Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

• 2 weeks later...

With all the recent Delta news, Hi Metal-R craziness, and the recently announced second coming of the VF-4......Evolution Toys really needs to show off those SAP designs they claim are already done.........or face becoming irrelevant before their -2SS even hits the internet shelves.... :rolleyes:

More Macross is good...but it's suddenly getting kind of crowded....would really hate for this thing to fail on the first try.....and without SAP! ;)

haha yeah right "to each of his/her own." you happy Im happy.

im content with the Bandai model kit. quite perfect.

I remember the votings for vf-4 or vf2ss. happy to hear reissue and new release.

dream come true for many. together happy! meow

Edited by alvaro

The VF-2SS is a pretty interesting valk design, one that I wouldn't mind owning someday, but 25k yen asking price from a unproven toy company is a bit much. :unsure:

Who knows this might flop for Toy Revolution and the VF-2SS will be their only fully transformable Macross toy release. Then a few years later this VF-2 might become the new grail like the VF-4 (before the re-issue). :lol:

Though I will agree that 15k yen is probably the fairer price for this, and 25k yen for a VF-2SS w/ SAP combo pack.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

It definitely looks superior to Yamato's V1 1/60 toys.

yeah but saying that its superior than a Yamato v1 isn't really a compliment.

yes its looking better than the original photos but im not really liking much more than I was.. I might just end up cancelling my order for this thing..

Edited by spanner76

Whoa, great find Spacy, thanks for sharing. Not really liking what I'm seeing thus far so I'm gonna cancel my preorder, maybe the design simply doesn't appeal to me as much as I thought it did when this was first announced. If this valk turns out to be awesome on release, I'll happily eat crow and scramble to secure one for myself, but I'm pretty skeptical at this point.

Haha, what a glowing commendation! :lol:

Yeah.

I don't particularly like the underside-shenanigans, tho...

Agreed, it's such a glaring eyesore that it almost makes me think a panel or something has to be missing. Then again, they seem to be happy with leaving those tabs on top of the chest plate...

I reckon the only thing it is superior to th 1/60v1 is that it's not a parts-former.

Other than that, it looks inferior in pretty much all modes against the stupid 1/60v1.

However, it is quite superior in all modes to the even more stupid MPCs...

I hope that it was someone just taking quick pics or not knowing how to handle the valk during the shoot. Some of the pieces looked crooked or misaligned. Is that stand included? Might need it to hold it during some of the poses.

ronald-mcdonald-food-slap.gif

Edited by wmkjr

perhaps if Bandai or Arcadia have a go at this Valk sometime in the future.. but for now this is definitely a no. I had hoped that those initial photos we saw were just an early prototype but instead must have been an unpainted production version as not much if anything at all has changed. Maybe if they were only asking 10 to 15k max for it then yeah maybe but its definitely not worth 25k which is Bandai DX money! oh well..

I'm not sure if it's just me being personally not very familiar with the design, but the wings look tiny, and the lower legs look like they stick way out the back. Still the weirdest looking elbow hinges I've seen yet.

I mean, if it drops into the bargain bin, maybe I'll grab it, but it's like they really made no attempt to disguise the leg swingbars as anything, or to streamline those solid block hinges sticking out of the top. I was never really that interested in this one to begin with, so I can't say I'm incredibly disappointed, but it just doesn't look like they'll be able to compete in the current market with that level of quality at this price level.

I'm not sure if it's just me being personally not very familiar with the design, but the wings look tiny, and the lower legs look like they stick way out the back. Still the weirdest looking elbow hinges I've seen yet.

I mean, if it drops into the bargain bin, maybe I'll grab it, but it's like they really made no attempt to disguise the leg swingbars as anything, or to streamline those solid block hinges sticking out of the top. I was never really that interested in this one to begin with, so I can't say I'm incredibly disappointed, but it just doesn't look like they'll be able to compete in the current market with that level of quality at this price level.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross2/vf-2ss/vf-2ss-fighter-lineart.gif