TV Queen Rauw in 1/72 and 1/48

mslz22

So here is my first dip in the pond so to speak with hiring an outside artist to do a full 3D work up of a subject. I have used 3d artist before for bits and pieces on projects, but this is the first time i have paid someone to do the whole thing.

This is the very, very first blocky rough in that i got from him. Don't let the roughness be any indication of the potential of this, the artist that i hired has done work for real collectible companies and this is just the first rough in. I will give him credit when i get the OK from him, not sure if he wants his name out there attached to this yet.

Once it gets more and more refined i will be happy to pass along any feedback you guys have until it's where it needs to be. Just be aware that the first few steps will continue to be "rough"

When done this will be 3d printed in both 1/72nd and 1/48 scale to be "patterns" if you know what i mean.

Hopefully this will work out, like i said it's a bit weird because it's my first time trying something like this, and i hope that it's something you guys will like.

I will post any updates that he sends me here. He hopes to be done in a month or so.

thanks

mike

11_zpskhfrnoss.jpg5_zps2lgll9l8.jpg

3_zpsgtpte59n.jpg

4_zps5jtlsopx.jpg

the 72nd will get printed first, I just talked with the guy (and sent him his 2nd payment installment!) and he should have an update shortly after Wonderfest.

thanks

mike

Mike,

This is excellent news. Thanks.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke with the 3D artist, he had to move recently and it took him a bit longer to set up his new office than expected. These things happen right? So he is on a large job for a big company this next 2 weeks then he will be back on this for me. I am really looking forward to this as much as anyone, so will update as soon as i can.

thanks

mike

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, i just made some new molds for stuff i needed. Also upgraded a few parts in anticipation of doing the Scout someday, hopefully by Nov., but time always seems to get away from me.

In the meantime the standard regult pod molds in 1/48 are up and running again, so PM me if you want one.

mike

Mike,

If you are still selling the 1/48 Regult, I, too, would love to purchase one of these kits from you.

• 1 month later...

Got a call from the 3d artist yesterday, his big job if finally done (for a big company!) and he expects to make some serious progress on this over the next 2 weeks. I am currently on a big project but hope to fit in the 1/72nd Q by end of Nov. I will post screen shots as he sends them to me.

mike

• 1 month later...