Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

I know that a lot of folks here are put off by the tabs on the chest plate and would prefer that they were gone, but is it possible to just clip them shorter, or is there a structural reason why they have to be soooo long?

I know that a lot of folks here are put off by the tabs on the chest plate and would prefer that they were gone, but is it possible to just clip them shorter, or is there a structural reason why they have to be soooo long?

Basing on the instruction manual, it's the longest locking tab that holds the chest and back part during Fighter and Gerwalk mode. Not sure if that's a big help on holding everything since there's some small tabs based on the manual, the ones that has yellow color. I also remember someone a;ready removed those tabs but not sure who. Hope he sees this and post comments on it. ;)

006.jpg

Testing stuff I threw together in Tinkercad. It fits!! Now to get around to making it look better.

Cool! ;)

Ok finally i got mine yesterday, and as i said in the other thread, this are my thought about it.

Out of the box it looks intresting, somewhat lighter than what i expected. The legs of mine too get untabbed easily, with just moving it around.

About the quality, it looks "cheap" for 2 reasons: the finish and the hollowness in the general fuselage. if it was more consealed, it would look better and feel better too.

I saw a pic of the valk all tampo'ed and it improves the look greatly, im considering tampo it soon (i never done this with my valks)

In the few hours i had it on my hand looking around and inspecting i think that if i had to buy it i would gladly do so again, but at a lower price. If this valk was around 120-150 tops it would be

right on the mark.

Edited by Mr Bomber

Very productive at work today. Just need detailing and minute adjustments. Then print in 3D white and BOOM! Ugly swing bars hidden!

nice danguard! hoping to see your finished work soon!

I saw a pic of the valk all tampo'ed and it improves the look greatly, im considering tampo it soon (i never done this with my valks)

In the few hours i had it on my hand looking around and inspecting i think that if i had to buy it i would gladly do so again, but at a lower price. If this valk was around 120-150 tops it would be

right on the mark.

AmiAmi has been listing these at $190 shipped on eBay. With an eBay bucks promotion and some ebates kickback thrown in, I was able to grab one in that range. Gotta work the angles.

Very productive at work today. Just need detailing and minute adjustments. Then print in 3D white and BOOM! Ugly swing bars hidden!

Looking forward to the finished product. ;)

Any word of a V2 or a V1.1? I'm liking the Nexx SAP bundle, but having trouble justifying the price in a year loaded with great releases.

No official word yet.

Are people using decals that come with the toy? every time I see one of these with stickers it just seems to exacerbate the cheap toy from the early 90's vibe I get off this thing.

Anyone see these around Tokyo? If so where, Akihabara? We are heading over in April, I would like to see one in person just to confirm my feelings on it.

They are all over the place.

Check Yellow Submarine in the AKiba radio Building 6th floor (across street from Station with bigass yellow and red sign) or check Volks store which is on the main road and a minute or two from the station.

They both had craptons of these things for sale. ALso a ton of HMR regults.

Source: I just checked before I left Japan on 3/12

http://www.hobbylink.tv/160-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-silvie-gena-custom-by-evolution-toy-part-2-review

Another review in case you're all still looking for reviews. Me, I'm not a big fan of the author (their review of the Sentinel Anubis toy was even more barebones than their review of this, and their review of ZoE2 was astoundingly pretentious), but there are pictures.

http://www.hobbylink.tv/160-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-silvie-gena-custom-by-evolution-toy-part-2-review

Another review in case you're all still looking for reviews. Me, I'm not a big fan of the author (their review of the Sentinel Anubis toy was even more barebones than their review of this, and their review of ZoE2 was astoundingly pretentious), but there are pictures.

Thanks for the link. Nice to see another MW member review of the VF-2SS. ;)

Wait. Did I mentioned Cacophanus is a member here too? :ph34r: LOL. :lol:

Thoughts after a couple transformations:

Pros:

The plastic isn't as bad as everyone says. Its thin but pretty sturdy. Its pretty reminiscent of the CMS EX gokin series.

I think the fighter mode looks sweet, but the legs are floppy, will do the nailpolish mod on the leg to backplate peg holes.
Gerwalk is solid and I like it a lot.

I cannot get the body (back to chest) to completely come together in battroid. The swing bars are in the way of the back connectors and I can EITHER have the head locked in place or both shoulders, but not both. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any advice?

Complaints:
I've already lost one of the little rubber screw covers from the swing bar.
The pin in the feet doesn't go all the way through and I bent it pulling the foot out too far. Was able to straighten it and get it back together. The part that holds the feet and slides SHOULD be diecast.
The chest swing bars are attached to VERY thin plastic, I can see BAD things happening there in the future.

The pegs that the legs and arms use on the backplate in various modes should be diecast, I can see these breaking.

Also, the swing bars should have ratchet joints IMO.

Looking forward to the SAP!

Edited by easnoddy

AmiAmi has been listing these at $190 shipped on eBay. With an eBay bucks promotion and some ebates kickback thrown in, I was able to grab one in that range. Gotta work the angles.

great catch glane!

From the reviewer:

"If you’ve come from the recent Arcadia or Bandai releases, then the VF-2SS is a world away from those. Though to be fair, so is its price as it is a lot cheaper. "

:lol: