Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

So, most MWF-members' reaction to the upcoming VF-4G re-release:

25DyVJx.jpg

:bump:

Well I guess that is the kind that you try to keep bent over :p

On a more serious note, I am glad for the reissue for one it will allow all that missed it to not get raped on secondary market pricing. The other reason is that the first time around I bought 2 and one of them had the arm fall off with no resistance. I think the die-cast had a bubble in it and it just separated without any pressure at all :(. I left that one in fighter mode as it will still stay on in fighter mode and I also kept it around in case I needed spare parts for the good one I had.

Sure, just add some tempo and change the color to Red, Tan and Yellow. Call it the Angry Birds and release it under Macross Delta.

Angry_Birds_promo_art.png

It was a joke.

As far as what I want from Bandai, I'm more interested in any new Valkyries from Macross Delta than any other old valk designs, and I'm sure Bandai would focus on Delta valk rather than the VF-1. I'm just saying it could and how it would happen if Bandai decided to release them.

Anyway, We're getting off topic here. This isn't the thread to talk about potential future Bandai releases.

This might have already been posted but here it is again:

Saw this on Forbes, via facebook: Macross Unicorn.

i like how the author, Ollie Barder, provided links to the Macross Mecha Manual (i'm assuming with permission). ii think he's been doing a pretty good job at forbes to bring Macross and Gundam, together with other pop culture stuff from Japan into the western mainstream. in my sunday brain though, the real question is whether this will eventually lead to Disney buying the rights to Macross so that we can get the series in Disney Infinity........ yes, that was sort of a joke but, i wouldn't mind it happening if it did

Yes, he posted his link here. He's made other macross related articles on Forbes.

Oh man!!, imagine if Disney would acquire the Macross license giving us a Macross city at Disneyworld with Valkyrie roller coaster!! /End dream

+1

Yes, he posted his link here. He's made other macross related articles on Forbes.

Oh man!!, imagine if Disney would acquire the Macross license giving us a Macross city at Disneyworld with Valkyrie roller coaster!! /End dream

+1

Good dream, that; Disney has the financial clout to either buy out HG, or outlast them in the courts. Moreover, they've already demonstrated interest in Anime by bringing over Studio Ghibli's works; however, Macross doesn't really fit their target audience. But they could release the various parts of the Saga through Touchstone, and eventually make them available, fully dubbed, for the NA market.

Concerning comments on the aesthetics of the VF-4's battroid, I find it interesting that some here find it ugly; I'm quite the opposite in my thinking...I love the way it looks. My only beef with the Yamato version is the lack of shoulder articulation, severely hindering arm movement, which is contrary in the utmost to what one would desire in a combat machine of this type. Yamato also made their battroid a little lankier than the lineart suggests, a compromise they made to edify the fighter's aesthetics. To their credit, it boasts one of the finest fighter modes of any valk. I'm happy to see Arcadia making it available again, although I'd also be happy, if not tempted to buy another, if they modified the shoulders to articulate. Hopefully this mold will see more life in various paint schemes. I doubt it, but one can hope. In the end, I hope everyone who wanted a copy but missed out on original issue manages to get at least one this time around. Good luck!

Edited by M'Kyuun

Ollie Barder is a MW member here, he has made a few posts in the past. He actually posted a link to his Forbes article about Macross Delta in that thread I believe.

Thanks for the info, guys! Take a bow, Mr. Barder! =)

i actually would be happy just to get Macross stuff on Disney Infinity but, if they set up Nyan-Nyans in their theme parks, i will definitely be trying a pair of their hot tuna buns! XD

Good dream, that; Disney has the financial clout to either buy out HG, or outlast them in the courts. Moreover, they've already demonstrated interest in Anime by bringing over Studio Ghibli's works; however, Macross doesn't really fit their target audience. But they could release the various parts of the Saga through Touchstone, and eventually make them available, fully dubbed, for the NA market.

i think that Disney has enough roots in both anime and sci-fi to pull it off, as well as the ability to secure funding if they wanted to. someone just has to make a business case for it that's compelling enough. Lucas pulled off the pitch for Star Wars, with quite a bit of help for sure. to make this dream real, someone (or some team) has to be able to do the same for Macross.

I posted this on the VF-4G thread. Would love them to reissue too those old Display Stands. ;)

Photo from anubis20

I have both.

The Launch-Arm is pretty, but quite stupid and way overpriced back in the day. The "claws/clamps" are just lame deco and don't really provide any other purpose. If they ever want to re-issue it, they should re-engineer it so that the claws/clamps are actually useful and can be use the way it was used in DYRL.

The Mighty Blocks are actually more useful and should be re-released.

You can do some pretty nifty dynamic poses with it. It just didn't support the SV-51 and VF-22 adaptors, tho.

I'd be too nervous to attach one of my valks to something like that unless there was a cheat, like a clear clamp to secure the underbelly. Don't imagine the back plate would be sturdy enough to support the weight of the whole thing for long.

I'd be too nervous to attach one of my valks to something like that unless there was a cheat, like a clear clamp to secure the underbelly. Don't imagine the back plate would be sturdy enough to support the weight of the whole thing for long.

Why would you be?

The 1/60v2 VF-1 are quite light and tight, even with the FPs on. Quite sturdy.

It's prolly the only valk that you can really swoosh around without fear of things/parts falling out and stuff.

Arcadia just needs to implement the screw/spring stuff on the clamp of the old Launch Arm to do proper DYRL launch pose!

If they wanted to do that stand they should make the fast packs with that stand in mind (ie, a couple little peg holes for it to attach by). Since the V2 has that plate that goes under the backpack I'd be a little less worried about the strain on the backpack.

I think ..like the last two years..this maybe de schedule.

February 2016 (like VF-0D) Reactive armor

May 2016 (like VF-1J Armored) VF-0A CF

August 2016 (like VF-0A Shin) VF-4?

December 2016 (like VF-0S) "Insert your wish here".

Not a official info...but that what I think.

looks like the VF-4 is out in feb...https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/654244665026211840

So....

2016:

Feb - VF-4G

May - VF-0A CF?

August - Reactive?

Dec - YF-21/Destroid Cheyyenne/SV-51/(Just wishing act)....

looks like the VF-4 is out in feb...https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/654244665026211840

So....

2016:

Feb - VF-4G

May - VF-0A CF?

August - Reactive?

Dec - YF-21/Destroid Cheyyenne/SV-51/(Just wishing act)....

I think this is a sound schedule. If the rumors jenius posted about the missing licenses are true this might buy Arcadia some time and generate funds to acquire them for further releases.

So, Dec 2016 could be the month for a YF-21.

I think we might start to see the SV-51s lines in 2017. I mean they do have the Macross Zero licence.

And then maybe back to VF-1 lines in 2018, with some Plus stuff throw in there (YF-19 arm cannon, fold boosters, VF-11B) ?

Its more of a wish list but looking at their scope of releases i would hope they re-do the 21 just like they "re-did" the 19.

I dont know, vf-1, M+ and M0 are older series with multiple toy releases already, and i am wondering how much more milk they would have...

but i would gladly also welcome an updated VF-11....and also they prob still have options for a VF-0B,C :p though with the DELTA hype coming up i wonder if that would be part of their strategy to release less obvious designations from older series to compete for sales.....now that would really be ...NICHE!

unless arcadia gets a bite out of the delta license as well of course... :wacko:

I take it that Bandai is bankrolling Delta like Frontier, so I'm pretty sure Bandai will have exclusive license for any transforming toys.

I do hope that Arcadia may be able to eventually pick up the Frontier license. I'd love to see an Arcadia VF-25 though I know I won't like the price tag.

seti88, on 15 Oct 2015 - 01:00, said:

Its more of a wish list but looking at their scope of releases i would hope they re-do the 21 just like they "re-did" the 19.

I dont know, vf-1, M+ and M0 are older series with multiple toy releases already, and i am wondering how much more milk they would have...

but i would gladly also welcome an updated VF-11....and also they prob still have options for a VF-0B,C :p though with the DELTA hype coming up i wonder if that would be part of their strategy to release less obvious designations from older series to compete for sales.....now that would really be ...NICHE!

unless arcadia gets a bite out of the delta license as well of course... :wacko:

I'm down for a YF-21 and a VF-11B with added improvements of course. Though, I hope Delta do more cameo of older valks like the 21/22 and 11 so they can pull a VF-19A in Frontier. :lol:

Anyway, Do they even have M7 licence anymore?

As for Delta, I doubt they would get the rights to release (or Frontier for that matter) any toys from that series. I'm pretty sure Bandai got that on lock down.

I take it that Bandai is bankrolling Delta like Frontier, so I'm pretty sure Bandai will have exclusive license for any transforming toys.

I do hope that Arcadia may be able to eventually pick up the Frontier license. I'd love to see an Arcadia VF-25 though I know I won't like the price tag.

Hey, I hope Bandai keep doing what they've been doing right now, and be successful with Macross Delta stuff.

I'm really liking their Tempo and adding details to their valks. Some people find the Yamato/Arcadia valk more desirable in appearance, I'm the other way around. I really like those decals that Bandai put on their valks, they look like a really fine display piece with it. While Yamato and Arcadia looks like a cheap toy in comparison.

I got out of Macross toy collecting because of Yamato QC problems, and got back into it because of Bandai renewal stuffs. So, I'm pro Bandai all the way. :lol:

Edited by Reaction Warhead

On the hobby front there is a macross modellers brand, encompassing various companies like aoshime, bandai, wave etc...

It would be good if a similar brand strategy applid to the toymakers, to generate demand and interest more than a single company can do on their own.

On the frontier side, if arcadia does pick up the license, i think they will have a hard time differentiating themselves from bandai's cheaper and tampo filled releases. As such am not sure if its a good strategy for them to do that.

Should the Delta series be quite good, its reasonable to expect that demand for older series toys would drop, whilst the new toys are still being spinned-off. And with arcadia's pricing, it may be quite a challenge for them to maintain demand...

I'm down for a YF-21 and a VF-11B with added improvements of course. Though, I hope Delta do more cameo of older valks like the 21/22 and 11 so they can pull a VF-19A in Frontier. :lol:

Anyway, Do they even have M7 licence anymore?

As for Delta, I doubt they would get the rights to release (or Frontier for that matter) any toys from that series. I'm pretty sure Bandai got that on lock down.

Hey, I hope Bandai keep doing what they've been doing right now, and be successful with Macross Delta stuff.

I'm really liking their Tempo and adding details to their valks. Some people find the Yamato/Arcadia valk more desirable in appearance, I'm the other way around. I really like those decals that Bandai put on their valks, they look like a really fine display piece with it. While Yamato and Arcadia looks like a cheap toy in comparison.

I got out of Macross toy collecting because of Yamato QC problems, and got back into it because of Bandai renewal stuffs. So, I'm pro Bandai all the way. :lol:

Am not sure abt M7 license, maybe someone can enlighten....

Edited by seti88