No, 'cause that would be smart... I remember being real excited when the first movie came out, and even though it didn't follow the animated series in any way I still liked it. It's just a shame that Bay decided to push everything that was simple and stupid about the first one, and spin it out into three sequels.

And I doubt Bumblebee would ever come back as a Beetle. From the first movie, Bumblebee has always been about speed and looking cool, which a VW Bug rarely is. Unless they completely reboot him after his smackdown from Optimus. And now why would Optimus be attacking the other Autobots in the first place..?

Seems way out of character, unless they are in a way following the Quintizon angle from the animated shows. Optimus died in the best Transformer movie ever, that being The Movie from 1985. He was then brought back by the Quintizons who were the original creators of the Autobots and Decepticons, for the express purpose of using him to attack the others. So he was under some kind of 'remote control' until the Autobots were able to defeat him and bring him back on their side.

Damn it's such a shame Bay was left in charge...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Transformers meets Stranger Things meets Hunger Games, meets Star Wars Tie Bomber drones, meets Wall-E and Eva had a baby which ended up as a blue scooter.  

14 hours ago, peter said:

Transformers meets Stranger Things meets Hunger Games, meets Star Wars Tie Bomber drones, meets Wall-E and Eva had a baby which ended up as a blue scooter.  

Wall-E? The scooter is totally T-Bob from MASK.

The years have not been kind to the poor guy.

5 hours ago, captain america said:

That last trailer gave me pause, the kind of pause that the fist Star Trek: Beyond trailer gave me, and I despised that film. 

Yeah Beyond was quite the disappointment.  I'm wondering if that film marks the end of the JJ Abrams Trek...

8 hours ago, captain america said:

Beyond was directed by Justin Lin.

Yeah I know.  I was refering to the cast and their specific storyline, which many refer to as JJ Abrams' Trek.  And if Justin Lin is now helming this particular cast and universe then I'd say it's probably over...

Edited by myk

• 3 weeks later...

Looks crappy :mellow:. I have a thousand questions and I'm guessing the film won't answer a single one. Is Megatron just going to get a new design for every film? I didn't even know the Dinobots were in this, I figured, as usual, to hell with continuity and we'll never see or hear from them again, but seeing this, I'm guessing Grimlock gets his head blown off by something or somebody. And I guess that was Unicron flying in? I don't even know anymore. Glad to see they dropped Marky Mark's daughter, her, her boyfriend, and the whole statutory rape thing was unbelievably awful in the last film, I can't believe nobody stopped and thought to remove it entirely.

Yeah, Quintizon angle, though that 'woman' looked nothing like a five-faced Quintizon. I caught this trailer by accident and at first thought, with Anthony Hopkins voicing it, that it was a trailer for Thor and sat my butt down to watch. But no. And again, really, didn't they already try to resurrect Cybertron in the last one? And was that Unicron? So, Quintizon, Unicron, Megatron again, yet another hotty girlfriend who looks like Megan Fox, a brainwashed Optimus who is now responsible for Cybertron's death, yet more kids jumping around and yet more slow-mo big badda-booms..? Will this be five hours long or something..?

I'm kind of scattered on this movie. On the one hand, I'm hopeful that the younger cast is going to lead to a more kid-friendly film overall, and signals an end to the juvenile Bay humor that plagued the previous ones.

The Maker reminds me of Rita from the new MMPR movie, at least superficially, but they'll probably not ham the character up like that and keep her kind of nebulous.

I don't see much transforming though, and that kind of worries me. This may turn out to be another Cybertronian Giants vs Earth kind of deal, like AoE was. Then again, the odd-numbered films tend to be the better ones, which bodes well for this one (not so much for solo Bumblebee prequel!).

17 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Glad to see they dropped Marky Mark's daughter, her, her boyfriend, and the whole statutory rape thing was unbelievably awful in the last film, I can't believe nobody stopped and thought to remove it entirely.

While pointlessly distracting, it wasn't statutory rape.

And hey, I saw an Osprey crashing in this new trailer! Who says these films are unrealistic?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...