M+ ghost X-9

Xigfrid

I love the feel of the TS paints as well. They are very good out of the can and event better decanted and airbrushed. I may go with the TS-85 for the X-9. Xigfrid -- What did you use to accomplish the darker red circle under the white kite, and is the kite a decal or masked and painted white?

The darker red is obtained by mixing some brown with TS-85. The white kite is obtained from the white primer, masked with the supplied kite logo sticker, then airbrushing the rest of the part with darker red. The sticker is then removed before clear coat.

I highly recommend to clear coat the primer before applying the mask, that would protect the primer from the strong glue of the sticker.

If you want to apply a spray, TS-33 should be just what you are looking for this color

Last update. Thanks for reading.

I'm about 85% finished. Just need to wait for the stand adapters and new lenses that I ordered, glue the landing gear doors shut, put on the smaller kites, give it either a flat or semi gloss coat, and a few touch ups then done. For the big kite I gloss coated the white primer , then masked, then used grey primer, and reused the TS-8. For the exhaust I added smoke to the gunmetal. All in all it was a fun little build being this was my 1st time trying something like this. Learned a lot of new things and some things I would do differently next time. Big Mahalos to Xigfrid to even dare attempt to make this project a reality.

26740230304_0a679de6b9.jpg

27314163516_75bee2108a.jpg

27249982222_85086f32b4.jpg

27072398950_7b46555b1c_c.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Thanks guys. Also thanks for telling me about that Xigfrid. I was scared that I'd break something if I pushed down too hard. As for the color, It's both lighting and paint . I guess the Tamiya gunmetal's color changes when viewed from different angles.

Can't wait to see pics of folks builds!

Edited by wmkjr

That looks awesome. I would never be able to get it as good as that. Wish Arcadia made an official one.

May an Arcadia employer come by and read you! I would love to pass my 3D file or the Master. Making such figures available and even making a few of these painted and assembled is very time consuming.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been really busy with a peak of orders that I had to prepare the whole weekend!

I am very happy that almost all the painted kits have been sold.

Updated 1st post with :

The production is complete.

1st batch: unpainted versions is completed and shipped

2nd batch: mainly Painted versions is completed and being shipped.

Stock: I have available in stock 1 Painted Ghost and several Unpainted ones. Landing gears are being restocked and will be available for end of June.

I am preparing the 3rd and probably the last batch, if you want to secure a Painted kit, you should order now because I need prepare the batch for the painting.

Edited by Xigfrid

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine In last night Xigfrid with the Isamu's bike and the hacking Sharon. The jobs look really nice and these will definitely add some flare to my collection.

Edited by Loop

Working on mine today, had to superglue the landing gear doors in place so I won't be able to get those 2 screws in later, but I really need to clean up, sand and then paint the bottom parts for a seamless closed door look. Also with the super parts, is there any line art to show that they have some grey or some other color besides just red all over? I think I'd like to add a little grey on them just to break up the red a bit. Thoughts?