Wait Megatron? I thought he became Galvatron in the last one? So he's back to Megatron now? Any explanation or is the answer just frakk you this is a Michael Bay film?

Galvatron was the name the humans gave to their reverse-engineered combat drone based on Megatron.

When Megatron's neural imprint took over, the drone became Megatron again. He was never going to accept a name given to him by weak fleshlings, and he has the might to enforce that opinion.

Except he's a walking commercial for Benz and AMG

Okay, so he could still get more japanese.

Actually, that bugged me in the last movie too. I know japanese cars are few and far between, but surely they could've found at least one worth using.

Actually, that bugged me in the last movie too. I know japanese cars are few and far between, but surely they could've found at least one worth using.

Japanese cars few and far between!!!???? Well, maybe in the US, dunno haven't been there for years, but certainly not in the rest of the world.

Japan is supposedly the world's largest car manufacturer, with six of the world's ten largest car manufacturers being Japanese.

Can't walk down the street here without seeing loads of Toyotas Hondas, Nissan etc.

Lexus or Infiniti would be a good choice for Drift.

Japanese cars few and far between!!!???? Well, maybe in the US, dunno haven't been there for years, but certainly not in the rest of the world.

Japan is supposedly the world's largest car manufacturer, with six of the world's ten largest car manufacturers being Japanese.

Can't walk down the street here without seeing loads of Toyotas Hondas, Nissan etc.

Lexus or Infiniti would be a good choice for Drift.

I was being sarcastic.

And I don't see Drift as a luxury car. Whatever he is, it has "Type-R" at the end of the name.

Drift should be an Acura NSX. Even if it's American-made, it's still distinctively Japanese, so it's more fitting for Drift than a Benz or a Bugatti.

If it were up to me, he'd be a Nissan GT-R NISMO N Attack.

Galvatron was the name the humans gave to their reverse-engineered combat drone based on Megatron.

When Megatron's neural imprint took over, the drone became Megatron again. He was never going to accept a name given to him by weak fleshlings, and he has the might to enforce that opinion.

That reminds me, in the supplemental comics and novels for the first movie, Sector 7 was calling Megatron "NBE-1" or "the Iceman." It was suggested that frozen Megatron was still at least somewhat aware of what was going on around him, which was how he had managed to learn English. It was also suggested that he was tired of being called NBE-1 and/or Iceman, which was why the first thing he said upon thawing is, "I am Megatron!"

Hey, it's sold as a Honda in Japan. That is CLOSE ENOUGH.

My first NSX....wayyyyyyyyy back in the day. I grew my hair back and I no longer tuck my shirts in my pants, lol!

mebaby.jpg

My second one:

nsxr005.jpg

nsx001.jpg

Then life happened and I had to sell it. No way I could afford the new one. Still miss that car more than any g/f I've ever had.

Anyway, back on topic, Gen 1 had a nice mix of cars from many manufacturers....it's too bad Bayformers is restricted to just a few.

Edited by peter

Michael Bay has been completely against gun Megatron since day one. He compared it to Darth Vader transforming into his own lightsaber

And that is one of the reasons Mr. Bay is an @$$hole.

Michael Bay has been completely against gun Megatron since day one. He compared it to Darth Vader transforming into his own lightsaber

The question would be if this is better or worse than a Death Star, Tie Fighter or Venator Star Destroyer. ^_^

are they shooting in china again?

Whether or not they're shooting in China, the film will still be a hit in that country. Besides, AOE did very little shooting in China other than some location shots in Hong Kong; all the Hong Kong action scenes were actually shot in Detroit and Chicago. Hell, they forgot to erase the Sears Tower in one scene.