What sights? There are no scopes or iron sights to begin with. :lol:

Lol, I was so quick to post, I didn't even notice, hahahahaha! I guess since they weren't shooting from the hip, I posted before I looked.

It's a refreshing change, even though their rifles have no optics or iron sights, lol!

Edited by peter

This has nothing to do with Rey's parents. Where did you get that idea from?

I dunno, just saw the lead girl and some random guy in the background and it clicked that this could be a setup for her parents. I'm sure I'm wrong but to me that would make the movie at least a little bit interesting.

Edited by dizman

I dunno, just saw the lead girl and some random guy in the background and it clicked that this could be a setup for her parents. I'm sure I'm wrong but to me that would make the movie at least a little bit interesting.

It would follow the whole "everyone MUST BE RELATED" theme that is so strong in Star Wars.

It would follow the whole "everyone MUST BE RELATED" theme that is so strong in Star Wars.

The main Saga is the story of the Skywalker family. Outside of that I'm not sure what you're referring to, unless you mean some of the crappy EU stories out there.

The star destroyer from what we can see, is exactly like the first star destroyer we see in ANH, which was unique to that film alone. Someone has done their homework in the consistency department. If your into props, head over to www.therpf.com, you will never find a more wretched hive of OCD prop makers, collectors and studio scale miniature prop builders.

Just noticed the star destroyer towers are ever so slightly different. Didn't notice or look for any other differences.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-07-at-8.14.51-AM.png

Also, looks like a life size ANH X-wing prop....not sure why I'm always obsessed with what happens to these props. BSG sold all their life size mock ups to private collectors rather than trashing them. It would be nice to know that the X-wings and Millenium Falcon from TFA and now new X-wings don't suffer the same fate as the original X-wings, Y-Wings and Falcon.

Edited by Mechinyun

Besides the slight similarity in the final shot in the trailer, the rest of that article is garbage and the author has no idea what she is talking about.

Chris

Besides the slight similarity in the final shot in the trailer, the rest of that article is garbage and the author has no idea what she is talking about.

Chris

I wonder if the author has another article about how blatantly The Hunger Games rips off Battle Royale.

It's Disney's game to draw in a larger female audience for a genre that typically appeals to ten year old boys. It may work but their plan is rather too obvious at this point. Maybe they'll mix it up by casting a strong female lead character with a Texan accent next time :)

It's Disney's game to draw in a larger female audience for a genre that typically appeals to ten year old boys. It may work but their plan is rather too obvious at this point. Maybe they'll mix it up by casting a strong female lead character with a Texan accent next time :)

Everything I've heard about this movie is that is centers around a team, not any one person. It's an ensemble piece. I suspect the trailer was more of a marketing decision based upon the popularity of Rey than a accurate depiction of what happens in the movie.

As far as leads go, whether it's a male or female doesn't matter to me. I just care that the movie is well done.

I think the word you were looking for was "Massive" rather than "slight"

Not really, she's wearing what looks like TIE pilot flight gear which has been established for 30 Years. The things on her back are the only questionable thing unless you are saying anytime a woman stands someplace wearing a black outfit (even though said outfits look nothing alike other than both being black) means they are copying Katniss Everdeen.

As far as leads go, whether it's a male or female doesn't matter to me. I just care that the movie is well done.

I agree, well said. :)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I actually preferred this trailer to TFA's, same with the main female lead. I must be getting on with age because I'm quite sick of lightsabers.

Nah. The jedi are fun when they are unique. When everyone and their dog has a lightsaber, the concept loses a lot of charm.

Though now that I say it, I want to see a canine forceuser. Darth Woof holding his sword between his teeth as he force-lightnings squirrels would be amazing.

Nah. The jedi are fun when they are unique. When everyone and their dog has a lightsaber, the concept loses a lot of charm.

Though now that I say it, I want to see a canine forceuser. Darth Woof holding his sword between his teeth as he force-lightnings squirrels would be amazing.

Obi wan catnobi will be there to stop him.

So........does this like take place after the starkiller story arc in the force unleashed games (that leads up to the formation of the rebel alliance) or is that sorta not canon anymore.

Not canon. Everything EU prior to Disney buying the franchise is no longer kosher.

So........does this like take place after the starkiller story arc in the force unleashed games (that leads up to the formation of the rebel alliance) or is that sorta not canon anymore.

Force Unleashed was iffy canon to begin with and no, it's not anymore.

Not sure what the issue is with a female lead or them making it look like she is. Who cares? After the debacle with Rey, Disney isn't taking any chances either.

SSDD around here. 30 seconds of something and everyone is a goddamn expert on how atrocious it will be. :rolleyes:

If only SDF Macross got this sort of treatment. Would love to see more VF-1s in action during that time period, even if it's about another ace, I'm sure Roy, Max and Hikaru weren't the only aces on board.

Even just a smaller story, like Top Gun...more about a battle rather than the whole war. That's why I liked Mac Plus, it was just about two test pilots and prototype variable fighters rather than focusing a lot on the entire conflict from beginning to end.

Going out on a limb to say I even enjoyed Top Gun, where it was about pilot school and one incident with the Russians.

The main Saga is the story of the Skywalker family. Outside of that I'm not sure what you're referring to, unless you mean some of the crappy EU stories out there.

Other than the obvious Vader is Luke's father and Leia is Luke's sister:

• Vader build C3-PO
  • Chewbacca served with Yoda
  • Boba Fett's "Dad" was the original Clone Trooper

The unlikely connections get ridiculous real quick. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

It's still bizarre that TFU was canon for about 5 minutes.

Even more bizarre that TFU2 was, since it apparently ends with Darth Vader a prisoner of the rebellion... and game 3 never happened, so we will never find out how they intended to fix THAT. Because let's be honest, what Vader escape attempt DOESN'T end with rebellion high command all getting forcechoked or sabered to death?

Other than the obvious Vader is Luke's father and Leia is Luke's sister:

• Vader build C3-PO
  • Chewbacca served with Yoda
  • Boba Fett's "Dad" was the original Clone Trooper

The unlikely connections get ridiculous real quick. I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Oh, the prequels. They aren't part of my head canon.