Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

We may look back at some point and realize it was over for Arcadia after the VF-0D.......which essentially was the last of the Yamato legacy.....

Anyone wanting valks not featured in "current" Macross shows will probably be at the mercy of Bandai's Hi-Metal R line......unless Bandai goes DX on us?

Even if they do go forward with this prophesized DX legacy line of valks....will it include anything other than the classic VF-1 from SDFM and DYRL? I can't see Bandai releasing a DX VF-5000 toy from an almost 20+ year old show that is not as popular as SDFM/DYRL.....That was the niche served by Yamato and now Arcadia...however, it seems to be unsustainable, at least in the way that Arcadia is trying to make it work....I guess only time will tell.....if anything a new show will help keep a general interest in Macross alive...so there is at least a fool's hope...

You can start with the Anniversario 1J (unless you already have one) hehe.

Hahaha! That one is NOT part of my list, Archie. :lol:

Well, not sure if we should panic just yet....but definitely start thinking about what may go first if that time comes! -_-

So far, I already have what I wanted from Yamato/Arcadia releases. So I think I'm good. But to be honest I really do prefer Yamato/Arcadia's Valk products than Bandai's. But if this is the end, I'm just glad that I got the chance on getting what I want from their releases. And still looking forward for both VF-0S and Reactive Armor releases. ;)

So far, I already have what I wanted from Yamato/Arcadia releases. So I think I'm good. But to be honest I really do prefer Yamato/Arcadia's Valk products than Bandai's. But if this is the end, I'm just glad that I got the chance on getting what I want from their releases. And still looking forward for both VF-0S and Reactive Armor releases. ;)

that is probably one of the good things about Arcadia, that they have released less product than Yamato which has given many collectors time in between to "catch 'em all".....unfortunately, it sounds that even that is not enough to combat the economic forces at play....

With that said, if they fold....I would say the first to go would be the remaining stock of YF-19's (at this point anything on auction as I am not sure there are any available at retail shops)...next would be the VF-0D, followed by the VF-0S, VF-0 Armor, VF-0A Shin, VF-0A standard.....If they release a VF-0S Armor combo....it would probably become in instant grail item.....

that is probably one of the good things about Arcadia, that they have released less product than Yamato which has given many collectors time in between to "catch 'em all".....unfortunately, it sounds that even that is not enough to combat the economic forces at play....

With that said, if they fold....I would say the first to go would be the remaining stock of YF-19's (at this point anything on auction as I am not sure there are any available at retail shops)...next would be the VF-0D, followed by the VF-0S, VF-0 Armor, VF-0A Shin, VF-0A standard.....If they release a VF-0S Armor combo....it would probably become in instant grail item.....

That sir, would probably the last hurrah. aka, the Farewell release once again. Or... a Web order of SV-51. ;)

With the way the economy is going with China, I wish we could start having our toys produced in Japan again. I remember back in the day it seemed like the overall quality was better, and the Japanese are perfectionists. Well all of my family members and all of my friends that are Japanese anyway..

No. Because regardless of the original media, the license needs to be applied for, negotiated and approved from scratch. And the licensing landscspe for Macross toys now is quite different from what it was even just s few years ago.

And that's all I'm really willing to say on the matter. Again tho, we have covered the basic business/licensing issues on the podcast before.

Interesting. Which episode of the podcast was that?

We should start placing bets on what Arcadia's next announcement will be! Im gonna stick to my guns (the dream I had) about the SV-51r Ivanov renewal! =D

after what wmkjr did with the VF-0D and VF-0A in the 0A/0S thread...my bet would be on the VF-0B/C!!!although i wont bet big ^_^

after what wmkjr did with the VF-0D and VF-0A in the 0A/0S thread...my bet would be on the VF-0B/C!!!although i wont bet big ^_^

I second that, creating a VF-0B would probably entail grafting the 0d fuselage with 0a/s wings, stabilizer etc and re-coloring so it'a no brainer for arcadia. But then again they might just abandon the franchise and stick to their figure making with their current situation.

Don't the 0B and 0C belong to Hasegawa?

Would somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly remember reading somewhere in mwf that big west supposively approved license not only by series but also by scale, that is the reason why bandai was able to produce the early hi-metal vf-1 whilst yamato was producing the 1/60 scale toys. Therefore it is safe to assume that having hasegawa in the 1/72 scale license for 0D and 0C won't really affect arcadia 1/60 macross zero toys license (including 0D and 0C)

• 2 weeks later...

That's nice to see, everything looks clean and in order. Looks Like they are practicing Kaizen methodology.

hmm... kanbans were prominent in the pics, and they're obviously using work cells. not sure if the place looks clean just because ops were at testing/training level, or if their 5/6S policy is well-enforced.

interesting view into a japanese factory! thanks for posting the pics, VF5SS!

Amen to that, Spanner. As long that it's still affordable and reasonable for me. ;)

Well as far as i see the affordability side of it, there are a few internal organs (doubles in particular) that we really don't need or could comfortably live without.. so in saying that there are always funding possibilities! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Arcadia just tweeted this...hold onto your butts.

[Announcement] is a rush of new products, but even Macross related new product announcement! Can be announced in the next week, so stay tuned! Product name is "completely transformed ○○-○○ ○○○○○○" is! #マクロス