Macross Master File

Galaxy_Stranger

So far the funniest transgoogle is for the "ARMD-210 Glacier Peak (SVF-399 Screaming Butts)".....Going to assume its Screaming Bats... ^_^

as a 'Space: Above And Beyond' fan, I'm fine with that translation

um... given the squadron emblem, shouldn't that be "Long-Horns"? as in the cow? is "Long Bones" really how that translates? if it is, their squadron emblem should change slightly... B)) If I were to change the scheme, I'd do the black anti-glare panel on the nose in the same red as the tailfins, and run the glare panel all the way back from where it is; resulting in an enlarged red section on the spine. It seems too... I don't know... subdued, as presented... if you're going to be painting your colours on your fighter,

! [0:25 - 01:12 for relevant section of video, though I do recommend the whole film :D ] I would leave the nose a darkER grey than the main body [i would stick with the subtly darker nose as illustrated in the Masterfile]... I think a black nose would be too much maybe? then again, re-painting the anti-glare panel in red
My bad. I've read the katakana wrong. I thought the Ho alphabet they used is the Bo. Guess I didn't clicked the photo just to confirm it. :lol:

I have a feeling the pilot on VF-4A is the same one who pilots RX-78-2 and RX-93 v. ;)

I'm guessing what's the 'A' stands for after 4. :)

Amuro Ray WISHES one of his rides was any sort of cool approaching the VF-4...

*CORRECTION* almost forgot: Amuro pilots the Hi-v... it's almost on-level...............

at least 'special forces' aren't named "Londo Bell" in Macross :D ... never understood that one... is there some Japanese culture thing I'm missing out on? or did they just do like the British and pick a completely randomized codename?

Amuro Ray WISHES one of his rides was any sort of cool approaching the VF-4...

*CORRECTION* almost forgot: Amuro pilots the Hi-v... it's almost on-level...............

at least 'special forces' aren't named "Londo Bell" in Macross :D ... never understood that one... is there some Japanese culture thing I'm missing out on? or did they just do like the British and pick a completely randomized codename?

Maybe you can ask within the Gundam thread?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18457

Hey jvm. Looking at what you're posting here makes me want to ship the book only from HLJ. Getting excited to see the whole variants in person. And to see and plan how to make the Longhorns version. ;)

Gotta tell you, if HLJ plans on making another VF-4G sale I might grab one again. Hehehe. :lol:

Are "Dancing Skulls" or "Havamal" necessarily better? Those are two famous special forces units in Macross.

IIRC the name "Londo Bell" is something to do with the unit being headquartered at Londinium colony in Side 1... and may have originally been meant to be London Bell.

Hey jvm. Looking at what you're posting here makes me want to ship the book only from HLJ. Getting excited to see the whole variants in person. And to see and plan how to make the Longhorns version. ;)

Gotta tell you, if HLJ plans on making another VF-4G sale I might grab one again. Hehehe. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing any custom VF-4G you decide on!

Are "Dancing Skulls" or "Havamal" necessarily better? Those are two famous special forces units in Macross.

IIRC the name "Londo Bell" is something to do with the unit being headquartered at Londinium colony in Side 1... and may have originally been meant to be London Bell.

I could totally see a Military Squadron/SF Unit called themselves the "Dancing Skulls"... still better than VFA-143's nom de guerre [Pilot humor, gotta love it :D]

The Londinium connection and "London Bell" makes sense...

But I stand by my assertion that Macross' SF names are better. I'd rather fly for the 'Pink Peckers' than die for Londo Bell [i'm no hero, which means I would wear the red-shirt pilot a GM in MSG] :lol::p

Edited by slide

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally browsed this new VF-4 Master File book the other day. And it was ok. I guess I really need to learn more again on reading and understanding Nihonggo once again to appreciate the book. But I do liked the CGI photos now more than the previous books. I don't actually own the old ones but I do get the chance of browsing them at some Japanese Book Stores before. Now I'm thinking if I should buy the other ones, esp the VF-1 and YF/VF-19 books. But definitely the Tenjin Valkyrie books is a must. ;)

Question though. I know Tenjin did an image of VF-4 from the Macross Chronicles, is that included somewhere in his previous Valkyrie book? Thanks.

Edited by no3Ljm

So I finally browsed this new VF-4 Master File book the other day. And it was ok. I guess I really need to learn more again on reading and understanding Nihonggo once again to appreciate the book. But I do liked the CGI photos now more than the previous books. I don't actually own the old ones but I do get the chance of browsing them at some Japanese Book Stores before. Now I'm thinking if I should buy the other ones, esp the VF-1 and YF/VF-19 books. But definitely the Tenjin Valkyrie books is a must. ;)

Question though. I know Tenjin did an image of VF-4 from the Macross Chronicles, is that included somewhere in his previous Valkyrie book? Thanks.

just buy the MasterFiles books used off Mandarake or wherever else you can find them....they always have a good assortment

As for the tenjin illustration....as far as I can recall, none of his Macross Chronicle work made it to the last Sorties book....so hopefully it does on the third one.

just buy the MasterFiles books used off Mandarake or wherever else you can find them....they always have a good assortment

As for the tenjin illustration....as far as I can recall, none of his Macross Chronicle work made it to the last Sorties book....so hopefully it does on the third one.

Actually I did want to buy those books off Mandarake. But I don't have experience on buying books from them. Did you purchase any books from them? If so, how good are they? Like are all pages still in good condition? Yellowing issues? I'm kinda picky when it comes to books, like I really don't like to see creases or folds on the pages. Hehehe. :rolleyes:

Actually I did want to buy those books off Mandarake. But I don't have experience on buying books from them. Did you purchase any books from them? If so, how good are they? Like are all pages still in good condition? Yellowing issues? I'm kinda picky when it comes to books, like I really don't like to see creases or folds on the pages. Hehehe. :rolleyes:

I have bought a few used books from Mandarake and have been satisfied with their condition....

Just get one and see if they will work for you...

I bought many of my master files & other books from Mandarake with little to no issues. As long as you buy items which clearly list the condition then you should be fine.

I still find it disappointing how few Gerwalk and Battroid shots there are in this book. It's like the very first VF-1 book where it was like they were almost trying to hide the fact the damn thing could transform at all.

That's probably not helped by Macross Chronicle and this book both adhering to the same erroneous line that the VF-4 couldn't transform until the VF-4G.

(A conclusion apparently reached because the VF-4 wasn't depicted transforming until almost a decade after its first appearance.)

It's all about the fighter mode! ;)

It is a glorious fighter mode...

That's probably not helped by Macross Chronicle and this book both adhering to the same erroneous line that the VF-4 couldn't transform until the VF-4G.

(A conclusion apparently reached because the VF-4 wasn't depicted transforming until almost a decade after its first appearance.)

It is a glorious fighter mode...

And why Yamato/Arcadia never released a VF-4 in FB2012 scheme... :wacko:

Bandai teased one for the HMR line....wonder if all that nonsense will finally go out the door?

Both the Master File and Chronicle are non-cannon. All Producer Kawamori has to do is declare that there is a separate parallel world where the VF-4 can transform. And BigWest can issue licenses to anyone who wants to make a toy of that one.

And why Yamato/Arcadia never released a VF-4 in FB2012 scheme... :wacko:

Bandai teased one for the HMR line....wonder if all that nonsense will finally go out the door?

Both the Master File and Chronicle are non-cannon. All Producer Kawamori has to do is declare that there is a separate parallel world where the VF-4 can transform. And BigWest can issue licenses to anyone who wants to make a toy of that one.

Agreed, however, Yamato added some "parts" to their VF-X that basically made it un-transformable if you left them on, thus staying true to the lineart (aka - canon). Not sure why they (or more recently Arcadia) couldn't have done the same for the VF-4 to release a FB2012 version. Cost of the license? BW's regrets on allowing the "cheat" for the VF-X?

I can accept the VF-4 prototypes being non-transforming...such as the XVF-4....but in its FB2012 form....that thing is a production model...now way that it wouldn't be transformable at that stage... :rolleyes:

Agreed, however, Yamato added some "parts" to their VF-X that basically made it un-transformable if you left them on, thus staying true to the lineart (aka - canon). Not sure why they (or more recently Arcadia) couldn't have done the same for the VF-4 to release a FB2012 version. Cost of the license? BW's regrets on allowing the "cheat" for the VF-X?

I can accept the VF-4 prototypes being non-transforming...such as the XVF-4....but in its FB2012 form....that thing is a production model...now way that it wouldn't be transformable at that stage... :rolleyes:

I totally agree. A non transforming VF-4 (VF being "variable fighter") is just Master File series page space filling nonsense.. in a way it makes me glad I can't read a word of Japanese as it would just piss me off to read all the other 'no thought given / spur of the moment ideas' nonsense they would have come up with..

I took out all of my Macross mecha & art books over the weekend and the VF-4 master file is definitely the worst of the lot. But still glad they actually released it.