• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I liked the first one a lot and the third one had its moments, but ROTF and AOE are pure garbage.

See, I think the first one was abysmal drek, and each successive movie is incrementally better. Age of Extinction was the first one I wanted to see again, and dangerously close to being a good movie.

I liked the first one a lot and the third one had its moments, but ROTF and AOE are pure garbage.

AOE went it's entire run time without doing anything involving testicles or urination or dogs humping or old guy butts; which automatically makes it the best film in the series IMO.

Why/how did Optimus leave Earth? In the last one wasn't he just standing there monologuing to himself in front of a sunset (just like the end of every TF film) with the Dinobots standing by him? Are the Dinobots still a thing? Wouldn't they be like, the most powerful Autobots to call on when you need help? Shouldn't they always call on them? Is Galvatron Megatron again? Did he only get labeled that by humans in the last film? Will Megatron, or Galvatron or whatever, and other Cons still do that floating pixel transformation thing from the last film? Why can't Bumblebee talk? Will he not make a peep other then stupid kiddy and radio noises in his supposed solo film? I know, far too many questions, and probably few answers if any for any of them, but still. I have such a hard time remembering what happened in what films, the sequels all blend together, and they've re-designed most of the bots several times over that it makes it really hard to grasp what events happened in what film. Was Chicago the second one? Was Hong Kong the last one? Which one had Devestator and his big balls that he had despite none of the vehicles that combine into him having any wrecking balls on them?

Wasn't aoe the one that tried to justify sex with a minor. I never saw the film, but I did see the honest trailer for it and it seemed like a very creepy scene for a kids movie or any movie.

Yes, they made a point to bring up Romeo and Juliet laws or something idiotic, it had zero plot relevance and yes, pretty much explained why a 16 or 17 year old girl can get plowed by a 20 year old dude with zero legal consequences.

Why/how did Optimus leave Earth? In the last one wasn't he just standing there monologuing to himself in front of a sunset (just like the end of every TF film) with the Dinobots standing by him? Are the Dinobots still a thing? Wouldn't they be like, the most powerful Autobots to call on when you need help? Shouldn't they always call on them? Is Galvatron Megatron again? Did he only get labeled that by humans in the last film? Will Megatron, or Galvatron or whatever, and other Cons still do that floating pixel transformation thing from the last film? Why can't Bumblebee talk? Will he not make a peep other then stupid kiddy and radio noises in his supposed solo film? I know, far too many questions, and probably few answers if any for any of them, but still. I have such a hard time remembering what happened in what films, the sequels all blend together, and they've re-designed most of the bots several times over that it makes it really hard to grasp what events happened in what film. Was Chicago the second one? Was Hong Kong the last one? Which one had Devestator and his big balls that he had despite none of the vehicles that combine into him having any wrecking balls on them?

You must have left the theater early. Well, just to save you the trouble of watching the films again...

1. Optimus simply launched himself into outer space to confront the "creators". This is where the new film will pick up.

2. Judging by the teaser above, the Dinobots will still be a thing.

3. Given the direction of this film series, there is no "calling for help", as both Autobots and Decepticons are fair game to the humans.

4. The film will come up with some convoluted plot to explain how Galvatron reverts to Megatron.

5. Re: Transformium - Don't know, don't care.

6. Though he got his vocal processor fixed by the Allspark in the first film, it got busted again in the beginning of ROTF for unexplained reasons. Otherwise, the producers think making him communicate with his radio gives him a better character.

7. Chicago was in the third and fourth films.

8. Hong Kong was in the fourth film.

9. Devastator was in the second film.

in the last one, prime sang the spine song and flew into space to punch someone, apparently he didn't make it, lol.

* oh and the dinobots walked off as did meg/galvatron with remaining cubeformers...well not sure if there were anymore cubeformers.

Edited by Negotiator

... is what DuelGundam2099 would say if he were still around.

Wasn't DuelGundam an adamant defender of the entire series?

My stance is simple: I'm here first and foremost for the robot-on-robot action. The first movie completely failed to deliver that.

Yes, they made a point to bring up Romeo and Juliet laws or something idiotic, it had zero plot relevance and yes, pretty much explained why a 16 or 17 year old girl can get plowed by a 20 year old dude with zero legal consequences.

A. They are citing actual Texas law created explicitly to protect that kind of relationship from prosecution. (Which surprised me. I still can't figure out how that clause made it through a state legislature that is notably prudish and "tough on crime".)

B. Bizarrely, while jumping through those hoops to legalize the relationship with real law, they missed a much simpler clause in the same section of Texas law: the age of consent in Texas is 17, which is exactly how old she is.

She could legally sleep with anyone she pleased, and there was no need for any special exemption.

C. As I said last time it came up, let protoforms be protoforms. Teens gonna boink.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. Not sure if this has been discussed. I know from the beginning Volkswagen doesn't want to get involved with the Transformers movie. But seeing that there will be a VW Type 2 Van named Hooligan in the movie based on the wiki page. That made me think about that scene where Prime is about to stab Bumblebee in the trailer. What if, since VW is involved now due to the Type 2 Van casting, would Bumblebee finally have a Beetle mode once he re-emerge afterwards? Just curious. ;)

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

doubt it. If anything they'd bring him back with a gold plated Z/28 alt mode and start calling him Goldbug.

Probably chrome since it's MB:

maxresdefault.jpg