Because of TFA or just because it's not in the "main story"?

I have to say both. Because I expected too much from TFA only to get disappointed in the end since it felt like a retelling of 4, 5 & 6 with new characters in it. Whereas the Rogue One is basically a 'new story'. The only thing you know about them is that they're probably the group mentioned in Ep4 who stole the plan for the rebellion. :)

My expectations are unusually high and I'm just gonna go full bullish and say it, this will be the best Star Wars movie since ESB. I'm saying this based on the trailers, this looks like a very well made movie.

Let's hope it is. ;)

I will go out on a limb and say this will be better than The Phantom Menace! :p

Definitely! :good:

Just got back from the movie.

Much, MUCH better than Force Awakens.

Lots of little Easter eggs for fans of the original film. Subtle enough for those in the know, but nothing required or essential to enjoy the film.

Glad that all of them died at the end. Makes the Empire look somewhat competent.

And stupid Vader. . . . wasting all that time waving his lightsaber around and not using the bloody Force to grab the data disc. :p

So, does this mean that the Death Star Architect is no longer canon?! Seriously, why the hell is an EXHAUST port sucking IN the torpedo, instead of pushing it OUT?

Lastly, can we have a stand-alone film with K-2SO and Chopper finding HK-47 and having hilarity ensue? :ph34r:

Best. Star. Wars. Movie. Ever. Made.

So many Easter eggs. X-wings have never looked half as good as here. Best ending, too.

[cough] Empire is still the best [cough]

This one is definitely up there though, but it ain't unseating the king.

Enjoyed it a lot. Has a different feel from the nostalgia monster that was Force Awakens.

Interestingly, I found half the easter eggs superfluous, though everyone in our audience cheered when they popped up. Plenty of X-wing action.

I wouldn't mind if the so-called "one offs" were a separate and more "serious" set of SW films like this was.