Macross Master File

Galaxy_Stranger

And why Yamato/Arcadia never released a VF-4 in FB2012 scheme... :wacko:

Arcadia included a decal sheet to add the FB2012 scheme and markings to your VF-4G if such is your desire. That's what I did with the VF-4 on my desk at work.

there is no need to be angry, the Master File series is basically a high print run fanbook, a "doujinshi" its just some people putting their unofficial made up stats in a book. It does not affect true cannon.

I totally agree. A non transforming VF-4 (VF being "variable fighter") is just Master File series page space filling nonsense.. in a way it makes me glad I can't read a word of Japanese as it would just piss me off to read all the other 'no thought given / spur of the moment ideas' nonsense they would have come up with..

I took out all of my Macross mecha & art books over the weekend and the VF-4 master file is definitely the worst of the lot. But still glad they actually released it.

there is no need to be angry, the Master File series is basically a high print run fanbook, a "doujinshi" its just some people putting their unofficial made up stats in a book. It does not affect true cannon.

Hehe! I'm not angry at all! Don't want to give that impression.. I rather enjoyed reading through all those books! Was quite relaxing actually! ;)

Arcadia included a decal sheet to add the FB2012 scheme and markings to your VF-4G if such is your desire. That's what I did with the VF-4 on my desk at work.

You have to do alot to it to get it "right"....but I suppose if you just add the skull markings it could be a "member" of the squadron....just not Hikaru's ride....

Hoping Bandai releases a proper FB2012 VF-4, even at 1/100-ish....

• 1 month later...

seeing as this is the Master File thread.. is there a art book thread in here somewhere? I just purchased vol.1 & 2 of Macross The Ride but couldn't find the appropriate thread for it..

To discuss or just post pics? If you want to discuss them...open a thread here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=2

If you just want to post pics.....you can do it here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133

• 4 weeks later...

You wont have as it doesn't exist yet and hasn't even been proposed. We are all just dreaming out loud hoping they DO publish one.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, xssu said:

VF-31

51ZTHKvW2FL._SX370_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgVariable Fighter Master File VF-31 COMING IN March?

That was inevitable... like the VF-4 book, they teased this one in a previous volume.

I figured we'd be seeing this one sooner rather than later once the VF-4 book dropped and I noticed the date of publication in-universe was July 2067.  It was an unusual date for a Main VF that'd been introduced in 2012 and retired at some point in the 2040s, and that the featured squadron in the story section just happened to be flying the VF-31A in the book's present day clinched it.

Kind of disappointed the book is dedicated to the VF-31改 Siegfried rather than the production-intent VF-31 Kairos... after all, there are only five Siegfrieds in service, whereas the Kairos was expected to become the next main VF of the Brisingr Alliance New UN Forces circa 2069-2070.

Since the VF-31 has so little information available, I'm just left to hope it won't be another book of filler and garbage like the Variable Fighter Master File: VF-4 Lightning III book was...

11 hours ago, spanner said:

OMFG! Yes!!! geez I hope this happens sooner than later! :o:D

I wouldn't hold my breath... SoftBank has a bad habit of missing their announced release dates a few times before each book comes out.

My money's on June, maybe July.

5 hours ago, MILKAUTICO said:

This is another injustice, when will we see the best VF? I'm talking about the VF-14, VF-5000 and of course the VA-3.

Didn't the VF-5000 get covered in short in Variable Fighter Master File: VF-1 Valkyrie Vol.2.

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Any HLJ links yet (Amazon.jp always kills me in shipping & customs!)

Nothing as of about five minutes ago... but they probably won't commit until there's a semi-firm date.

FYI, the VF-31 Master File book is up at CDJapan now too.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2054601

Kind of irritating about CDJapan, you can actually ship via FedEx.  But only if you buy books, music or movies.  Toys, nope.  No clue why.  However FedEx for this book is $20!

Edited by Mommar