Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

While both movies are bad, I definitely felt the first movie was by far worse than the second. I can probably convince myself to watch the second again.

I don't even think I have either still on my hard drive.. checking...... damn it I still do! :rolleyes:

So... If Arcadia likes money, they'll make the VF-4 and Destroids, and the cash will just roll in, right?

That totally worked for Yamato, didn't it?

You'd think so eh.. but I'd say a few of the company exec's think otherwise.. -_-

I don't even think I have either still on my hard drive.. checking...... damn it I still do! :rolleyes:

You'd think so eh.. but I'd say a few of the company exec's think otherwise.. -_-

(p_-)

The same execs must have been at the stores and clearance sales I was at where they were so desperate to clear the destroid stock that no one was buying that they dropped them to 2000yen.

For sure the Destroids were a terrible business decision. It's a bummer because they're great toys.

The VF-4, on the other hand, seems like it came out when Yamato was already lost. When I think of Yamato flops I don't think of the VF-4... I think of the VF-17, the VF-22, and the GnuDou line. The VF-22 is probably unfairly included since they were able to take advantage of existing YF-21 tooling.

This talk of the VF-4 reminds me of an amusing anecdote.

The VF-4 had just come out and I had disassembled it in order to do some customization. I cleaned up my work area, throwing out used masking tape and sandpaper and the like.

Later that evening I was going through the parts and couldn't find the forward ventral stabilizer (the little one that sits directly under the cockpit).

I looked all over but couldn't find it. So I figured it could only be in one place...

I had already set the trash out on the curb to the picked up, so I did what I had to do... I stood out there in the dark digging through my own garbage like a hobo looking for that lost stabilizer.

I did eventually find it (it was stuck to a piece of tape), and am so glad I noticed that it was missing before the morning garbage pick up.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

This talk of the VF-4 reminds me of an amusing anecdote.

The VF-4 had just come out and I had disassembled it in order to do some customization. I cleaned up my work area, throwing out used masking tape and sandpaper and the like.

Later that evening I was going through the parts and couldn't find the forward ventral stabilizer (the little one that sits directly under the cockpit).

I looked all over but couldn't find it. So I figured it could only be in one place...

I had already set the trash out on the curb to the picked up, so I did what I had to do... I stood out there in the dark digging through my own garbage like a hobo looking for that lost stabilizer.

I did eventually find it (it was stuck to a piece of tape), and am so glad I noticed that it was missing before the morning garbage pick up.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

dang! that was lucky eh! Moral of this story.. don't dismantle Valks! :p:D

unless you reeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy know what you are doing.. so in my case then I never will! LOL! :lol:

That wouldn't change the current situation. At all.

"Current situation"?...I assume you go into that in your blog...

Only thing that could keep Arcadia from making more would be the absence of a license for a VF-4 and/or the inability to afford one that includes it...

With that said, perhaps we are expecting too much from Arcadia....a VF-4 may actually be a better possibility from Bandai or some other company (much like the VF-2SS)...

Only thing that could keep Arcadia from making more would be the absence of a license for a VF-4 and/or the inability to afford one that includes it...

With that said, perhaps we are expecting too much from Arcadia....a VF-4 may actually be a better possibility from Bandai or some other company (much like the VF-2SS)...

That would actually be pretty nice, since Bandai's offerings have been more affordable than Arcadia's...

Aha, now you're getting warm! Correct, Arcadia was never had a license for the VF-4.

Again, this was all explained in general terms in SpeakerPODcast so many months ago that I don't even remember which episode it was.

Edited by Tochiro

Aha, now you're getting warm! Correct, Arcadia was never had a license for the VF-4.

Again, this was all explained in general terms in SpeakerPODcast so many months ago that I don't even remember which episode it was.

So are you are saying Arcadia can't afford it or it is just not available to anyone at the moment? Because attaining one from any media that included a VF-4 would resolve the "current situation" of not having one...wouldn't it? Unless you are also insinuating that Arcadia has no desire in re-releasing it at all?

So are you are saying Arcadia can't afford it or it is just not available to anyone at the moment? Because attaining one from any media that included a VF-4 would resolve the "current situation" of not having one...wouldn't it? Unless you are also insinuating that Arcadia has no desire in re-releasing it at all?

No. Because regardless of the original media, the license needs to be applied for, negotiated and approved from scratch. And the licensing landscspe for Macross toys now is quite different from what it was even just s few years ago.

And that's all I'm really willing to say on the matter. Again tho, we have covered the basic business/licensing issues on the podcast before.

ahhhh yes that's right! geez I really didn't absorb much from M7.. unless watching it killed so many brain cells in the process!

hehe! its a little more worse than just a train wreck..

I think this is more applicable! :D

natural-disaster.jpg

What on earth was so bad with the second Frontier movie?? It was pretty much the only thing I liked about Frontier. It's not a masterpiece like DYRL, but it was highly entertaining. I watched it twice in the cinema.

No. Because regardless of the original media, the license needs to be applied for, negotiated and approved from scratch. And the licensing landscspe for Macross toys now is quite different from what it was even just s few years ago.

And that's all I'm really willing to say on the matter. Again tho, we have covered the basic business/licensing issues on the podcast before.

All welcome our new Bandai overlords.

What on earth was so bad with the second Frontier movie?? It was pretty much the only thing I liked about Frontier. It's not a masterpiece like DYRL, but it was highly entertaining. I watched it twice in the cinema.

I agree.

No no that photo relates to the M7 series!

M7 wasn't that bad. I mean, it wasn't the best, but it's better than what's come out of America recently...

Hehe just the first time in awhile I've had time to start detailing my valkyries again.

oh I see! well you are far more adventurous than I am as I couldn't bring myself to dismantle my Valks even for a detail up!

M7 wasn't that bad. I mean, it wasn't the best, but it's better than what's come out of America recently...

I suppose there were some ok moments but as a whole it was pretty bad.. for me it was a struggle to sit through and I don't think i could do it again.

Someone should delude Toynami into a VF-4 kickstarter! :rolleyes:

Why, so we can have a crap successor to the amazing Yamato Version? I'd rather some upstart company do it, or hell even Banpresto (I have had one of their Valk toys and it was bad, but still better than the Toynami).

After learning more about Arcadia's situation, I'd actually just want them to change the factory they are currently using. Their current one has too high of a failure rate (over 50% ends up as unusable scrap), which significantly impacts the cost to produce a unit, which Arcadia has the end consumer absorb.

It's not a good business model to tolerate this kind of performance from their factory, regardless of reason. I'm willing to wait for them to fix that first before having them release more valkyries in the future.

Or better yet have Yamato do a VF-4 instead of arcadia, so it is half the price, twice the tampo, the right colour and its legs won't fall off!

Are you referring to Yamato USA? Since they're the only Yamato Toys company left. And they're busy doing statues and static figures. I don't think they want to do Macross Valk toys inside HG properties which is the USA. ;)

Well it sounds like they only have the Macross Zero license now... Though hardly certain but I'll shape my expectations around that.

And what's left as a new valk production is just the SV-51, right? I guess, that's the reason why they now decided to make the Reactive Armor since they only have the Zero license for now. ;)