Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Is this supposed to be their take or play rather on The Scarlet Spider?  Are they really going to open up that box?  Isn't this what helped bring Marvel to its knees in the mid 90's; I know I quit reading all the titles just before they started it.  Just give us Kraven's Last Hunt already!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the homemade suit from Civil War (obviously updated slightly for this movie). It seems like Tony takes away his suit when Peter screws up, so Peter goes back to his homemade suit, then Tony gives him an updated version with the underarm webbing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wolf-1 said:

Is this supposed to be their take or play rather on The Scarlet Spider?  Are they really going to open up that box?  Isn't this what helped bring Marvel to its knees in the mid 90's; I know I quit reading all the titles just before they started it.  Just give us Kraven's Last Hunt already!

Are you talking about the Hot Toys figure above, or something pertaining to Homecoming's story? Did you see Civil War? As others have said, that's Pete's old home made Spidey suit, he got a fancy one in Civil War but as azrael mentioned, he gets it taken away in Homecoming and has to return to his home made suit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's referring to the fact that if you inverted the colors it would be Peter's clone, Ben Reilly, from the Clone saga in the 90's.  However, that wasn't what killed Marvel, that was only a small part of what did them in.

It's an homage, that's all.

Edited by Mommar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Are you talking about the Hot Toys figure above, or something pertaining to Homecoming's story? Did you see Civil War? As others have said, that's Pete's old home made Spidey suit, he got a fancy one in Civil War but as azrael mentioned, he gets it taken away in Homecoming and has to return to his home made suit.

The figure above; I own all the Marvel films, yes, even the crappy VHS Captain America, so while I've seen Civil War, while the cowl and pants seem the same the hoodie is a late add on I believe.  I have no further insight into whats going to actually transpire in the film past the trailers already released, different perspective, but that is it.  I'm not so sure Tony will take the suit away from Peter and he will then have to rely on the original; I think Peter will realize Tony is tracking him with the suit and ditch it in order to prove himself worthy.  Tony is too much Big Brother for Spidey who was traditionally only a reserve member of the Avengers. I think Peter will add the web-gliders with the help of "Death Star" friend, pointless addition, the friend not the webbing.

This Cinematic Universe has been great about dropping not so subtle and subtle hints on where its going once there is no more Tony and Original Capt.  Since Sony actually owns the rights to Spidey this would allow them their own shoot-offs, should they be desperate enough to go the Spider-Clone/Spider-Island/Spiderverse route.  

Edited by Wolf-1
Elaborating a nondescript point.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Wolf-1 said:

The figure above; I own all the Marvel films, yes, even the crappy VHS Captain America, so while I've seen Civil War, while the cowl and pants seem the same the hoodie is a late add on I believe.  I have no further insight into whats going to actually transpire in the film past the trailers already released, different perspective, but that is it.  I'm not so sure Tony will take the suit away from Peter and he will then have to rely on the original; I think Peter will realize Tony is tracking him with the suit and ditch it in order to prove himself worthy.  Tony is too much Big Brother for Spidey who was traditionally only a reserve member of the Avengers. I think Peter will add the web-gliders with the help of "Death Star" friend, pointless addition, the friend not the webbing.

This Cinematic Universe has been great about dropping not so subtle and subtle hints on where its going once there is no more Tony and Original Capt.  Since Sony actually owns the rights to Spidey this would allow them their own shoot-offs, should they be desperate enough to go the Spider-Clone/Spider-Island/Spiderverse route.  

Tony straight up takes the suit away in the film.  There's enough in all of the trailers to figure that out.  The friend is based off of Miles Morales friend Ganke in the Ultimate Comics.  The hoodie isn't a late addition either, it's clearly there in the Civil War footage.

Edited by Mommar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

Tony straight up takes the suit away in the film.  There's enough in all of the trailers to figure that out.  The friend is based off of Miles Morales friend Ganke in the Ultimate Comics.  The hoodie isn't a late addition either, it's clearly there in the Civil War footage.

Guess I've just missed it, all apparently, still not the Spidey I know, regardless of the reboot. While it makes sense as to Tony building the suit for Peter in the cinematic universe, it takes away from how genuinely smart Peter was.  As I've said, I stopped reading the books just before things started getting really askew, to me.  Have roughly kept up by browsing or conversations with other fans who are more current over the years.  I fondly recall Spiderman, Amazing, Spectacular and Web of; I know I'm no longer the targeted market just haven't adjusted even after all this time, damn nostalgia. 

Aunt May is indeed looking younger however all but the bottom are qualified given their actual age; I doubt even Miss Tomei's head of hair is still natural without a few strands of wisdom at minimum.  Classic Aunt May just rocked it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool. Loving it for now. Esp the eyes. B))

Though it's funny to see different shots or angles of some scenes we saw from early trailers. And for sure it will end up with a different one like most of the other Marvel movies. And seriously, I kinda hate that subtle changes from what we've seen in the trailers from the movie. <_<

 

Edit: Here's a youtube version from the Twitter feed Seti posted. ;)

 

 

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

slightly OT but...wha..?

taken at the licensing expo..http://www.darkhorizons.com/2017-expo-posters-alita-predator-halloween/

 

Word from the grapevine is they are making an animated movie starring Miles Morales/Spiderman.

Not sure if I'm liking how they tech'd-up Spidey's suit.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As long as they don't have a trailer that's way different *cough rogue one tie fighter face off on the tower/running with hard disk cough* would be nice heh..

tho I am majorly irritated in the other trailer where his friend sees spidey crawling on the bedroom ceiling...that should never happen cos parkers spidey sense would be going off since his friend was on the bed...

but am liking the spidey vibe on this ...more antics and hijinks befitting a school student..

1 minute ago, azrael said:

Word from the grapevine is they are making an animated movie starring Miles Morales/Spiderman.

Not sure if I'm liking how they tech'd-up Spidey's suit.

 

Hmm don't really know much abt the morales version, but I guess it would make sense not to have so many outings of Peter Parker.

Interested to see how the animation quality will turn out to be...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazon goofed and sold some of those Legends figures a month ago.  Pre-Ordere have gone up and people ate finding them in Walmart now too.  Hasbro can't coordinate anything worth a damn especially when you consider the X-Men wave was finally just fully released in April and the second Guardians wave is only shipping now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching the NBA Finals Game #4 tonight. And seeing a new Spider-Man Homecoming TV Spots (#4 now on the series since Game #1), makes me wonder if they made multiple ones with different endings or directions? Or it's more like a linear one particularly, a straight 6 episodes. Does that mean, the whole Finals is rigged until the last episode? :ph34r:

:rolleyes: Hmmm.

 

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...