Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

So as an F mode guy does the pic of fighter mode there do it for you?

well, for this, at least. i think only the vf-4 looks better in f-mode. just my personal preference, of course.

oh hellz yeah! those 2 f-mode pics from bobby (thanks, man!) really stirred it up for me! i also agree with bobby that a smoke/charcoal canopy would put this over the top!

as others have mentioned, those skinny legs are a bit of an issue. i'm willing to overlook that if and only if f-mode looks close enough to the pic that bobby posted and the canopy's smoke/charcoal.

I wonder if Hibiki's civilian Valkyrie is a possibility!? I rather liked that thing actually!

My google-fu's a bit off today and I don't remember what that valk looks like. Is it the one that they use to take the news footage?

hahaha thanks, Bobby! it's like you have these pics in your bag of holding! XD

i really like the 'glass floor' treatment for the cockpit! the wings look like the vf-25 and the yf-29 fused together! yeah, this would be a cool toy to have!

What's nice about this (if they ever got around to it) is that it is still a transforming valkyrie albeit much simpler. You get gerwalk, a unique modification at the winglets, and an almost yukikaze-like (but long before it) cockpit, which would all make for some simple yet cool poses. I think the best part may be that unlike most modern valkyries that often require a huge time commitment to transform, this would bring you back to the good ol' days of lickety-split-takatoku-transformation-times ;)

snn_gerwalk.png

damn it just as i am getting close getting it right in building my own vf-2ss they make one too >_<.

oh well i know what i am getting for my birthday :p

and i am gong to copy and customize it to heaven or hell.

Haha I was in the same boat myself. Posted a thread up in the fan works section to track my progress, but that's on hold now haha.

This is a must buy for me, I've wanted a perfect variable toy of the VF-2SS since first watching Macross II in 1992.

I don't care that it doesn't look 100% lineart accurate, it looks good enough and close enough to me.

Heck my favourite Macross toy is still the 1/65 Bandai VF-17D/S, which is far from anime accurate, but is just so rugged and fun and quick and easy to transform.

Anyway, I don't see any other company tackling the VF-2SS.

Graham

This is a must buy for me, I've wanted a perfect variable toy of the VF-2SS since first watching Macross II in 1992.

I don't care that it doesn't look 100% lineart accurate, it looks good enough and close enough to me.

Heck my favourite Macross toy is still the 1/65 Bandai VF-17D/S, which is far from anime accurate, but is just so rugged and fun and quick and easy to transform.

Anyway, I don't see any other company tackling the VF-2SS.

Graham

Graham!

Actually I agree with you... I've wanted a VF-2SS as you since I first saw the anime! I was actually working on modifying my 1/100 kit to have a transformable action figure type... And now I get this great news... Maybe let's wait for the final prototype to be out... As Graham says this might be the only chance to get a VF-2SS toy... I hope these guys designing the toy might take some of the good criticism and improve certain areas... But to be fair I do love it as it is!!!

Possible those tabs sticking out of the top of the battroid's chest plate may be able to retract in and they just forgot to retract them for the photo shoot.

Graham

My thoughts exactly! Crossing fingers!

Dunno...I was thinking the tabs as shown would slide down...maybe whoever took the shot forgot to slide them down?

It would be a major blunder to release it "as shown"....so hoping they just hired the same dude that sets up and takes pics for Bandai and Arcadia! :p

hahaha thanks, Bobby! it's like you have these pics in your bag of holding! XD

i really like the 'glass floor' treatment for the cockpit! the wings look like the vf-25 and the yf-29 fused together! yeah, this would be a cool toy to have!

The pics are from my website. You should visit it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sure are a lot of people in here that seem to have very short memories about how awful Yamato's toys were in the early days.

I'm happy we're getting a VF-2 at all. It's not even out yet and instead of being excited and providing constructive feedback, most of you are opting to crap on an unfinished product.

NEWS FLASH: We're Macross fans. Beggars can't be choosers.

If you want to crap on the finished product when it is available, by all means.

Until then, I'll wait and see what happens.

Personally, if Evolution announced that they would release a Metal Siren if the VF-2 sells out through preorders, I'd buy five. If they're out there and reading this, I want to thank them for this release, and I also urge them to read and consider the CONSTRUCTIVE feedback provided by fans.

Honestly, I am sure they are reading 2ch and Twitter or whatever, so they're probably well aware of the common complaints thus far.

Sure are a lot of people in here that seem to have very short memories about how awful Yamato's toys were in the early days.

I'm happy we're getting a VF-2 at all. It's not even out yet and instead of being excited and providing constructive feedback, most of you are opting to crap on an unfinished product.

NEWS FLASH: We're Macross fans. Beggars can't be choosers.

If you want to crap on the finished product when it is available, by all means.

Until then, I'll wait and see what happens.

Personally, if Evolution announced that they would release a Metal Siren if the VF-2 sells out through preorders, I'd buy five. If they're out there and reading this, I want to thank them for this release, and I also urge them to read and consider the CONSTRUCTIVE feedback provided by fans.

Honestly, I am sure they are reading 2ch and Twitter or whatever, so they're probably well aware of the common complaints thus far.

No, many people here have commented on how poor the original Yamato's were. They also didn't cost $300 a pop. At that much, they pretty much need to get it right the first time and these molds aren't looking nearly perfect.

No, many people here have commented on how poor the original Yamato's were. They also didn't cost $300 a pop. At that much, they pretty much need to get it right the first time and these molds aren't looking nearly perfect.

You're right. It would be a lot easier to ignore or excuse any perceived shortcomings gleaned from the prototype pictures if the price point were < $140, or if we knew for a fact that the SAPs were going to be included as a bundle, along with a stand, for the asking price. And it is foolish to think that there will be many improvements, if any, by the time production starts. We've seen this "movie" many many times, by the time we're shown the prototype, what we see is pretty much what we will get.

Edited by mechaninac

Agreed. And for a newcomer on Macross to sell a $250-ish Valk, I really wish they've included the SAP. But like I said form my earlier post, no matter what, as long that this version has the red stripe, I'm still going to get it, SAP or No SAP. ^_^

Whether it's Silvie (Red) or Nexx (Blue) I'm pretty sure I'll pick one up. I have a feeling once a colored/painted version is shown fans of the VF-2SS will be like screw it, I'll take the $$$ plunge! (I don't see Bandai or Arcadia making one anytime soon). And I really, really do hope that the next pics of this toy do show the SAP.

If this sells really good one can only hope a VF-2JA & Metal Siren are to follow! B))

There's nothing wrong with wanting a good version of a toy to come out first. There are some negative comments but people see those and they totally miss the constructive critisms.

Giving up and settling for a mediocre toy at that price before it even comes out... that's kinda weird to me.

^ They are pricing it in the realm of bandai and yamarcadia. People should expect a high level of finish and engineering. There are some compromises that are visible in the prototype that don't belong on a $250+ dollar figure.

Agreed, ChaoticYeti - on all points.

I applaud that some people are taking a chance and producing this toy.

My only crits are those biceps... Yeesh. Would benefit from a double joined elbow for a much more natural flow in the figure.

Second - everything from the hip/intakes to the tip of the toe should be scaled/squished to make it shorter slightly to give a better silhouette and weight, and also match the art better. Needs those chunky thighs and cankles.

Fighter mode would benefit from this too - still retain the sleekness with a shorter ass.

Just my thoughts anyway. Personally I think they should of done the VF-2JA:)

My only crits are those biceps... Yeesh. Would benefit from a double joined elbow for a much more natural flow in the figure.

Second - everything from the hip/intakes to the tip of the toe should be scaled/squished to make it shorter slightly to give a better silhouette and weight, and also match the art better. Needs those chunky thighs and cankles.

Fighter mode would benefit from this too - still retain the sleekness with a shorter ass.

yup...double jointed elbow always helps a lot! also the legs look very yamato v1 vf-1. its like they didn't even try to match the look of the vf-2's legs. hoping they improve a lot before release.

I'd have been happy with a 2JA as well... Though I'm the weird-ass who likes the Gerwalk mode.

Was so excited till i saw the fighter mode. I'm a fighter guy and that looks...weird with that hump that's nowhere near as sleek as the line art. Ah well.

I have been curious how all of you fighter mode guys would feel about this. I like all three moded for different reasons (and especially odd that I like Gerwalk at all, apparently) but I thought the fighter really looked off and wanted to know what the big fighter fans thought.