19 Advance is essentially the same Valkryie, just with way too much tampo print. :p

There is room for Bandai's 1/100 line, their teased 1/35 VF-1 and the 1/60 ish Frontier Era Valks.

There is room for Arcadia's 1/60 Macross Zero, Digital Mission and occasional SDF:M or DYRL release.

But hey, look at all of the kewl memes. :lol:

-b.

No....but perhaps it will be for Arcadia? ;):rolleyes:

But....let's hope not....I still want that Battle7 that Yamato hinted at! -_-

Perhaps.

It'll be awesome to read about how everyone laments their absence. It'll be deja vu all over again.

But seriously, we already know what's next for Arcadia;

VF-0S

VF-4

Reactive Armor

All releases that people on this board have been clamoring for, which accounts for some small market share. I guess we should hope for bankruptcy directly after those all sell out. :blink:

-b.

I wonder how much they'd have to pay for the FB2012 license to rerelease the VF-4 in the colours everyone wants?

If they were to pay for it and hike the price by $100 people would probably buy it and it might be a stay of execution.

While it's exciting to watch Bandai set out their stall for world domination (where the world is HG compliant) of Macross products,

I feel uneasy that we may be denied future Arcadia goodness if they are simply priced out of the game due to licensing issues.

Perhaps.

It'll be awesome to read about how everyone laments their absence. It'll be deja vu all over again.

But seriously, we already know what's next for Arcadia;

VF-0S

VF-4

Reactive Armor

All releases that people on this board have been clamoring for, which accounts for some small market share. I guess we should hope for bankruptcy directly after those all sell out. :blink:

-b.

Truly, you've hit the nail on the head Kanedas Bike. No one knows what they have until it's gone.

I'm happy about the Bandai's announcements, but I share your confusion with certain posts. It's odd seeing the awkward comedy/sarcasm wishing for Arcadia to fold. If nothing else, I hope they receive the news well and become even more passionate for their own designs. I'd love to see them make some leaps next year and bring more new things to market. If Bandai is bringing a flood, then I think that makes for a great opportunity that Arcadia can use to debut unique molds and reissue rare paint schemes.

Edited by technoblue

Truly, you've hit the nail on the head Kanedas Bike. No one knows what they have until it's gone.

I'm happy about the Bandai's announcements, but I share your confusion with certain posts. It's odd seeing the awkward comedy/sarcasm wishing for Arcadia to fold. If nothing else, I hope they receive the news well and become even more passionate for their own designs. I'd love to see them make some leaps next year and bring more new things to market. If Bandai is bringing a flood, then I think that makes for a great opportunity that Arcadia can use to debut unique molds and reissue rare paint schemes.

Thank you sir, and 10,000 % agreed.

-b.

Personally, I don't want to see Arcadia to go out of business. But, let's be honest here. Arcadia is a small company, and Bandai is a large corporation. If both side come to blow with release battle (or any sort of battles for that matter) Arcadia will get crushed by Bandai through sheer capital alone.

Though I do wish Arcadia can revisit some of their rarer Yamato releases, if licencing isn't an issue.

Haters are going to hate. Most of us have enjoyed Macross toy and model releases from various manufactures. And I think support for the franchise is strong enough to support multiple releases from various manufacturers.

LOL...

I don't think anyone is wishing for the demise of Arcadia....just some harmless goofing due to the events of the day....

Sheesh....so sensitive....but understanable considering the history of this company....

Yeah, a lot of sensitive people on right now.

Also, stay away from the Macross Delta thread in the TV series section if you don't anything nice to say about Delta. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Personally, I don't want to see Arcadia to go out of business. But, let's be honest here. Arcadia is a small company, and Bandai is a large corporation. If both side come to blow with release battle (or any sort of battles for that matter) Arcadia will get crushed by Bandai through sheer capital alone.

Though I do wish Arcadia can revisit some of their rarer Yamato releases, if licencing isn't an issue.

Very true, Bandai can outspend Arcadia any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

But they're not going for the same items. In this particular hobby scale of item really does matter. Let Bandai do legacy Macross in 1/100, 1/35 and Frontier era in 1/60.

Arcadia can do other properties like VF-X, Zero, SDF:M and DYRL in 1/60.

There really is enough room to go around. Arcadia just has to be very strategic in how and what they release as they cannot (may not) be able to absorb losses from an unpopular release.

Haters are going to hate. Most of us have enjoyed Macross toy and model releases from various manufactures. And I think support for the franchise is strong enough to support multiple releases from various manufacturers.

Yup.

LOL...

I don't think anyone is wishing for the demise of Arcadia....just some harmless goofing due to the events of the day....

Sheesh....so sensitive....but understanable considering the history of this company....

My friend you haven't read all of the posts, and yes - sensitive to the fact that I want all the options I can get with regards to buying Macross toys.

Besides, Arcadia, all-in-all, does some really good work.

Oh oh pictures are leaking out from the tamashii nations hall and guess what there seems to be a FB:2012 display! equating to skull tampo's on a certain 1/100 VF-4..

Really hope this gets released, just to see all of the comments once people actually have a Valk like this in 1/100 scale.

And like someone else said, pics or it didn't happen (I'll go check the other thread now).

-b.

Yep, just saw it.

Point remains, a Valk in 1/100 scale does not trump (or really even compete with) one in 1/60.

And to be clear, my point is, and always has been, there's enough room for both companies to exist. I'm sensitive like that. :D

-b.

I think the hardest Arcadia would be hit is losing what ever Macross licencing they have to other manufacturers.. not producing anything Macross won't bankrupt them as its not their only line of products. Of course it all adds up at the end of the day but to be honest I don't even thinks its that big for them on the overall scheme of things.

so, 1/100 instead of 1/60. roflmao!

Reckon Bandai's just restarting their HM line, hence HM-R. They've always had the 1/100 license, didn't they?

So what/which license is Arcadia losing again?

Who started this shenanigan about Arcadia losing licenses, anyway?

Edited by treatment

Well, having a very successful 1/100 might not be a direct challenge to Arcadia's 1/60 line, but it could be a indirect one.

Most fan don't have an unlimited budgets to buy Macross toys. So, if any of us decided to get into Bandai's 1/100 line, that's going to take money away from us buying Arcadia's 1/60 stuffs.

Well, having a very successful 1/100 might not be a direct challenge to Arcadia's 1/60 line, but it could be a indirect one.

Most fan don't have an unlimited budgets to buy Macross toys. So, if any of us decided to get into Bandai's 1/100 line, that's going to take money away from us buying Arcadia's 1/60 stuffs.

iirc, Bandai always had their 1/100 line competing head-to-head against Yamato's 1/60. Hi-Metal, VF/100, something else?

Didn't quite work out for them, until Yamato got hit hard by the worldwide economy downturn a few years ago.

iirc, Bandai always had their 1/100 line competing head-to-head against Yamato's 1/60. Hi-Metal, VF/100, something else?

Didn't quite work out for them, until Yamato got hit hard by the worldwide economy downturn a few years ago.

Didn't Bandai's old 1/100 line failed due to poor quality of the toys itself?

If they can fix that with their future Hi-metal releases and gain a following, this line might be successful this time around.

Of course, I would much rather have a true transformable valk in 1/60 scale, but the selling point of the 1/100 hi-metal line are price and variety.

well that goes without saying as most of the other stuff they do is junk im not even remotely interested in.. :rolleyes:;)

Well, they got those SD-ish Getters.

Which are supposedly gokins and are actually pretty kewl stuff according to Chachi/RocketPunchArmy.

You never know. They might just do official SD-ish Macross stuff instead of their exorbitant 1/60 line.

post-263-0-90397000-1446174434_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Well, they got those SD-ish Getters.

Which are supposedly gokins and are actually pretty kewl stuff according to Chachi/RocketPunchArmy.

You never know. They might just do official SD-ish Macross stuff instead of their exorbitant 1/60 line.

like I said.. they don't do a much other stuff that im even remotely interested in.. and those things sure as hell ain't one of them! ;):p

Edited by spanner76