can replace the glass cockpit of VF1 V2 yamato?

master of macross

If you've ever built the VF-1 Kit you'll see it's pretty much a no go as the piece that locks the canopy in is secured by two pegs which are glued in. Pretty much removing that piece requires an exacto knife at min and you're not gonna get it off without some damage and maybe even slicing the pegs.

My Millia canopy is messed up, but not Max.

I really like the rainbow look too - wish I could swap hers out for a less ( or no ) cracked rainbow. . .

Same with my Milia but it's not super bad though.. my Max is fine. So it must have been a bad batch of canopies during Milia production then eh.. :/ Not going to attempt a canopy swap!

hmm... wonder if one of the modelers has a painting trick to replicate the effect? maybe an oil-based solution?

there a few things you can try..... alclad2 Holomatic Spectral Chrome paint .....hasegawa clear hologram finish ....

there a few things you can try..... alclad2 Holomatic Spectral Chrome paint .....hasegawa clear hologram finish ....

thanks lancalot! man those guys who think of the names for those sure know how to pick em!

There is a way to get the canopy out, separate de cockpit from the rest of the valk, use one of steam things (carefully) where the canopy hinge is set, this will loosen the glue a bit and use a small prying tool to very carefully pry it out slowly until it comes off. You do have to be very very careful to not break the canopy or dent the glued piece.

Do not use a heat gun.