Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I'd be fine with bandai and their delta stuff. But there is genuine opportunity here for arcadia to do more of the rare or classic valks that have demand. vf-2ss, vf-5000b, their own versions of yf-21 and vf-11. I'd kill to see their vf-11. there is plenty for them to do, while bandai takes care of delta. plus a new series will indeed renew interest in the series, and that would inevitable lead people to nostalgia and also bring new costumers to be interested on discoverign oild series and older mechs.

win win for everyone. odayum!, so there is so much goodness coming our way...

The question is if there are any Valkyries out there that have enough demand to legitimate a 1/60th PT high-end toy that hasn't been done by Yamato/Arcadia. If you look at Arcadia releases they are all Valkyries that have been done previously by Yamato (even if the VF-0D was first it is a variant of the of the VF-0A/S). I would say no.

The only one that has the potential would be a VF-5000 due to its appearance in the Macross Dynamite 7. Than again it wasn't the heroes vehicle so who knows.

Releasing a V3 VF-1 might be a risk because the collectors are decked out with the V2 which is a strong representation of the original Valkyrie. Maybe the sales for the VF-1 reissues from Arcadia weren't that strong to warrant even the release of the rest of Skull Squadron let alone a complete new VF-1 mold.

A overhaul of the YF-21 seems also risky because the only repaint potential are the VF-22S that shelf-warmed massively with the last iteration of the toy.

I think a release of the SDF-1 TV-Version would be possible because it is likely that Arcadia has the Yamato molds and designing two ships doesn't seem that hard. A very limited made to order run of the VF-11B/C might also be possible given the after market value of the VF-11C but I don't see enough potential buyers for a full production run.

What would be cool would be a VF-11MAXL (might sell because of Mylene) that result in a new VF-11B/C as a remold similar to the VF-0D -> VF-0A/S.

Maybe Arcadia is hoping that Bandai let go the Frontier license.

The question is if there are any Valkyries out there that have enough demand to legitimate a 1/60th PT high-end toy that hasn't been done by Yamato/Arcadia. If you look at Arcadia releases they are all Valkyries that have been done previously by Yamato (even if the VF-0D was first it is a variant of the of the VF-0A/S). I would say no.

The only one that has the potential would be a VF-5000 due to its appearance in the Macross Dynamite 7. Than again it wasn't the heroes vehicle so who knows.

Releasing a V3 VF-1 might be a risk because the collectors are decked out with the V2 which is a strong representation of the original Valkyrie. Maybe the sales for the VF-1 reissues from Arcadia weren't that strong to warrant even the release of the rest of Skull Squadron let alone a complete new VF-1 mold.

A overhaul of the YF-21 seems also risky because the only repaint potential are the VF-22S that shelf-warmed massively with the last iteration of the toy.

I think a release of the SDF-1 TV-Version would be possible because it is likely that Arcadia has the Yamato molds and designing two ships doesn't seem that hard. A very limited made to order run of the VF-11B/C might also be possible given the after market value of the VF-11C but I don't see enough potential buyers for a full production run.

What would be cool would be a VF-11MAXL (might sell because of Mylene) that result in a new VF-11B/C as a remold similar to the VF-0D -> VF-0A/S.

Maybe Arcadia is hoping that Bandai let go the Frontier license.

It does seems perplexing and not clear cut what would like be arcadia's next move.

They would need to do something radical i feel. A bit like releasing the reactive armour(which has never been done b4 in 1/60 and is a obvious extension of the 0s).

Else does arcadia have sufficient clout to maintain their pricing at this level for a longer term?

The only other clear fan fav i see that hasnt been done b4 is the destroid mk3...but destroids seem to be an acquired taste in 1/60 scale, or i would say not an immediate insta-buy amongst the general toy collector base. Not to mention the amount of plastic would mean it costing even higher.

Since we know the next 4 releases that would likely fill the gaps for the next 6 - 8 months...most likely what's being discussed here, would be end 2016/2017 arcadia releases and If so, it boggles the mind that what else would arcadia pull from their hat...

I've often thought that given the incredible fan love and popularity for the original VF-1 Valkyrie that similar designed VFs would be the obvious choices once the major stuff had been exhausted. Because the VF-1 is the major economic draw, anything like it would likely sell better? I would think stuff like the VF-3000 Crusader or the VF-2SS Valkyrie II would be the safest choices given how VF-1-like they are.

hmmm, i'm pretty sure the vf-1 arcadia reissues (not the 1j clown deco one) sold out fairly quickly. they are going for quite premium in the after market it seems too. i am regretting selling my fast pack sets though as i thought arcadia would have reissued them by now (the reason i sold them). if arcadia does reissue though i will be super happy. they should do both tv and sdfm versions. they should throw in a strike cannon with the tv version too even if its not canon. also i think the coloring should be slightly different for the tv vs dyrl.

I've often thought that given the incredible fan love and popularity for the original VF-1 Valkyrie that similar designed VFs would be the obvious choices once the major stuff had been exhausted. Because the VF-1 is the major economic draw, anything like it would likely sell better? I would think stuff like the VF-3000 Crusader or the VF-2SS Valkyrie II would be the safest choices given how VF-1-like they are.

hmm hard to say as it is still a legacy valk, and bandai is also releasing the hi-metal line which offers an alternative (altho not in 1/60 scale).

I would say its hard to judge the demand for it. The other main point is that would you have an attractive enough release to steal the thunder off the newer DELTA valks released by bandai's DX lines which would also be cheaper?

hmmm, i'm pretty sure the vf-1 arcadia reissues (not the 1j clown deco one) sold out fairly quickly. they are going for quite premium in the after market it seems too. i am regretting selling my fast pack sets though as i thought arcadia would have reissued them by now (the reason i sold them). if arcadia does reissue though i will be super happy. they should do both tv and sdfm versions. they should throw in a strike cannon with the tv version too even if its not canon. also i think the coloring should be slightly different for the tv vs dyrl.

Yea those add onn packs do spice up ur valk a fair bit. With so much competition for the $$ though, often it gets relegated to a buy when I have the spare cash......

Differently colored TV super parts already exist.

super%20parts%20tv_zpsgkhi9bea.jpg

I hope Arcadia reissues them too, though they'll probably be substantially more expensive than when Yamato released them. But can't be any worse than the current aftermarket prices. :huh:

i have a set of those...i think they are slightly too similar to the dyrl ones in color. just my opinion or eyes maybe.

The 1/60v2 VF-1 are quite light and tight, even with the FPs on. Quite sturdy.

It's prolly the only valk that you can really swoosh around without fear of things/parts falling out and stuff.

Funny, one of the things I love about the VF-1. It's light. I don't measure quality by how heavy things are.

Bankruptcy would suck for all of us imo. It would give one mfg the whole 1/60 pt toy market and that is always a bad thing in any industry. Once there is only one they tend to get complacent and quality goes down without competition.

Bankruptcy would suck for all of us imo. It would give one mfg the whole 1/60 pt toy market and that is always a bad thing in any industry. Once there is only one they tend to get complacent and quality goes down without competition.

Agreed, as much as I like Bandai, I don't want them to be the only game in town.

Monopoly usually doesn't bound well for the consumers.

Quality is going to go down and price is going to go up. Not good at all.

But did Yamato actually go bankrupt or was it only a restructuring which evolved them into Arcadia?

Yes it would suck if they did fall by the wayside and Bandai be the only company to be in the game. Im sure the people running the company know what they are doing and maybe the way they are doing things now is them simply playing it safe!?

The good things is that Macross toys aren't their only line of products but the way some people speculate about the way they do business makes it out to be that way.

Its getting real competitive but hopefully we can see price drops..I do realise its not a fair comparison between 1/100 and 1/60 but i do thk anything that fills "the need to own it" gap could take demand away from something more expensive...after all not everyone has a money tree...

If Bandai release max and millia VF-1J WITH SP in his HMR line....I hope Arcadia do the same with his 1/60 scale line....and this will become a hit to hit battle.

I would love to see some releases battle between Bandai and Arcadia. Not sure if that's a smart business decision though. Both sides are going to take some losses doing that.

ARCADIA you gotta put out that 1/60 destorid cheyenne pronto!! With delta trailer showing it, you better get a move on b4 bandai beats ya to it!!

hmm, i can see Arcadia releasing the Cheyenne for 200 bucks each.

I'm guessing that with Bandai's reveal of the 1/1800 DYRL SDF-1 that It's now a safe assumption that we'll never see the Yamato 1/3000 mould released again. Not that there was much hope.

So, 1/1800 DYRL Macross is going to be the new holy grail?

I'm guessing that with Bandai's reveal of the 1/1800 DYRL SDF-1 that It's now a safe assumption that we'll never see the Yamato 1/3000 mould released again. Not that there was much hope.

My understanding of the Japanese licensing deals is that they are bound to a specific scale and style of toy (i.e. PT, non transforming action figure, statue). If this is true that Arcadia could secure the 1/3000 PT license for DYRL? and release it. Personally I would prefer a 1/300 SDF:1 since 1/1800 is too large for my display areas.

Edited by Scyla

My understanding of the Japanese licensing deals is that they are bound to a specific scale and style of toy (i.e. PT, non transforming action figure, statue). If this is true that Arcadia could secure the 1/3000 PT license for DYRL? and release it. Personally I would prefer a 1/300 SDF:1 since 1/1800 is too large for my display areas.

This makes sense to me. Also, I cannot fit that large scale SDF-1 anywhere at home and would like to see the smaller version reissued again someday (in SDFM or DYRL colors).

I concur, but I think they will be fine. With all of Bandai's announcements today it doesn't appear that they have the 1/60 license for the legacy valks. The 1/60 scale is my preferred scale for Macross fighters and battroids. The 1/00 scale while offering a lot of possibilities pales in comparison to anything released in 1/60 scale. They remind of Hasbro's upscaling from 3 inch action figures to 6 inch figures. Its hard to go back to something so small especially since the Hi Metal R line is so difficult to acquire and the cost of the bare Valkyrie is around $70 USD and a 1/60 VF-1 last retailed around $120 USD.

I'd gladly pay a little more for something that will display better in my collection and is also PT.

I concur, but I think they will be fine. With all of Bandai's announcements today it doesn't appear that they have the 1/60 license for the legacy valks. The 1/60 scale is my preferred scale for Macross fighters and battroids. The 1/00 scale while offering a lot of possibilities pales in comparison to anything released in 1/60 scale. They remind of Hasbro's upscaling from 3 inch action figures to 6 inch figures. Its hard to go back to something so small especially since the Hi Metal R line is so difficult to acquire and the cost of the bare Valkyrie is around $70 USD and a 1/60 VF-1 last retailed around $120 USD.

I'd gladly pay a little more for something that will display better in my collection and is also PT.

This.

The Arcadia VF-1S releases were 16,800 JPY before discount and with current exchange rates it's closer to $ 140. Would love for Arcadia to be able to revisit the VF-1 line, there's enough market to support 1/100 from those other folks and 1/60 from Arcadia.

-b.