Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Once again to all our buyers I remember you the delays in the shippings is because the COVID-19 situation worldwide in the specific case of the directed to USA the packages were already delivered in the USPS facility and if are stuck it's because of them with regard the other countries if the most of packages still in Mexico is mainly for 2 reasons the lack of international flights or due the country of destination are closing the borders or rejecting the international shippings please check the situation with your local post service

This is an atypical situation outside of our control we can only left wait and be patience

I attach the link of the Mexican postal office so you can see the dates in which the kits were sent if are any doubt

 

https://www.correosdemexico.gob.mx/SSLServicios/SeguimientoEnvio/Seguimiento.aspx

 

Also to the people that already received it please confirm

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope these packages will find their owners sooner than later.

I have made a test at Shapeways, and seriously their prices are still ridiculous compared to nowadays print services. Anyway, I have put my Ghost X-9 there just for reference:

  • 1x Ghost in white processed plastic WITHOUT SUPER PARTS : 270 USD
  • 1x clear parts (canopy, eye and Sharon): 10 USD
  • add the Norev car to obtain the rubber tires
  • add shipping
  • add sanding efforts
  • add red painting

This is all you get with @valhary for half the price. And never underestimate the sanding hassle with PA12!

I don't expect any sales from Shapeways in the near future. If ever you come by a great print service locally let me know :)

NB: it takes Shapeways a few days to review the model before putting it online. The models will appear there soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Supposedly tomorrow finish the quarantine here in Mexico so hope the shipments stuck finally been released and delivered quickly 

but also remember this depends If the destiny already has open the customs offices and if there are flights available

 

Also to clarify about the reports of some missing parts:

This specific part it has to split in 2 so if you put it together can see is there in opposite case please let me know to send spares

IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7040.jpeg

87725727ly1gfbw77aaycj20w00f9gpc.jpg

IMG_7039.jpeg

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7041.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 4:58 AM, valhary said:

Hi everyone!

Supposedly tomorrow finish the quarantine here in Mexico so hope the shipments stuck finally been released and delivered quickly 

but also remember this depends If the destiny already has open the customs offices and if there are flights available

 

Also to clarify about the reports of some missing parts:

This specific part it has to split in 2 so if you put it together can see is there in opposite case please let me know to send spares

IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7040.jpeg

87725727ly1gfbw77aaycj20w00f9gpc.jpg

IMG_7039.jpeg

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7041.jpeg

All rght! Got it!

Thank you for responding my question. I didn't understand these two parts when receive it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Just back to the Postal Office to check personally the shipping status and the why some have not been delivered and finally I got access to the monitor.......

......I already contacted by PM and I confirm the most of the packages are already in the country destination and the delay it is because your local postal service (United States, Chile and Singapur) 

Please communicate directly whit them to solve it

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, valhary said:

Hi everyone!

Just back to the Postal Office to check personally the shipping status and the why some have not been delivered and finally I got access to the monitor.......

......I already contacted by PM and I confirm the most of the packages are already in the country destination and the delay it is because your local postal service (United States, Chile and Singapur) 

Please communicate directly whit them to solve it

I'll confirm, USPS is a DISASTER right now. I had to stop shipping business stuff USPS. It was causing too many issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a 12oz. can of this paint. From what I was reading, while the cans are expensive, the cans are top quality and cover very well. I think this apple red is about as dark as I want it to be, and while I have the major parts done, once I paint these parts, I will need to let this paint fully cure for quite some time. I'm expecting to wait about a week before touching them again.

548996162_AppleredHOK.JPG.1b0d6e0ec2ca75b916a7e18a01868dc5.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to paint the kit before assembly but couldn't wait to see how it would look:

IMAG0671.jpg.beb5bb5ec235f2a9641a15a248d038a9.jpgIMAG0670.jpg.462b426470fdda78ecbcfe0507a66c02.jpgIMAG0669.jpg.4b508feb28f2d4161f71b37beae5fd48.jpgIMAG0664.jpg.ddd6daa1c5bb3027594bab6997ecba76.jpg

 

Gonna take it apart to paint (due to blemishes and scratches on some of the pieces), fix some tolerances and add an LED -- but even in this raw state it displays very nicely.

Thanks to @valhary for producing the resin kit, and special thanks to @Xigfrid for designing such an awesome bird.  My Macross Plus display is finally complete!  :yahoo:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1st coats of candy red over chrome silver. I did a light weathering. The picture makes it look a little strange, but once I put a final gloss coat over it, it should really stand out.

20200728_192152.jpg.3e8ef5464e6aaceb2753e5fb07b898d1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at my own pic, it looks kinda crappy, but in person, it looks so much better, LOL. I can't top coat it and clean it until decals are done, but the weathering process came out well, too. I'll post up more pictures once I get more time to paint up the other parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 10:25 PM, Jasonc said:

1st coats of candy red over chrome silver. I did a light weathering. The picture makes it look a little strange, but once I put a final gloss coat over it, it should really stand out.

20200728_192152.jpg.3e8ef5464e6aaceb2753e5fb07b898d1.jpg

Oh wow, these Ghosts are looking pretty good. It's too bad I missed out.

Did the orange peel texture of the gloss coat eventually level out?

Also, couldn't help wondering what that yellow thing under the ghost is. Looks like the torso of sort of construction destroid or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Oh wow, these Ghosts are looking pretty good. It's too bad I missed out.

Did the orange peel texture of the gloss coat eventually level out?

Also, couldn't help wondering what that yellow thing under the ghost is. Looks like the torso of sort of construction destroid or something.

Yes, the orange peeling leveled out a lot. I put a clear coat over it, and it now looks uniform. As for the other project down there, it is Xigfrid's Macross Delta Wrokroid, also under construction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...