Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I'm all about Battle 7, it's the M3 version of the 14 that I don't like. At least the Cutlas I like in fighter mode, I can't say I like any mode of the M3 14 however.

I want a TV SDF-1....But I think Bandai can deliver one cheaper and with more gimmicks.....that said....bring on the Battle 7 Arcadia!

BTW...although I agree the M3 VF-14 isn't as nice as the M+/7 version....I think it could easily be part of an epic milking of the VF-14 mold....just like the VF-19, VF-1 and current VF-0...

Would love to see a 1/60 VF-4 non-variable fighter mode. Put every gimmick possible on it, Flaps, speed brake, missiles, landing gear. FB 2012 paint scheme, Hikaru's pilot. $115-135.00 I'd be stoked!! I can live without the Gerwalk & Battroid modes.

A TV SDF-1 1/3000 is a must. (Detail & tampo the $hit out of it)

And the Cheyenne destroid would be really awesome too!!

Why? They did exactly this with the VF-19 Advance? You can argue quality or engineering approaches, but at the end of the day, Bandai delivered a product that had way more detail (panel lines/tampo) and gimmicks (boosters, transformation gimmicks like the leg panels) at a much lower price. Exactly what JVMacross said.

Yes, he still may be crazy. ;)

But honestly why don't you think this isn't at least a possibility?

I think Bandai would do decently well with an SDF-1. It is a very simple transformation after all with not much articulation. After my experiences with the 25 line and the new 19, I don't think I'll be buying much Bandai stuff that requires complex engineering.

I really don't see it as a defeat at all, I have both and like both. I still feel like Yamato/Arcadia make really nice display pieces and Bandai makes a nice toy, I also wish they would have caught on to the matte finish sooner than the YF-30. I think the 19A would have looked better without so much freaking tampo. If it was toned down just a bit, I would like it that much more. I could do with maybe a 3rd less tampo. I mean how many times do you have to put the word danger next to the air intake on the side of the plane? they already had the Triangle shaped one but had to add the extra one in the middle of the triangle. Maybe that was Bandai trying to make a version Katoki (Gundam Ver.Ka) out of a Macross fighter, even the film did not have that many markings. I think they always miss little details too like the landing gears being the wrong color and having a pilot chair without a headrest. I also don't get how they missed the tab in the rear with fast packs on while in fighter mode, to the point they Photoshopped it out of the promo pics, and they never went back to fix the gap in the rear in fighter mode. The VF-19A is very similar but it does have slight differences from the Plus era YF-19 in styling so there is that. I look at them as just that though different era 19's. I bought a couple of each mfg's 19's, but bought the Bandai ones specifically for the Frontier style wing boosters in fighter mode.

All in all though I would not get rid of either as I am a 19 freak. I have 2 from Yamato, the standard and double nuts, all of the VF-19's that Yamato released including dupes to make a squad as long as we are not talking Basara's although I have 2 of those even lol. I have 2x of the 19P too.

TLDR; I love all of teh 19's :wacko:

I really don't see it as a defeat at all, I have both and like both. I still feel like Yamato/Arcadia make really nice display pieces and Bandai makes a nice toy, I also wish they would have caught on to the matte finish sooner than the YF-30. I think the 19A would have looked better without so much freaking tampo. If it was toned down just a bit, I would like it that much more. I could do with maybe a 3rd less tampo. I mean how many times do you have to put the word danger next to the air intake on the side of the plane? they already had the Triangle shaped one but had to add the extra one in the middle of the triangle. Maybe that was Bandai trying to make a version Katoki (Gundam Ver.Ka) out of a Macross fighter, even the film did not have that many markings. I think they always miss little details too like the landing gears being the wrong color and having a pilot chair without a headrest. I also don't get how they missed the tab in the rear with fast packs on while in fighter mode, to the point they Photoshopped it out of the promo pics, and they never went back to fix the gap in the rear in fighter mode. The VF-19A is very similar but it does have slight differences from the Plus era YF-19 in styling so there is that. I look at them as just that though different era 19's. I bought a couple of each mfg's 19's, but bought the Bandai ones specifically for the Frontier style wing boosters in fighter mode.

All in all though I would not get rid of either as I am a 19 freak. I have 2 from Yamato, the standard and double nuts, all of the VF-19's that Yamato released including dupes to make a squad as long as we are not talking Basara's although I have 2 of those even lol. I have 2x of the 19P too.

TLDR; I love all of teh 19's :wacko:

Bandais VF-19ADVANCE is not just good. It's good enough!

Personally I love my Yamato SDF-1, the thing holds together in cruiser mode. I wanted a Macross quarter until I saw people jamming cardboard in gaps just to keep cruiser mode straight, also the colors were not correct. I would prefer Arcadia to release it and swap out the proper parts and recolor it.

I will only cry if it has fb2012 color scheme

Yes, please dear god.

The VF-4 is one of the last pieces I feel I really need to finish my collection. That, along with the DYRL SDF-1 (Someday... someday).

Even though I've found a few offers that were somewhat reasonable, I've always passed on it because I really wouldn't feel right having a VF-4 without the FB2012 scheme, but for such an expensive purchase, I really wouldn't trust myself to do the painting.

Yes, please dear god.

The VF-4 is one of the last pieces I feel I really need to finish my collection. That, along with the DYRL SDF-1 (Someday... someday).

Even though I've found a few offers that were somewhat reasonable, I've always passed on it because I really wouldn't feel right having a VF-4 without the FB2012 scheme, but for such an expensive purchase, I really wouldn't trust myself to do the painting.

Oh so true. :unsure:

Yes, please dear god.

Prices seem to be coming down. Market is getting flooded with them. I think everyone knows in the back of thier mind that it will get re-issued and unlike other collectible items, Macross toys see to fetch more money for the updated version while the original goes down in price due to no one wanting it. Funny how that works.

Yeah the prices are going down for sure, but they're still rather high and I was recently burned on buying FansToys Quakewave (a 3rd party transformer toy styled as the unofficial Masterpiece Shockwave) for quite a hefty price, and then 2 months later there's both a knockoff and new production run announced. So I think I'll wait for a bit, and even if they come down to the $300 or so price point, I'm still not painting a figure that expensive.

• 2 weeks later...