M+ ghost X-9

Xigfrid

Sometime we think that we got plenty of space... the truth is often the opposite!

Seems to be collapsible...

Edited : sorry pictures were not quoted in mobile, but first post said landing gears are collapsible with functional doors...

Edited by aaajin

Will the gears still be collapsable?

The landing gears would be perfectly retractable, and the rear fin will also be retractable to obtain perfect landing position for display.

This is a perfectly understandable question since I partially changed a few features from the original feature list such as the "rotating" eye. Anyway, the 1st page post and features is up to date, I am receiving the resin part this weekend!

Concerning the eye, due to high difficulties to recast the clear canopy, I have done a new canopy with a fixed eye as shown a few post earlier. But I still will be giving the original eye in case of someone wanting to make an acrylic canopy.

I am also working on a possible upgrade right now that will concern the Super parts attachment. Right now, the Supers use a hooking system with a flexible plastic to maintain them in position, the tolerances are tight and the Supers are not so friendly to put on but still easy to remove though. So I want to improve that and add small magnets to maintain the Supers instead of the hook. I need the master to come back this weekend to test the strength of the magnetic solution.

The landing gears would be perfectly retractable, and the rear fin will also be retractable to obtain perfect landing position for display.

This is a perfectly understandable question since I partially changed a few features from the original feature list such as the "rotating" eye. Anyway, the 1st page post and features is up to date, I am receiving the resin part this weekend!

Concerning the eye, due to high difficulties to recast the clear canopy, I have done a new canopy with a fixed eye as shown a few post earlier. But I still will be giving the original eye in case of someone wanting to make an acrylic canopy.

I am also working on a possible upgrade right now that will concern the Super parts attachment. Right now, the Supers use a hooking system with a flexible plastic to maintain them in position, the tolerances are tight and the Supers are not so friendly to put on but still easy to remove though. So I want to improve that and add small magnets to maintain the Supers instead of the hook. I need the master to come back this weekend to test the strength of the magnetic solution.

Thanks. I was curious due to a few posts where people wanted it with and without things, it made me question if something had changed. Good to know though.

Edit: In regards to the magnet system. that would work great. Over the years, I've bought small, circular earth magnets for certain projects, and they are a lot stronger than one would expect. For those, you may not even need a hook system, but just the slots to keep the boosters in place.

Edited by Jasonc

If you are after magnets, look for ones with a Field Strength rating of N45.​ They are the strongest off the shelf Rare Earth magnets you'll find and are pretty cheap if you shop online. I just got qty 40 of 5mm diameter by 3mm high ones for $10NZD for my hallway Valkyrie displays. If I have one on a Perspex stick and one on the plane, when they are joined in attraction they are rated to hold 1.3kg! And I have 3 Perspex rods holding each Valk!

Keep them away from the kids and pets though as if they are swallowed they can be fatal and a painfully messy way to go. Account for every one and store the rest securely.

Almost there!

Unboxing the production

post-15880-0-29266800-1460813556_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-00659000-1460813545_thumb.jpg

This one looks like a low vis edition already!

And assembling the first unit. It took longer than expected, around 1h. Now I got to clean all the others and test fit them all before painting !

post-15880-0-58730200-1460813551_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-61626400-1460813549_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-34866500-1460813547_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

I had a great time today cleaning 4 other sets.

post-15880-0-37480900-1460905460_thumb.jpeg

Additionally I am taking payments now for those who want to secure a kit. I have enough for everyone who asked in this thread so don't worry too much. But each kit needs a few plastic parts from shapeways that I have ordered in limited quantities, that means that in two weeks I will be able to ship the first paid kits and a few extra that I have plastic parts in stock. Then the next batch will take 3 weeks after payments.

I will also send a PM to everyone interested in this thread, just to confirm and if you want to confirm and pay a kit

Is the stand adapter included or do we order from Shapeways?

The stand adapter is not included. I have a version on shapeways, but I am not really happy because it is a little too tight so I am waiting for a new test sample.

The current one is working great but I would recommend to sand it to reduce the friction or wait for the new one

Updated 1 post with shipping information:

The ghosts are being shipped from France Paris.

-17USD (16EUR) for Europe and International: tracking to destination for Europe, United States, NewZealand, Singapore and Malaysia, tracking to French border over-wise. NO SIGNATURE, NO INSURANCE. Take it at your own risk.

-19 USD or 17 EUR shipping via French Post to EUROPE with tracking. With INSURANCE and SIGNATURE

-25 USD (23 EUR) shipping via French Post with International tracking. With INSURANCE and SIGNATURE

-110 USD (100 EUR) for 24H/48H EXPRESS shipping (can take up to 5 days)

If you want UPS or DHL, please provide your client number or PM me to arrange the pickup.

Small update about the magnetic attachment of the Supers Parts: I tested and placed the magnets in a place where the thickness is reduced down to 1mm. But the magnetic strength is too reduce because of this 1mm thickness. To perfectly work, the magnets would be placed on the surface, in a hole.

That means that the current design need to be drilled and thickened with some putty to hold the magnets. That's a lot of work and trouble, even for my sample, I decided to keep the mechanical attachment.

I have a ton of magnets, so if it works better, I'll probably modify the connection piece so that it does work. The magnet can probably be glued in, covered with material, and painted. I can't wait for it. I really want to fix this thing up well, which may include LEDs and such.

I have a ton of magnets, so if it works better, I'll probably modify the connection piece so that it does work. The magnet can probably be glued in, covered with material, and painted. I can't wait for it. I really want to fix this thing up well, which may include LEDs and such.

I can't wait to see that!

1) Small update: I have refined the Yamato stand adapter and it should be nice fit now. Available here

2) 10 Ghosts I prepared last week went to the painting this weekend. They will be back in 2 weeks or so. Those who have ordered painted version, please hold on a little more!

3) I am receiving the plastic parts from Shapeways very soon and I will be able to begin the shipments periodically as I will have to cut and sand the metalic parts. I want to prepare all the paid orders at the same time so technically that would happen next week or before 2 weeks from now.

Any updates on shipping details for paid for unpainted kits?

I need to finish 3 more kits. For the most part, I have already test fit them, they need a last check. In the mean time I have some UN SPACY kite logo masks being sent to me so that your painting job is easier. I will receive them tomorrow hopefully. Shapeways parts received, I did a fast check and everything seems good.

So all in all, I will have the whole first batch sent by the end of the week. You will receive a PM with tracking as soon as I got them.

post-15880-0-75357200-1462005660_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-48131800-1462005662_thumb.jpg