Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

They do have minimal decaling and colors, but I'm talking more about panel detailing to break up all those swathes of space. The VF-1 has a pretty basic decal and color placement as well, but the various toys and kits of it have put their own spin on the fine details, including the panel lines and warning decals and... well, not so much color choice, but you get my point.

They do have minimal decaling and colors, but I'm talking more about panel detailing to break up all those swathes of space. The VF-1 has a pretty basic decal and color placement as well, but the various toys and kits of it have put their own spin on the fine details, including the panel lines and warning decals and... well, not so much color choice, but you get my point.

Compared the VF-1 and M2 valks when M2 came out decades ago. And i reminded myself never to do it again. :p

I thought that yellow color one was supposed to be an event only version or it would be distributed only via that event. My memory is kinda iffy.

edit: Miyazawa Mokei exclusive distributor according to the podcast. I guess that means all the online shops go through them first before selling in their stores?

Edited by wmkjr

Slightly tempted, but I will wait until Silvie's version is in my hands, if I even go through with that purchase, to see how it holds up and if I can live with ET's design and aesthetics compromises before committing to more. On the plus side regarding the yellow, it can go naked so that Gena's gets the SAP because they share the same design (Nexx's has the extra gun with the notch in the left leg armor to mount it); although, I wish they'd just sell the SAP separately.

Seems like all the little weapon bays on the able to open up. Hopefully the individual warheads are neatly colored. If they look like on MP Star Saber or the V1 VF-25 Armor Parts I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Sadly the quality of the base toy is still questionable at best. I'm looking forward to it but I'm not sure it is worth messing with. :(

YES! I'm just happy that they will continue the line with the SAP! Now, not sure if I'm going to keep my Sylvie PO though I really want the Sylvie only. But seeing in the AmiAmi page that it's a limited custom distribution, I might hit the PO button next month. You'll never know if there's going to be a separate SAP set in the future or not. And for Y25000+ something, that's a catch. ;)

Isn't it suppose to have a extra gun stored in the left leg, or was that only nexx in the banda kit.

Slightly tempted, but I will wait until Silvie's version is in my hands, if I even go through with that purchase, to see how it holds up and if I can live with ET's design and aesthetics compromises before committing to more. On the plus side regarding the yellow, it can go naked so that Gena's gets the SAP because they share the same design (Nexx's has the extra gun with the notch in the left leg armor to mount it); although, I wish they'd just sell the SAP separately.

Edited by no3ljm

Everytime I see pictures of this product, I keep thinking "yep, looks like something that needs to be in a cardboard backed blister pack hanging on a peg for 10 bucks". While I'm glad a company took a stab at producing something for Macross II, I feel they could have done A LOT better, especially with the technology out today. Easy pass.

I think it's a retro toy. Like they said "What toy should have come out when MacrossII came out?"

This is honestly the the most fair thing I could say about the efforts from Evolution Toys.

Needless to say it's still a "no" vote for me. I'm sincerely happy for fans of Macross II and that like these toys, hopefully the released product is worth the wait and dollars spent.

-b.

Has it been said if other shops will get the SAP vetsion?

The only thing we know for this SAP Bundled Fairie Edition release is that it's exclusive to Miyazawa Mokei. And from what we heard from Macross Podcast is that AmiAmi will carry it since there's a AmiAmi booth in the said Mokei event. HLJ on the other hand, is not in the said event so we're not sure if they're going to distribute it as well. So for now, AmiAmi is our best chance for this release. Hope that helps.

The only thing we know for this SAP Bundled Fairie Edition release is that it's exclusive to Miyazawa Mokei. And from what we heard from Macross Podcast is that AmiAmi will carry it since there's a AmiAmi booth in the said Mokei event. HLJ on the other hand, is not in the said event so we're not sure if they're going to distribute it as well. So for now, AmiAmi is our best chance for this release. Hope that helps.

Yep, it does. Thanks!

Thanks for posting this...I didn't even notice at first glance yesterday that it was being sold as "one per customer"....why wait...preordered! :)

Yep, it does. Thanks!

You're welcome. ;)

Thanks for posting this...I didn't even notice at first glance yesterday that it was being sold as "one per customer"....why wait...preordered! :)

Didn't notice the limit so... preordered as well. Though I was hoping that HLJ will have it soon. ;)

The yellow stripe is an easy fix. Slap a Jolly Roger sticker on the heatshield and add some black stripes. And voila... VF-2SS Roy Focker Special. Just in time for the Macross 35th Anniversary next year. ;)

I'm putting the AmiAmi link here again if ever or just in case some members change their minds and want to grab one. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

That's why people have invented brushes, paint, painting panel lines ect. ect.

I preordered it.... Though... Gonna make some changes to how the SAP pack is....

It doesn't look like Yamcadia/Bandai offerings, which have panel lines that are simply not filled in. It looks like it doesn't have panel lines to begin with. No surface detail whatsoever. That's what I mean by plain.

I suppose you could scribe your own panel lines in, but at such a price point, you shouldn't have to.